💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
traditional art

Am I a Good Artist?

VANTABLACK

Featured Posts

VenusBlackStar
27 minutes ago, BrownLikePepsi said:

I am my biggest critic and I'm like that about every aspect of my life. It's so troubling to me I can't get past that wall it's like I'm stuck . I hate everything I do . Honestly I just never had anybody to motivate me to do what I love I got ridiculed not taken seriously . It just hurts I have so many regrets.

Honestly it is a total universal artist thing to naturally feel that way about your own work, no matter what your chosen craft is, visual/traditional art, writing, music, performing, etc. I'm a singer, songwriter, and music producer, and for all three of those I teeter from feeling so proud of what I've done to absolutely hating it and wondering how anyone could ever like it. But that's where the objectiveness of it all comes in.

You seem to have a strong aptitude for drawing! A passion as well. Having both can take you so far. You just have to keep moving forward with it if that's what you want to do. Most true failures are those who give up. I'm slowly learning that lesson myself. Because there are days we aren't happy with where we are, but then if we give up, we'll never know how far we can take it!

Keep going. :hug:

VANTABLACK
5 minutes ago, VenusBlackStar said:

Honestly it is a total universal artist thing to naturally feel that way about your own work, no matter what your chosen craft is, visual/traditional art, writing, music, performing, etc. I'm a singer, songwriter, and music producer, and for all three of those I teeter from feeling so proud of what I've done to absolutely hating it and wondering how anyone could ever like it. But that's where the objectiveness of it all comes in.

You seem to have a strong aptitude for drawing! A passion as well. Having both can take you so far. You just have to keep moving forward with it if that's what you want to do. Most true failures are those who give up. I'm slowly learning that lesson myself. Because there are days we aren't happy with where we are, but then if we give up, we'll never know how far we can take it!

Keep going. :hug:

I love u 💚💚💚 I would give u a hug right now if I could :hug:your words mean a lot to me . I feel so good rn .

VenusBlackStar
1 minute ago, BrownLikePepsi said:

I love u 💚💚💚 I would give u a hug right now if I could :hug:your words mean a lot to me . I feel so good rn .

I'm so glad they mean something to you!!! :wub:

i medici

If you wanna draw then draw! You're definately on the good path but there's still a lot to learn! Try to really focus on: what do i really see? and how will this be on the paper?. Good luck! :applause:

Spoiler

btw: your eraser is your dearest friend, only continue with drawing till that one line is exactly the way you want it

Clip

I don't think you're a bad drawer. The first one is really good :applause: 

If you want some tips to draw faces better:

-Print the photo and draw ruled squares on it, so you can draw them on the paper too and it will be easier.

-Measure the difficult things (the lenght of the face, etc)

-Between one eye and the other one there's always a distance of one eye (unless the face is disproportioned like Kate Moss')

-The corners of the mouth have to get to the pupil of the eye (that's the right wideness of the mouth)

-The lenght of the forehead can't be bigger than the lenght between your eyes and your mouth

And I think I used to know some more tricks but I don't remember now :huh: Anyways, I love drawing faces so you can ask me about it whenever you want :) 

Edit: I'm not sure if you're ever reading this thread again so I'll tag you @BrownLikePepsi

Archived