💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
traditional art

Am I a Good Artist?

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

VANTABLACK

so I was cleaning my closet today, and I found my high school sketchbook. these drawings of gaga are from 2012/2013. Ive never ever shared these. I always thought of my self as a failure when it came to art even though it was everything to me when I was growing up, it was my favourite class. But my last year in high school was a mess, I failed my art class too.:toofunny:

ever since 2013 I Honestly lost all my passion for drawing and painting. I don't know . I guess my depression took over me and I just stopped. I don't remember anymore, Every time I do occasionally  try to touch a new black canvas with a pen, I get scared and give up. I end up ripping it and throwing it away.

tumblr_o6f0kkglyr1uedup4o1_400.png

tumblr_o6f0kkglyr1uedup4o2_250.png

Please tell me if I'm even good, be honest because I may decide to start drawing again, but don't wanna jump in the rabbit hole to waste my time.

Swan Heart

You're far from being a failure, dear, trust me. :laughga:

You obviously have the raw talent and all you need now is practice and time. :happy:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

PERFECTIONIST

the second one reminds me of

tumblr_o6f0kkglyr1uedup4o2_250.png tumblr_mir7qi92ju1rrjm7ho1_400.gif

monicabev.png

my hobbies include lying about PI leaking and getting everyone shook on GGD

VANTABLACK
Just now, C Slayclair said:

the second one reminds me of

tumblr_o6f0kkglyr1uedup4o2_250.png tumblr_mir7qi92ju1rrjm7ho1_400.gif

monicabev.png

:air:

it totally does

Pablo

You have an eye for drawing and facial forms, the proportions are off but the more you observe the better you'll get

Don't visit my profile

ryanripley

you clearly have a skill and you slowly have a developing style too actually

45 minutes ago, BrownLikePepsi said:

tumblr_o6f0kkglyr1uedup4o2_250.png

this one looks very cartoon which you could work on naturally into your own unique art style! :woohoo:

keep practising and drawing and let it all unlock naturally :woohoo: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

VANTABLACK
1 minute ago, Chaotic Anis said:

this looks pretty great (except that gia gunn wonky eyes)

Hide contents

honestly if you feel like drawing again, do it!

if you dont,you can always try new things and try different hobbies

Hide contents

also the first one and the one in the back look really good :giveup:

Thank you boo

and :air:

the one in the back is Piano design I did for gaga :hor:

Seeka

Oh my god you're amazing. You obviously have a talent for capturing the shape of a face.

Trust me, you're talented. But I understand depression and stuff getting in the way. I sometimes don't touch a pencil a few days/weeks during my depression moments.

Trust me, you're talented. All you need to do is refine your skill.

VANTABLACK
Just now, Seeka said:

Oh my god you're amazing. You obviously have a talent for capturing the shape of a face.

Trust me, you're talented. But I understand depression and stuff getting in the way. I sometimes don't touch a pencil a few days/weeks during my depression moments.

Trust me, you're talented. All you need to do is refine your skill.

Thank you so much I wil try to push my self , hopefully something clicks, it would be nice to have lg5 right now for inspiration 

Seeka
2 minutes ago, BrownLikePepsi said:

Thank you so much I wil try to push my self , hopefully something clicks, it would be nice to have lg5 right now for inspiration 

Pushing yourself isn't a good idea. Though it depends on the person. There are reasons there are comics online about how artists have Mona Lisa days and their derp days. Trust me, it all depends.

This is from 2015 and is my most recently uploaded Gaga work. As you can see, I'm not good with actual facial structure (due to not being taught real life facial structure and being inspired by cartoons and anime). But I'm told I'm good. Trust me, artists are usually their own biggest critic, or worse, their own biggest fan.

ink_by_ultimamage578-da04eop.png

VANTABLACK
24 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Pushing yourself isn't a good idea. Though it depends on the person. There are reasons there are comics online about how artists have Mona Lisa days and their derp days. Trust me, it all depends.

This is from 2015 and is my most recently uploaded Gaga work. As you can see, I'm not good with actual facial structure (due to not being taught real life facial structure and being inspired by cartoons and anime). But I'm told I'm good. Trust me, artists are usually their own biggest critic, or worse, their own biggest fan.

ink_by_ultimamage578-da04eop.png

Your so right about that , I love the colours u used ,and those lips I'm in love.

I am my biggest critic and I'm like that about every aspect of my life. It's so troubling to me I can't get past that wall it's like I'm stuck . I hate everything I do . Honestly I just never had anybody to motivate me to do what I love I got ridiculed not taken seriously . It just hurts I have so many regrets.

how old are u btw ?pm me I need a friend to talk about art too maybe you'll inspire me 💚

Seeka
5 minutes ago, BrownLikePepsi said:

Your so right about that , I love the colours u used ,and those lips I'm in love.

I am my biggest critic and I'm like that about every aspect of my life. It's so troubling to me I can't get past that wall it's like I'm stuck . I hate everything I do . Honestly I just never had anybody to motivate me to do what I love I got ridiculed not taken seriously . It just hurts I have so many regrets.

how old are u btw ?pm me I need a friend to talk about art too maybe you'll inspire me 💚

Haha thanks. I love drawing lips. My style has been inspired by Korean-style anime and manga for a while now, and that's where the lips come from. I'm also slightly inspired by certain yaoi mangas and styles and how they draw really perverted looking mouths.

I understand how that feels, though I am the one telling myself that I'll never get anywhere. The best thing to do is to ignore everyone who tells you you can't do it, and surround yourself with friends who will tell you that you're doing well.

Though that doesn't mean you should ignore criticism. Without occasional criticism and selfteaching, you'll never progress. One of my worst fears as an artist is complete and utter stagnation.

I'm 23, though I switch between feeling my age, feeling 12, and feeling like an ancient Cthulian being. But I am always up for talking~

Archived