💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The K-Pop Thread

Taylor

Featured Posts

Martijn

I definitely know that ''And now the breakdown'' sample from another song but I have no idea which one...

Edit: Got it

Edited by Martijn

Since "Forever Young" is the 'sub-title' I'll post this here too :green:

My favourite of the four, but I don't like how it changes in the middle... like how "BOOMBAYAH" does at the end.

Other two songs...

Spoiler

• Like 1

RAMROD

I really enjoy the mini :giveup:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

fashion monster

I like DDU-DU DDU-DU more than I was expecting but, and this might be me being extremely hyped at the moment, Forever Young IS my song of the year. I love everything about it. I wasn't expecting that change at the end, but I like songs that do that and this one is probably the one that did it better. I'm so pissed it's not the tittle track and doesn't have an MV.

fashion monster

Wow. If this is what we get for waiting for a year, they need to comeback June 2019. I genuinely think every song has title track potential.

Forever Young > DDU-DU DDU-DU = See U Later > Really

The BIGBANG reference in See U Later :worship2:

I think Really would have done great in Korea.

PoshLife

Utada will be on NHK Songs on June 30. Last time she was on NHK Songs we got all the great performances from Fantome like this one:

RAMROD
1 hour ago, fashion monster said:

I like DDU-DU DDU-DU more than I was expecting but, and this might be me being extremely hyped at the moment, Forever Young IS my song of the year. I love everything about it. I wasn't expecting that change at the end, but I like songs that do that and this one is probably the one that did it better. I'm so pissed it's not the tittle track and doesn't have an MV.

I heard they will film FOREVER YOUNG MV cos it got lots of praise from the teaser? Not sure if tru, but they will perform it on their comeback stage :shrug:

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Martijn

I gave all songs (all four of them :derpga:) a couple of listens before I shared my opinion on here, since I can be super hard to please with just one listen.

DDU-DU DDU-DU - The bop I knew it was going to be from the teasers. Jennie goes AWF, the dance break is awesome and the chorus is super catchy. The only thing I don't like as much is that the pre-chorus and bridge are a little bit cookie-cutter. I doubt this will be nearly as popular in Korea as Whistle, PWF & AIIYL were though...

FOREVER YOUNG - A cute bop, but I don't like it better than the title track. I love the chorus (and the cookie-cutter pre-chorus, but i don't mind it as much here since it seems to fit better?) and the way it switches up near the end. Don't really care for the ''make me bong bong(?)''/''yeah we got that bam bam''/''we gon' dam dam dam''/''whatta bam'' (?) lyrics

REALLY - Now I LOVE this! It gives me OMONA (from MIXNINE) vibes which I loved as well. Feel like it would be better to promote this during comeback stages instead of FY (don't come for me), since I agree that Koreans would probably really like this as well and it's a nice contrast to the title track.

SEE U LATER - It has grown on me now, but the first time the chorus really threw me off. I really like the verses, instrumental and pre-chorus now, but I still don't really like the chorus as much. I think it's the lyrics, it feels cheap to me?

Overall I like the mini album, but I feel like no other group could get away with this. Maybe it's the antipation that built up for a whole year, but for only 4 tracks I expected a bit better.

• Like 1

PopReaper

So far DDU DU DDU DU >>> FOREVER YOUNG > REALLY = SEE U LATER :green: Loved the music video legend.gif

Edited by PopReaper
Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

mister max

Why is arent there  individual threads for like BLACKPINK and BTS and ... ? I feel like they are big enough to get one

the mini is a BOP ugh

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

1 minute ago, mister max said:

Why is arent there  individual threads for like BLACKPINK and BTS and ... ? I feel like they are big enough to get one

the mini is a BOP ugh

There are only like 5 of us that actively post in this thread :sweat: 

We used to have individual threads for Girls' Generation, f(x), 2NE1, KARA and Girl's Day (and maybe more?) back in the day but it was just the same people who posted in all of them, so we made this unified thread to make it just a big K-Pop chat, essentially :) 

Originally J-Pop was also included, but when we had to make a new thread (old one got too big) it was split into separate topics for K-Pop and J-Pop (although I don't think anyone posts in the J-Pop one anymore?). 

• Like 3