💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Madonna The Only Major 80's Icon Left

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

RAMROD
Just now, TheCountess said:

Exactly. Plus my favorite band Depeche Mode is still going strong, they're working on a new album at the moment.

So while it's true that we've lost many 80s icons in the past years, Madonna is NOT the only one left. 

ogodyes, DM is great, so happy they are still making music.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic

I don't know how I'd react if anything happens to Godonna. Sure there's other 80s act, but Madonna is the only pop major act who is still relevant than others who had their "moments" and fade. For Janet (love Miss Nasty), but I think she shined more during the 90s. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

Jay.P

Kate Bush is still here :)

9 minutes ago, TheCountess said:

Exactly. Plus my favorite band Depeche Mode is still going strong, they're working on a new album at the moment.

So while it's true that we've lost many 80s icons in the past years, Madonna is NOT the only one left. 

I love Depeche Mode :giveup:

Do you hear that? It's poison.

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, Prismatic said:

I don't know how I'd react if anything happens to Godonna. Sure there's other 80s act, but Madonna is the only pop major act who is still relevant than others who had their "moments" and fade. For Janet (love Miss Nasty), but I think she shined more during the 90s. 

Thank you, you understand this thread!

I used the word MAJOR.

Its no shade to other acts that had success, but these four are on another level. 

Prismatic
Just now, Mert said:

It's Madonna's turn 

13043384_1741193302763515_27159936003251

:awkney: 

Wtf... Death joke ain't fun. 

Pretty Savage

:awkney: 

Wtf... Death joke ain't fun. 

I was just "KIDDING" I'm not trying to be funny :saladga:

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Jay.P said:

Kate Bush is still here :)

I love Depeche Mode :giveup:

Kate Bush didn't have one hit song in the US. So as an American thats why i didn't include her. But I do understand that she was huge in the UK

Prismatic
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Thank you, you understand this thread!

I used the word MAJOR.

Its no shade to other acts that had success, but these four are on another level. 

Exactly. Like Cyndi, aside from her debut and the singles of the second album, she's pretty not well known. And let's me honest, That's The Way Love Goes is J's most iconic hit and the album cover :giveup: 

RAMROD

With all due respect, love me some Madge, Top 3 most listened artist in my last fm but if I can be honest she isn't that big anymore now musically, her recent two albums are definitely not on par with her past repertoire, difference is, she still have lots of faithful admiring fans that kept her above the water touring wise. And just as you said to Janet, Madge were shined more in the 90s and early 2000s as well.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Prismatic
Just now, Mert said:

I was just "KIDDING" I'm not trying to be funny :saladga:

I wouldn't "kid" about death. It's not cute. It's try hard and really cringe worthy. 

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, Prismatic said:

Exactly. Like Cyndi, aside from her debut and the singles of the second album, she's pretty not well known. And let's me honest, That's The Way Love Goes is J's most iconic hit and the album cover :giveup: 

Yup, Janet is totally a 90's artist!

Pretty Savage

I wouldn't "kid" about death. It's not cute. It's try hard and really cringe worthy. 

I know what's cute or what's not cute. Thanks! 

Jay.P
1 minute ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Kate Bush didn't have one hit song in the US. So as an American thats why i didn't include her. But I do understand that she was huge in the UK

Fair enough, although I don't think you need to have hit songs to be an icon. Kate Bush is considered an icon by many for her creativity and innovation.

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Archived