💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ariana Grande scores 7th Top 10 hit, Rihanna still #1

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

As on the Hot 100, "Work," released on Westbury Road/Roc Nation, spends a fifth week atop the Streaming Songs chart with 34 million U.S. streams, down 3 percent, in the week ending March 17, according to Nielsen Music. The collab also tops the subscription services-based On-Demand Songs chart (15.3 million, down 6 percent) for a sixth frame. It holds at its No. 3 high on Radio Songs (119 million in airplay audience, up 5 percent) and dips 3-4 on Digital Songs (97,000 downloads sold, down 11 percent). The track also rules Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart for a seventh (nonconsecutive) week.

Capping the Hot 100's top 10, Ariana Grande soars in at No. 10 with "Dangerous Woman." The steamy song launches at No. 2 on Digital Songs (118,000, following its March 10 arrival) and No. 15 on Streaming Songs (9 million, with nearly half from Spotify clicks), while adding 24 million airplay impressions. The song is Grande's seventh Hot 100 top 10 (and fifth to debut in the top 10) and the title track and lead single from her third full-length studio album, due May 20. She performed it (and fellow album track "Be Alright") on NBC's Saturday Night Live, which she hosted, March 12.

The arrival of "Woman" is additionally historic for Grande: she is the first artist in the chart's 57-year history to debut in the top 10 with the lead single from each of her first three albums. Her debut single, "The Way" (featuring Mac Miller), began at No. 10 on April 13, 2013, introducing her first LP (and first Billboard 200 No. 1) Yours Truly. (The song would peak at No. 9.) On May 17, 2014, "Problem" (featuring Iggy Azalea) soared in at No. 3 (before peaking at a career-best No. 2), setting the stage for the No. 1 Billboard 200 entrance of My Everything.

Full article: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7263992/rihanna-hot-100-no-1-fifth-week-ariana-grande-debuts

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping Dangerous Woman gets to number 1. And work by Rihanna is massive its gonna be one of the biggest classics ever!!!

The Child
5 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

I'm hoping Dangerous Woman gets to number 1. And work by Rihanna is massive its gonna be one of the biggest classics ever!!!

Classic? :awkney:

Oh gosh. :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Goddess Of Love
8 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

:neyde::neyde:

darkchylde

im so happy Work is getting those #1 weeks and y'all have to eat your words. they must taste like salt and pepper considering how bitter some of you are about it.

DiscoHeaven23

i love the edit in the article, about the three consecutive top 10 debut singles. 

Bye Bye "Focus"

"Dangerous Woman is gonna flop, she should've kept Focus" :gaycat:

I hope it gets like top three so Ari can get a second hit without anyone else's name on it.

I'm also glad that trying a new sound appears to be working out for her. A lot of times artists get rebuffed when they try to break out of the mold that made them famous, so I'm hoping Ariana will be able to break free of the preconceptions surrounding her music. She's even enunciating better.

Emvee

Everybody I know hates Work. It makes me wonder what kind of people are actually keeping this song at #1 

Archived