💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Can Gaga return as a touring force?

Caesium

Featured Posts

Caesium

The Monster Ball Tour 2009-11

Average attendance per show: 12,000 (approx)

Average gross per show: $1.12 million

Total attendance: 2.5 million

Total gross: $227.5 million

The Born This Way Ball 2012-13

Average attendance per show: 18,500 (approx)

Average gross per show: $1.8 million

Total attendance: 1.8 million (would have been upwards of 2 million had final leg not been cancelled)

Total gross: $183.9 million (would have been around $210 million had final leg not been cancelled)

artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball 2014

Average attendance per show: 12,000 (approx)

Average gross per show: $1.05 million

Total attendance: 950,000 (approx)

Total gross: $83 million

artRAVE grossed significantly less than Gaga's previous tours despite going to many of the same areas she had been previously (except Latin America (BTWB flopped there despite Brazilian's constant pleas for her to come) and South Africa (where she slayed)). Many attribute this to the underperformance of ARTPOP. Artists like Beyoncé, Taylor and Katy have emerged as huge touring forces in recent years (all of there most recents tours grossed upwards of $200 million). 

If LG5 is successful, do you think Gaga can return to her former touring glory (eg. selling over 100,000 tickets in London and grossing $18 million ( :giveup: ) for 3 shows in Japan). I wholeheartedly believe that if LG5 is a successful effort with at least one smash hit and a couple of moderate hits, combined with her two Oscars performances, NA performance etc., she could gross upwards of $150 million on the LG5 tour. If not, I'm afraid it would pull artRAVE numbers. 

And before everybody cries

ahs_musicnotthebling_zps89c72009.gif

It looks SO good to see Gaga slay. We all know it. I remember BTWB numbers coming out and being floored by the huge numbers and audiences she was pulling. She deserves it as a SUBSTANTIALLY better live performer than virtually all pop girls.

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed

I think so, if the album is successful. She has a new fan base, in a way, and a new respect for her voice. Everyone also knows she can put on a show, so I think if LG5 has a good era, then it'll be good.

As long as Gaga is famous she'll be a touring force, what kind of question of this? :rip: For being attached to a hated flop album artRAVE pulled spectacular numbers

djBuffoon

It would certainly help if more people were aware of the album she was supporting, but yes of course she can. 

Shadowcrest

lets work on getting a piece of info on the new album before we start on getting tour records :toofunny:

venusfly

Of course she can, very very easily. artRAVE was SIGNIFICANTLY different than her other tours, it was a fun party with no substance. The monster ball and born this way had amazing theatrics which gives you your money's worth.

If Gaga has a successful "comeback" with big singles, big promotion, etc and has a decent theatrical tour people will buy tickets. artRAVE just wasn't promoted enough and was at a bad time in her career.

Runway

Artrave did okay for less than 80 shows tho

I think her next tour will be her Mrs Carter World Tour era. After her perfomances in Grammys & Oscars (2015 and 2016) + Superbowl, theres obviously demand for her as a performer

venusfly
38 minutes ago, Nino said:

As long as Gaga is famous she'll be a touring force, what kind of question of this? :rip: For being attached to a hated flop album artRAVE pulled spectacular numbers

Not really, it 'sold out' most shows because they limited tickets available when it became clear they weren't selling. Most of the artrave dates did not fill their venues. Even the Perth show 'sold out' because they limited it to 8000 tickets last second.

Harry

artRave's performance was underwhelming in certain areas in comparison to her other major tours, however it still did pretty well considering the amount of dates and ARTPOP's general reception. I think that shows that her fanbase is big enough to pull off successful tours but if LG5 doesn't have a couple big hits, it probably won't go as well as the Monster Ball & Born This Way Ball. That's just logic, really.

Archived