Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

IGN: "Nintendo Is In Real Trouble"

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

I love Nintendo.

But there’s no denying that the company is in real trouble. Although it’s only April, it is now looking increasingly likely that 2016 will be remembered as the worst year for Nintendo since it first shifted its focus to video games in the 1970s.

2016 itself may be a lost cause, but it’s clear Nintendo is positioning the year as a rebuilding period. “Let’s take a beat, take some deep breaths, and come out swinging in 2017” the company seems to be telling its most diehard fans (and likely its internal teams and investors).

If Nintendo’s plan works, 2016 will be remembered as the year the company laid a foundation for long term growth and prosperity in both the console and mobile game industries. If it doesn’t, the Nintendo of 2016 might begin to look a lot like the Sega of 2001 - a powerful and beloved company muscled out of the home console space.

Full Article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/27/why-nintendo-is-in-real-trouble

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GawdGa

yeah they've been making all the wrong decisions lately

just listen to the fans, nintendo omg

Quark
Just now, GawdGa said:

yeah they've been making all the wrong decisions lately

just listen to the fans, nintendo omg

I used to be a big fan of Nintendo. Now I only have a PS4. That is because their hardware is always behind and they have been lacking badly with good videogames on the Wii U

The crazy thing about the Wii U was that they had a clearly inferior product and still priced the console and the games as high as their competitors'. Of course I'm gonna go with a PS3 or an Xbox if they cost about the same. :shrug:

GawdGa
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I used to be a big fan of Nintendo. Now I only have a PS4. That is because their hardware is always behind and they have been lacking badly with good videogames on the Wii U

yeah same, i have a ps4 now and my wii u is collecting dust :koons:

Quark
1 minute ago, Ibo said:

The crazy thing about the Wii U was that they had a clearly inferior product and still priced the console and the games as high as their competitors'. Of course I'm gonna go with a PS3 or an Xbox if they cost about the same. :shrug:

The funny thing is that the Wii U was supposed to be part of the next generation. In other words, it is actually supposed to be competing with the PS4 and Xbox ONE.

Chromatislaps

ugh they should just showcase the NX and Zelda on the E3, and it will be all fine :giveup: 

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

The funny thing is that the Wii U was supposed to be part of the next generation. In other words, it is actually supposed to be competing with the PS4 and Xbox ONE.

That's the part I keep laughing at. Both the PS4 and Xbox ONE are on a way higher level, if you ask me. :laughga:

NintendoMONSTER

Yes... It doesn't look good for Big N...

I hope they can recover with the NX... 

Kanye West

They have been putting out garbage for years. The last good Mario game was the first Super Mario Galaxy title. Since then, they have tried to pretend 3D Mario is stuck in the 1990's and the results have been awful and unimpressive.

KANYEWEST.COM

Sizzily

And they're releasing the NX at the end of their fiscal year (March) instead of in the holidays :rip: And only Zelda at E3 :air: I think the NX will either do bad or mediocre.

Just now, Ibo said:

That's the part I keep laughing at. Both the PS4 and Xbox ONE are on a way higher level, if you ask me. :laughga:

And the Wii U is only a year older than both but its like a generation behind :smh: 

One Banned Boi

Quark
1 minute ago, Derpplause said:

ugh they should just showcase the NX and Zelda on the E3, and it will be all fine :giveup: 

Hopefully the NX is at least as good as the PS4 or Xbox ONE. Or else they could really be the next SEGA

Just now, Ibo said:

They are both much better. Lately Nintendo has just been playing catch up.

Creyk

Thats what they get for not releasing a main series pokemon game last year and now being so tight lipped with info about Sun & Moon. It's Karma, they get what they deserve. :shrug:

Chromatislaps
Just now, Enigma said:

Hopefully the NX is at least as good as the PS4 or Xbox ONE. Or else they could really be the next SEGA

They are both much better. Lately Nintendo has just been playing catch up.

according to the rumored specs (from multiple sources), the NX is stronger than the PS4 probably on par with the PS4 NEO

The Child

I had a Wii when I was 13 and I gave it to a friend, I bought a PS3 and I love it! I can't wait to save enough money for a PS4!

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived