đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

IGN: "Nintendo Is In Real Trouble"

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark
4 minutes ago, Derpplause said:

according to the rumored specs (from multiple sources), the NX is stronger than the PS4 probably on par with the PS4 NEO

If this is true this could be good news for Nintendo. But then again, even is it is just as powerful as the current consoles, Nintendo always makes weird hardware that people may or may not like. Lets also not forgot they need a lot more games then they are releasing now. For example there is literary nothing important releasing on the Wii U this year.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PaperIz
22 minutes ago, GawdGa said:

yeah they've been making all the wrong decisions lately

just listen to the fans, nintendo omg

This all the way! They ignore us and wonder what's going on! I mean the backlash for event Paper Mario Color Splash should be enough to tell them that. I'm worried for them because nintendo is my bae

Seeka

While Nintendo does have a few good things going for them, like Fire Emblem hitting peak popularity and Monolith Soft probably more willing to die than handing off the Xeno series to ony (again). However, not much of their stuff aged with their fans. While Zelda, FE, and a few other games series have aged well along with their fanbase, Nintendo needs to learn to cater to wider audiences.

The NX cannot be gimmicky as the Wii U and the Wii, and they have to have new games that cater to older audiences. They need more things like 999, Hotel Dusk, Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. They need a games series that can get adults.

Another thing that Nintendo doesn't have in the quantity and quality of Sony and Microsoft is original nonphysical content. It needs those little games tha have their own little cults as well.

Nintendo actually needs to compete. Pokemon and LoZ can't save them forever. And FE can continue as the Tear Ring saga on different consoles.

Honestly, Nintendo screwed up with the Wii U. The 3Ds is great, but the Wii U is awful. Nintendo is also great at handheld games, and that is a market they have a hold over (because it's only sony and nintendo if you exclude phones/ipads/similar things).

display name

Well when I bought a Wii U, I kind of knew I was only getting it so I could play the latest Smash. Nintendo's poor choices do not surprise me anymore. Do any of us really think they can redeem themselves and get back to making games as good as Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 titles?

kvnrp
34 minutes ago, Ibo said:

That's the part I keep laughing at. Both the PS4 and Xbox ONE are on a way higher level, if you ask me. :laughga:

The same was said about the Wii tho.

Hardware wise, it was just a faster GameCube, it could not even output in 720p or play DVDs.

But the WiiMote and the First-party games were what made the Wii competitive with the Xbox360/PS3 and they took several years to have something at least similar.

Spoiler

Playing Metroid Prime 3 with a WiiMote is still just way, way better than playing something like Halo with a normal controller tbh.

I guess Nintendo wanted to do the same with the Wii U, but too bad that neither Nintendo or any other Developer haven't found any good uses for the U Tablet controller :/

Justin Drew Bieber

Oh god no :giveup: I'm a Nintendo fan and I don't like this :( Nintendo has been the only game company I've played my whole life

Quark
10 minutes ago, Seeka said:

While Nintendo does have a few good things going for them, like Fire Emblem hitting peak popularity and Monolith Soft probably more willing to die than handing off the Xeno series to ony (again). However, not much of their stuff aged with their fans. While Zelda, FE, and a few other games series have aged well along with their fanbase, Nintendo needs to learn to cater to wider audiences.

The NX cannot be gimmicky as the Wii U and the Wii, and they have to have new games that cater to older audiences. They need more things like 999, Hotel Dusk, Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. They need a games series that can get adults.

Another thing that Nintendo doesn't have in the quantity and quality of Sony and Microsoft is original nonphysical content. It needs those little games tha have their own little cults as well.

Nintendo actually needs to compete. Pokemon and LoZ can't save them forever. And FE can continue as the Tear Ring saga on different consoles.

Honestly, Nintendo screwed up with the Wii U. The 3Ds is great, but the Wii U is awful. Nintendo is also great at handheld games, and that is a market they have a hold over (because it's only sony and nintendo if you exclude phones/ipads/similar things).

Very good points here. However, I have to say that the stuff they offer is no longer very exclusive to them. On the console side, the PS4 and Xbox One have them beat. On the exlusives games side, they still have great games, but the exlusive games on the other consoles are just as good. And on the handheld side, families and kids have more options with phones and tablets, and their handheld are just not as important. They really need to do something very good with the NX to recover.

Probglum
48 minutes ago, GawdGa said:

yeah same, i have a ps4 now and my wii u is collecting dust :koons:

can I have it

My name is yours! What's Probglum?

kvnrp
28 minutes ago, Enigma said:

If this is true this could be good news for Nintendo. But then again, even is it is just as powerful as the current consoles, Nintendo always makes weird hardware that people may or may not like. Lets also not forgot they need a lot more games then they are releasing now. For example there is literary nothing important releasing on the Wii U this year.

I feel like they are the only ones left to take some real risks with their designs.

While Microsoft and Sony are playing it safe (especially this generation, although MS wanted to do something different with Kinect and the XOne in general which was so promising, but because of bad PR it all massively backfired), Nintendo always had something that would justify the risk that they took.

I don't think when the Wii was first announced, that anyone thought that Nintendo could get people get off the couch to play games, but with something simple and fun like Wii Sports and a strong First-Party line up they pulled it off flawlessly.

Microsoft had better technology with Kinect but it lacked something like Wii Sports, so not many people went out and bought one.

Spoiler

Anyone remember PlayStation Move?

Neither do I :lolga:

Quark
11 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

The same was said about the Wii tho.

Hardware wise, it was just a faster GameCube, it could not even output in 720p or play DVDs.

But the WiiMote and the First-party games were what made the Wii competitive with the Xbox360/PS3 and they took several years to have something at least similar.

Reveal hidden contents

Playing Metroid Prime 3 with a WiiMote is still just way, way better than playing something like Halo with a normal controller tbh.

I guess Nintendo wanted to do the same with the Wii U, but too bad that neither Nintendo or any other Developer haven't found any good uses for the U Tablet controller :/

Because the Wii motion controllers were accessible, trendy, and very social. Their Wii U controller is just like a tablet and no one wants that one you have phones and actual tablets.

Quark
1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

I feel like they are the only ones left to take some real risks with their designs.

While Microsoft and Sony are playing it safe (especially this generation, although MS wanted to do something different with Kinect and the XOne in general which was so promising, but because of bad PR it all massively backfired), Nintendo always had something that would justify the risk that they took.

I don't think when the Wii was first announced, that anyone thought that Nintendo could get people get off the couch to play games, but with something simple and fun like Wii Sports and a strong First-Party line up they pulled it off flawlessly.

Microsoft had better technology with Kinect but it lacked something like Wii Sports, so not many people went out and bought one.

Reveal hidden contents

Read my previous post about controllers.

Quark
6 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also the PlayStation move controllers did not do very well because Sony did not support them with great games. However, they were more accurate and advanced than the Wii controllers. And they will be used again when the Playstation VR releases this year.

They're absolutely not in trouble, they have so many brands and products they could survive even if their next console completely flops. Between Pokemon, Amiibos and Miitomo, they're still raking in the cash. 

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Archived