đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga: "I could barely get myself together"

venusfly

Featured Posts

KURUSHITOVSKA

Why did she take like 7 years to explain her abuse?

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

venusfly
8 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Because once you explain it people label you as a victim from there on. 

Alternatively, people accuse you of using it to further your career or to benefit you in some way.

Katie14
21 minutes ago, Steve Nasty said:

Also I don't think she's saying Lady Gaga is a character. Example, let's say Beyoncé was in Gagas place, really emotional. She might say to someone "I'm sorry I can't be the superstar Beyoncé" right now. It doesn't mean it's a separate persona, just that she's not feeling confident. Gaga is her nickname it always has been and anytime she says otherwise I believe she's simply playing up the theatricality of it. 

24 minutes ago, Clip said:

I interpret it like this:

Stefani: her most personal and private persona. She is Stefani only when she's with her family or close friends. I think the "Stefani" persona is the one with insecurities that lives underneath all the layers.

Lady Gaga: her confident and brave self, that wants to inspire people and be a role model. I think her artistic sides (fashion, music and all) are a part of the "Lady Gaga" persona.

As she said before, she created Lady Gaga to be that confident and brave person she wanted to be. I think when she used to say that she was always Lady Gaga (around 2011 or so) she didn't want us to see the sad or emotional person behind the public image or she wanted to convince herself that her insecure self (Stefani) wasn't there anymore. 

Exactly. Saying Gaga is a persona suggests that Lady Gaga is a character she is acting out as if she was in a movie and her true self is a distinct person separated from that. We all have different sides to our personalities. I am not the same person i am with my friends as i am with my family. She needs to be confident and strong to be able to go on stage and put herself out there for the public to judge. Its sort of like the superhero version of herslef that she couldnt possibly maintain all the time. Like someone may be really confident in one school subject and participate a ton in class and be really sheepish in another class they are less confident in.

MonsterMum
1 hour ago, LG said:

I'm pretty sure she just meant her whole body.. exhaustion and sadness does that to you :noparty:

For what it's worth, my brother got a new hip, last year when he was 26. He still feels it with the weather, with certain positions when keeping the leg in the same position for a while so yes even if you have had it fixed, you will feel it for the rest of your life.

Whispering
17 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Because for most of that time, she wasn't even dealing with it herself...which us very common with sexual assault survivors. Look at Diane, just now talking about what happened to her at twelve years old. 

Katie14
1 minute ago, MonsterMum said:

For what it's worth, my brother got a new hip, last year when he was 26. He still feels it with the weather, with certain positions when keeping the leg in the same position for a while so yes even if you have had it fixed, you will feel it for the rest of your life.

Yea, after any major surgery or injury, your body is usually never the same.

Katie14
24 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

She pushed it to the back of her mind and tried to pretend it never happened. She never had time to heal from it. She didnt start to heal from it until her life basically haulted after her surgery. For the 1st time since her career started, she had a break and there were no more distractions allowing her to exist without dealing with it. 

Sister

I Love You, Gaga and Thank You for that performance and for the song!

x

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived