💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Telephone Could Be Better

darkchylde

Featured Posts

darkchylde

First of all, don't come for me. I'm a Telephone stan. I love long videos like it and I love how the song was split into parts to make the video flow. The whole idea for the video is impolute and I love it. HOWEVER, the visuals lack appealing and watching it I can see why Gaga doesn't like it anymore. In fact - and don't drag me -, I think the same about Bad Romance and I think the problem lays on the direction.

Maybe it's the fact that the videos have aged, but I think videos like Applause or Marry The Night have more powerful images, so I guess it lays on the photography. I think the photography of Telephone could have been so much better. While the video's concept is perfect, it looks right out of a Tarantino movie that lacked production work. Look at her recent videos, every shot - don't fcking quote me with Zeus in G.U.Y.- looks beautiful, right out of a pretentious french movie. The purple scenes in Applause are like an impressionist painting.

I think thats what Telephone lacked and I think that's why Gaga 'hates' it but, catch this motherfcking tea, she has the chance to fix it. Beyoncé now is even bigger because she has something that wasn't so powerful before: tumblr stans. Making the next episode feature Beyoncé and someone else (we all thinking Rihanna? Yes? Good.) as the second/third single of LG5 would deliver such an iconic pop moment, she would reinvent pop culture.

Benji

Applause and especially Marry The Night are nothing compared to Telephone and Bad Romance. Whatever you're smoking, pass some here :wtfga:

Telephone has aged so it became more talked about than Applause and MTN ever were and is one of her signature music videos? g0rl... Those are all great. Telephone is immaculate and so are all her videos.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

darkchylde
5 minutes ago, Red said:

Telephone has aged so it became more talked about than Applause and MTN ever were and is one of her signature music videos? g0rl... Those are all great. Telephone is immaculate and so are all her videos.

I'm not... basing Telephone? Saying it's not iconic? I'm just saying the photography is tacky and some scenes are not that well directed.

1 minute ago, VenusOddity said:

I'm not... basing Telephone? Saying it's not iconic? I'm just saying the photography is tacky and some scenes are not that well directed.

I think you missed the point of the video

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

weed

I like the fun campy-ness of the video. My fave video ever 

Illuminati

i'd almost dare to say that applause has aged more than telephone. it's claustrophobic and rushed and the visuals have been since then overused throughout the era. it's a good video not a great one, however telephone was a great video.

Seeka

I think she hates the song, not the video, dear.

dannydevito
9 minutes ago, Seeka said:

maybe both

giphy.gif

malazam

I read 'the problem' then 'direction' and then 'Bad Romance' Francis showed up in my mind and then I stopped reading, bye

another shot before we kiss the other side

The Child
23 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Actually Gaga said she disliked the video cause she thought there was too much going on, don't have anything to do with direction or photography.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived