Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga get an oscar nomination next year?

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Andres Miller
4 hours ago, kvnrp said:

We dont know what she has planned tho :green:

Knowing Bobby, he will pull out all the stops. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katharine Hepburn

2014 - gaga attends Oscars

2015 - gaga performs at the Oscars 

2016 - gaga is nominated for an oscar

2017 - gaga wins an oscar

xoxo Joanne

StrawberryBlond

I think that must have been her first thought too - get right back into the studio with Diane and write another Oscar bait song. But it simply doesn't work that way. The rule states that the song must be written specifically for a particular film. If you write and release a song and then a movie comes along which fits it perfectly, even if it's included, it goes against the rule. There might even be a rule against writing a song and then keeping it safe until the perfect film offer comes along to feature it in. All Gaga can hope for is that she gets the offer to write a song for a much bigger film and then she might have more of a chance. But she's got to wait on the offer. But now she's an Oscar nominee (who stood such a high chance, at that), she might well get an offer that's of a much higher level than a documentary that went under the radar. But it could be years. With any luck, she might get the offer of the next Bond theme, which she wholly deserves to do. But knowing her luck, the academy would decide that letting a Bond theme win for a third consecutive movie was pushing it and was too predictable. I'm so pissed that Sam got an Oscar after 2 years in the history, 1 hit album and has all the makings of a one album wonder while Gaga has been paying her dues for nearly 9 years and is way bigger than him. And yet she's the one who's going to have to work harder to win an Oscar. To think out of all the great Bond themes, WOTW is one of only two that's ever won. I was listening to the old themes today and the lyrics to Goldeneye - "You'll never know how it feels to get so close and be denied" have never been so fitting right now. With any luck, "but now my time has come and time, time is not on your side" will be even more fitting in a few years.

Archived