💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Official 'Joanne' Discussion Thread

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

Csao6PdWEAUKb1v.jpg

Joanne is Lady Gaga’s fifth studio album, which was released on October 21, 2016. The lead single, “Perfect Illusion,” was released on September 9, 2016.

The album is named after her father’s sister Joanne, who died of lupus when she was only 19. Joanne is also Gaga’s real middle name (Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta). “It’s all the toughness of the pain of losing her that made us all strong and made us who we are,” Gaga told Zane Lowe. “She is the woman of my past who is becoming and helping me bring more of my honest woman self into the future.”

"Every song on this album is completely autobiographical. Not that the others weren’t, these are just implicitly related, every single song, to actual things happening in my life."

TRACKLIST

fcYubAqh.jpg

CD LABEL

GrQNdqNh.jpg

LADY GAGA / PERFECT ILLUSION

Lady-Gaga-Perfect-Illusion-2016-2480x248

iTunes
Apple Music
Spotify
Google Play
Amazon

Watch the "Perfect Illusion" music video:

LADY GAGA / MILLION REASONS

WRD3F67.jpg

iTunes

Spotify

LADY GAGA / A-YO

001.jpg

LADY GAGA / JOHN WAYNE

Creation:

Spoiler

Beck fig1.png

Spoiler

12 Sep 2016: The song will be dance.

Emile Haynie fig1.png

Father John Misty fig1.png

Florence Welch fig1.png

Giorgio Moroder  fig1.png Fernando Garibay 

Hillary Lindsey fig1.png

Spoiler

Background vocals.

Josh Homme fig1.png

Spoiler

Played the guitar on various songs.

Lady Gaga fig1.png

Spoiler

23 June 2015: Gaga playing the piano. And again.

03 Aug 2015: "LG5 time"

28 Oct 2015: "As soon as I get home I run right to my piano". Gaga playing the piano.

27 Nov 2015: Gaga in studio.

16 Jan 2016: "I’ve been writing a lot for the past year. The show has really affected my voice, I have to say. I’m using my listening from acting in my music more, which is crucial because it’s music. Who knew I could listen even more? It’s amazing to even talk about. There’s a tremendous freedom and a recklessness, but there’s also a sophistication in the show. There’s a lot of liberation, but it’s a very chic liberation."

03 Feb 2016: "I love my monsters. Everyday I'm more and more thankful for everything you have given me. I miss you and can't wait to sing and play and rip on some new tunes for you. ❤️"

09 Feb 2016: Gaga is mixing.

11 Mar 2016: Gaga singing on mute (playing piano).

19 March 2016: Gaga playing piano. Singing.

26 Apr 2016: "Studio time"

12 Sep 2016: 

"Every song is autobiographical. These songs are implicitly related to things relating to my life"

"The album isn't far away, I'm going in the studio tonight with Mark Ronson.

"She wrote a song for her best friend with stage 4 breast cancer, Sonja.

Josh Homme has played the guitar "on a bunch of songs".

LG5 Tour Sometime In 2017.

"LG5 Is NOT A Concept Album"

13 Sep 2016:

"PI's Sound Not Indicative Of LG5"

15 Sep 2016: 

Joanne is Lady Gaga's fifth solo album and is scheduled for release on October 21st.

Of Joanne's title track, Gaga said: "For me it's the real heart and soul of the record. We wrote that song and the decision to ultimately name the album Joanne was in tribute to my father's sister who died when she was 19. The death of her in his family and his life really left a scar and a wound that never healed."

The song "John Wayne" is about Gaga's "incessant need to run after wild men" and getting bored of "the same old John." Gaga says, "This is a fantastic song we did, Josh Homme's guitars on it are just out of control."

Finally, Gaga revealed that "Ayo" might be her favorite on the album.

Gaga releases album cover.

Title track is a haunting ballad with epic vocals. A real change.

16 Sep 2016: Gaga announces MV release for Tuesday 09/20.

20 Sep 2016: Gaga releases the music video for Perfect Illusion.24 Sep 2016: Gaga releases back cover, tracklist and CD label.

26 Sep 2016: Joanne will be Pop. Dance. Rock. Soul. Country. Electronic. Folk. Funk.

04 Oct 2016:

Gaga sings a snippet of "Just Another Day":

"Just another way prove I love you and it's hard today, I'll lay back in my chair and find a way,"

That's the last song on the record," Gaga told Ryan. "It's probably the most New York-glam-pop song on the album. It's the one that airs from David Bowie, Mark Bolan, and then maybe from some like obscure, London metal stuff, the Beatles. It also kind of airs from the electroclash movement from New York and that's kind of when I was coming up, was right after that.

Gaga sings a snippet of  "Hey Girl":

"It wasn't that long ago we were living in the jungle so why do we gotta put each other down when there's more than enough love to g-g-go around" 

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1kUvvgDQt3B

Mark Ronson fig1.png

Spoiler

23 Nov 2015: Reportedly Gaga spends more than twelve hours in a studio in London, UK with Mark Ronson.

23 Nov 2015: Entering a studio in London.

24 Nov 2015: Leaving a studio in London.

25 Nov 2015: Leaving a studio in London with Daphne Guinness.

10 May 2016: I've been working for the past few months with Lady Gaga on her upcoming record [...] They've seen the massive pop singles, tours, and dance numbers, so it's really great to make this very honest, authentic, analog kind of record with her."

(Leaving Gaga's hotel room on the same day)

RedOne fig1.png

Bloodpop fig1.png + Kevin Parker fig1.png

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andy232000

thanks for this! we should keep updating this until she drops the album :hug:

LePetitGAGABLover

I can't believe that she's been teasing us since 2014, and yet fails to give out any information.:awkney:

zakariah
17 minutes ago, MDXCM said:

referencing “You & I” (which he called “You & Me”)

I'm honestly still dying at this part :emma:

2 minutes ago, LePetitMonstr said:

I can't believe that she's been teasing us since 2014, and yet fails to give out any information.:awkney:

Queen of telling but not showing :derpga:

Prometheus

I'm going to wait and see if the original post gets, like, 500 dates long because when LG5 gets released we'll be

computerpostureofskeletononfloor.jpg

The Surrealist

Added snapchats and more updates. If you find anything else, just write it in the comments and I will add it to the timeline. thx. :)

Robo Ga
18 hours ago, MDXCM said:

21 Jan 2016: Elton John writing with Gaga. He heard two songs, which are killer. 'Back to the early stuff of hers,” he explained, referencing “You & I” (which he called “You & Me”) and the “Bruce Springsteen one,” “Bad Romance.”

M - E - S - S  :excuseu:

🤖⚡️

I think this should be added in that official LG5 thread's OP. The other one only have the "LG5 Time" photo :giveup:. Can mods do that? Or maybe make this one the new official LG5 thread.

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Noir

the struggle is real, as long as it is this year

StarryNight

Thank you for this:woot:

this should be in the OP of LG5 official thread as well :emma:

eifulien

Great post. Let me bookmark this cause it was just last week when I was looking through all her content on IG just to find exactly those LG5-related photos!! :flutter::applause: 

• HausOfMark locked, pinned and unlocked this topic
  • HausOfMark unpinned this topic

Archived