đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga: "I could barely get myself together"

venusfly

Featured Posts

venusfly

Gaga has shared her experiences in rehearsing for her Oscars performance and coming to terms with realising she is a sexual assault survivor.

"The first day of rehearsal with all the survivors I could barely get myself together. My body was wrecked with inflammation and pain, crying and shaking the whole walk to the stage. The whole night before I did not sleep. The fear of knowing I would finally face that I belonged in that group. I told them I was so sorry I couldn't be Lady Gaga for them, that I couldn't even get dressed. I could barely get through the song, couldn't hit any of the high notes. Hair wet, sloppy tee shirt jeans uggs, tissues. They all hugged me and told me that it was okay because it was more real this way, that they understood that they were in pain too. They told me they were there for me to support me because they believed this message needed to be heard. Without them I never could have felt strong. They accepted me for me, at my lowest and that was good enough for them, so somehow through the magic of their courage they made it good enough for me too. "

:giveup: Poor Gaga,... I'm so proud of her

venusfly
1 minute ago, Ethan said:

She still gets pain and inflammation from her hip? :( 

I'm pretty sure she just meant her whole body.. exhaustion and sadness does that to you :noparty:

Robo Ga

I think this caption tells us more about how Stefani and Gaga are separate from one another. Her saying that she "couldn't be Lady Gaga for them" seems to say that she views Gaga as her confident pop star persona. Interesting, because she used to always say that she WAS Lady Gaga through and through. I hope during LG5 era she explains more about Stefani's relationship with Gaga and vice versa, because it is a concept that simultaneously intrigues and frustrates me, since it seems to be ever-changing. 

🤖⚡️

Shadow

Sounds like the trauma weights heavy on her as I can only imagine many victims of sexual assault go through. It's a ****ed up world we live in, but at least others who know what it is like can support each other and get through it one day at a time. 

Silence those demons... . đź–¤

Killa
2 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I think this caption tells us more about how Stefani and Gaga are separate from one another. Her saying that she "couldn't be Lady Gaga for them" seems to say that she views Gaga as her confident pop star persona. Interesting, because she used to always say that she WAS Lady Gaga through and through. I hope during LG5 era she explains more about Stefani's relationship with Gaga and vice versa, because it is a concept that simultaneously intrigues and frustrates me, since it seems to be ever-changing. 

In4 the era starts with a video directed by inez and vinoodh with her looking at mirror and talking with herself. One is Stefani the other is Lady Gaga, trapped in the mirror.

I think she could have cut the drama, cause sometimes it's too much and i don't really buy it, cause she's a bit hyperbolic. She just meant that even after it all she's still been in denial, using this whole apparatus to promote the video and song, but for herself, she always felt it was somthing she didn't really belong to. This is my read, at least.

ThatAsianGuy

So her hips is not completely healed.until now? It kinda worries me that itll affect her new era specially her tours and promotions.:ohno:

venusfly
1 minute ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

So her hips is not completely healed.until now? It kinda worries me that itll affect her new era specially her tours and promotions.:ohno:

She got through all of artRAVE fine

Katie14

Thats really intense. Im so proud of her she was able to get herself through it and spread this beatiful message to the public. I feel kind of bad saying this but i wonder if she is going to tell the full story of what happened to her. Its none of our business but im just selfishly curious. 

1 hour ago, Robo Ga said:

I interpret it like this:

Stefani: her most personal and private persona. She is Stefani only when she's with her family or close friends. I think the "Stefani" persona is the one with insecurities that lives underneath all the layers.

Lady Gaga: her confident and brave self, that wants to inspire people and be a role model. I think her artistic sides (fashion, music and all) are a part of the "Lady Gaga" persona.

As she said before, she created Lady Gaga to be that confident and brave person she wanted to be. I think when she used to say that she was always Lady Gaga (around 2011 or so) she didn't want us to see the sad or emotional person behind the public image or she wanted to convince herself that her insecure self (Stefani) wasn't there anymore. 

Stephen

I'm so happy for her. This song and this performance have really healed her it seems. Thank you Diane <3

Stephen

Also I don't think she's saying Lady Gaga is a character. Example, let's say Beyoncé was in Gagas place, really emotional. She might say to someone "I'm sorry I can't be the superstar Beyoncé" right now. It doesn't mean it's a separate persona, just that she's not feeling confident. Gaga is her nickname it always has been and anytime she says otherwise I believe she's simply playing up the theatricality of it. 

Robo Ga
2 minutes ago, Clip said:

I interpret it like this:

Stefani: her most personal and private persona. She is Stefani only when she's with her family or close friends. I think the "Stefani" persona is the one with insecurities that lives underneath all the layers.

Lady Gaga: her confident and brave self, that wants to inspire people and be a role model. I think her artistic sides (fashion, music and all) are a part of the "Lady Gaga" persona.

As she said before, she created Lady Gaga to be that confident and brave person she wanted to be. I think when she used to say that she was always Lady Gaga (around 2011 or so) she didn't want us to see the sad or emotional person behind the public image or she wanted to convince herself that her insecure self (Stefani) wasn't there anymore. 

I think you're right, especially about how 2011 Gaga couldn't show as much vulnerability. Stefani needed to create Gaga in order to be fearless enough to pursue fame. I see The Fame and Fame Monster as the creation of Gaga, Born This Way as the peak of Gaga's persona, and then ultimately ARTPOP as an implosion of Gaga - the artist she created finally clashing with Stefani, the personal demons and feelings that she could not longer suppress. Maybe LG5 can finally be a fusion - Stefani and Gaga becoming one identity, and through this union creating something greater than she's ever created before. 

...Or maybe I'm just a typical stan overthinking everything  :cool:  

🤖⚡️

Archived