Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who else thought that BTW was the ARTPOP of Gaga's career during 2011?

monstereo

Featured Posts

monstereo

It was when she wasn't getting #1 singles anymore, fans were turning away from her after BTW, her songs weren't being played on the radio (Judas/Marry The Night), she was getting a lot of backlash for Madonna comparisons, it was when Perez and Gibson turned their backs on her, Fans were having meltdowns over the album cover, She had to end the era early after Marry The Night, The releases for things were a mess (especially during TEOG era), and fans were pissed when Y&I was announced as a single

She started the ARTPOP Era with these type of tweets, mostly from the BTW Era

Lady-gaga-twitter-haters.png

I feel like people have forgotten how messy it was because ARTPOP managed to overshadow it.

Edonis

BTW was messy like ARTPOP, the only difference is she didn't end the era earlier than 5 months and she had stellar album sales. 

But I also think BTW was really successful because it reached out to a lot of people and I think that's what the overall mission with the album was. If that makes sense :duck:

monstereo
Just now, GagaInTheZone said:

Born This Way was musically flawless unlike ARTPOP

Yes, but fans were pissed that the best songs (shibe, government hooker, heavy metal lover, etc) weren't getting recognition as singles

PinkJelly

Born This Way was the start of the decline. More specifically Judas' underperformance. She was over-exposed and people were just beginning to get tired of seeing her everywhere. That being said, I think she gained a lot of fans during the TEOG and Y&I single cycles, both having great radio airplay - and being much more GP friendly. Especially for older audiences.

Fiona Apple

Well BTW was #1 for 6 weeks,4 top 10 hits and the album debuted with 1m+ so no :emma: It was a really successful album that created controversy

Pierre

If BTW was ARTPOP, ARTPOP was ANTi. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

I don't know if am the only one that thinks this but after the fame monster Gaga should have made the fame monster 2.0 or let the era last longer but anyhow she should have solidified her self with like four dance perfect albums (maybe ARTPOP) before dropping born this way. It wasn't the promo or anything artists that are big as Gaga don't need mush promo, she just needed to get the fans (loyal & dedicated fans) before the release btw

Alien Tulip

The era was a mess but the album made up for it (really only half of it). The singles actually did great minus Marry The night. Born this way, judas, the edge of glory and you and i were all top ten singles which is impressive. The album sold a lot and it was her first number one album on the billboard 200. The era was successful but controversial. It had some messy moments but also enjoyable fun moments. The problem with ARTPOP is that its a really terrible album and everything just became chaotic with the underperformance of the album, to the cancelation of original plans, no music video for a single and constant delays. 

Alien Tulip
2 minutes ago, Denys said:

I don't know if am the only one that thinks this but after the fame monster Gaga should have made the fame monster 2.0 or let the era last longer but anyhow she should have solidified her self with like four dance perfect albums (maybe ARTPOP) before dropping born this way. It wasn't the promo or anything artists that are big as Gaga don't need mush promo, she just needed to get the fans (loyal & dedicated fans) before the release btw

Honestly I wish Gaga had gone a different direction after the fame monster. Born This Way has amazing songs but some songs are mediocre. It was too "soon" for Gaga in my opinion but at the same time I respect her for being ballsy so early in her career. 

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, Alien Tulip said:

The problem with ARTPOP is that its a really terrible album and everything just became chaotic with the underperformance of the album, to the cancelation of original plans, no music video for a single and constant delays. 

:emma: Gurl the album is not her best but it's definitely far from horrible :awkney: It's horrible how Gaga's fans are HARSHER than the critics...

Alien Tulip
3 minutes ago, Britney Spears said:

:emma: Gurl the album is not her best but it's definitely far from horrible :awkney: It's horrible how Gaga's fans are HARSHER than the critics...

We all have different opinions I just think its terrible. If someone calls The Fame or The Fame Monster terrible I'm not going to quote them and say they are harsher than critics because thats how they feel about the album. People can say the meanest **** about Gaga and I still wont care because I love her and thats all that matters to me. 

Born This Way was Gaga in her prime in the centre of pop culture she was talked about by everyone all the time during that era she was still the coolest artist around by miles and people were still listening to the fame and fame monster singles all the time cuz they were new. Born This Way produced 2 very big hits in the UK with born this way and more so the edge of glory. The fame made her the new cool pop princess the fame monster made her a true superstar and born this way made her helped her become the biggest star in the world in 2011 it solidified her as a legend who had had an enormous amount of success within 2 years. ARTPOP produced 2 fairly big singles with applause and dwuw but the album wasn't as famous tbh and the era was less consistent and too short. They were totally different eras. I love ARTPOP by the way though and the era probably kept her as the biggest star in the world during 2013.

Alien Tulip

In a way Born This Way was Gaga's "In The Zone" era. Britney was still popular and talked about everyday during the in the zone era but people also started to get tired of her. She had successful hits but the public were turning on Britney. Britney has always been somewhat controversial like dressing raunchy at 17 to Britney (2002) era but it got amplified when she kissed Madonna at the 2003 Vmas which had mixed reactions. Britney was seen as a bad role model for young girls. Eventually In The Zone was the end of her prime and things went left from 2nd half of 2004 to 2007. With Gaga things went left during the born this way era. They both had meltdowns after the ending of their prime. Thankfully they got both got up on their two feet. 

Archived