Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What would you think of this concept for LG5?

Bebe

Featured Posts

eifulien

The idea is like an elaborate upgraded version of ARTPOP. I love it. I hope I'm not the only seeing the parallel to ARTPOP. Cause she kinda does some of the things you came up with on it. Introducing herself in Aura "unzipping the costume/the mask" only to discover that beneath it stands the same. I mean fame as a theme is a recurring topic for her on AP just like on TF but this time she took a personal approach to it - speaking about herself and her own views rather than the public perception. She includes sex and love, drugs and anddiction, fashion, media relations, and after her lowest point on Dope, she rebounds back to the top with Gypsy and Applause. She finds what truly matters for her at the end of the journey.

I guess she had similar thoughts about the backlash she faced during BTW so ARTPOP addressed that in a way. Sure it's a very diverse album - pop, hip-hop, RnB, some rock influences but everything is wrapped in strong electronic/dance sound so it sounds cohesive for the most part (sure at 15 tracks it could be weeded out at some places). But I consider ARTPOP as the closest point Gaga ever was to creating a concept album. Yes, you'll drag me for not mentioning TFM in this case but it's not comparable. First - because of its length, and secondly because the concept itself is not so strong in it - you can still enjoy most songs without even knowing about the whole fame fears thing. Whereas, on ARTPOP we have a whole song explaining the idea behind it.

But I doubt Gaga wants to do something similar again and dig into ideas that she needs to get across her audience. :duck: My honest wish is that she goes the BTW route and create something more rough around the edges, bold, something that makes people uncomfortable and pushes them to rethink the status-quo through music. BTW is very VERY imperfect album sonically, but she tried and the hits outweigh the misses. She has some excellent timeless moments on it. 

Or maybe as she has slightly hinted, she may distance herself from both BTW and ARTPOP. Maybe she will go the way TF and TFM did. She will give us the perfection everyone here has been craving for. She's built so much the last year that I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to keep this good image for the pop era as well by serving some cool polished funky pop tunes. Either way, please Gags, make sure you're ready to release something for the summer. :laughga:

asfittingasmcqueen

I love the idea of a "conquer your demons" album. I think she has covered so many topics before all she has left (at least for now) is the sense of maturity. It's simple, relatable and cohesive. She could talk about her future wedding, her family, how much she has grown both as a person and as an artist, how hard working can give you positive results and how grateful she feels for tony, taylor, bowie and any other inspiration/close friend.

adamsenigma
3 hours ago, gagzus said:

Despite what we think, I'm almost certain because of the happy place she's in again and her WOTY interview plus her working with amazing electronic-pop and disco producers she's simply gonna make a solid pop record again ala The Fame, perhaps not the same themes but she'll definitely include sex as a theme again (she's basically confirmed this like 3 times) and i'm assuming love so I think we'll get more songs that are like I Want Your Love with a dash of the sexuality she's been serving since before and during AHS.

But I could be wrong who knows, she's not as predictable as she was when writing say Born This Way (we legit could tell what the title was and the themes during like mid 2010 tbh). She has the album title already (if history is anything to go by) and she'll have a loose theme for sure. But let's be real do we really NEED a themed album? We've had 4 after all.

This album is going to be organic. Nothing electronic about me, bookmark me. Mark doesn't produce electro-pop, RedOne? Maybe, but he's also a rock/country producer, and Nile sounds are pretty organic too, I'm not expecting a disco dance album, I'm pretty sure it'll be full of ballads and stuff like that lol

(Hopefully, Moroder is out of the album) 

adamsenigma
2 hours ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

The idea is like an elaborate upgraded version of ARTPOP. I love it. I hope I'm not the only seeing the parallel to ARTPOP. Cause she kinda does some of the things you came up with on it. Introducing herself in Aura "unzipping the costume/the mask" only to discover that beneath it stands the same. I mean fame as a theme is a recurring topic for her on AP just like on TF but this time she took a personal approach to it - speaking about herself and her own views rather than the public perception. She includes sex and love, drugs and anddiction, fashion, media relations, and after her lowest point on Dope, she rebounds back to the top with Gypsy and Applause. She finds what truly matters for her at the end of the journey.

I guess she had similar thoughts about the backlash she faced during BTW so ARTPOP addressed that in a way. Sure it's a very diverse album - pop, hip-hop, RnB, some rock influences but everything is wrapped in strong electronic/dance sound so it sounds cohesive for the most part (sure at 15 tracks it could be weeded out at some places). But I consider ARTPOP as the closest point Gaga ever was to creating a concept album. Yes, you'll drag me for not mentioning TFM in this case but it's not comparable. First - because of its length, and secondly because the concept itself is not so strong in it - you can still enjoy most songs without even knowing about the whole fame fears thing. Whereas, on ARTPOP we have a whole song explaining the idea behind it.

But I doubt Gaga wants to do something similar again and dig into ideas that she needs to get across her audience. :duck: My honest wish is that she goes the BTW route and create something more rough around the edges, bold, something that makes people uncomfortable and pushes them to rethink the status-quo through music. BTW is very VERY imperfect album sonically, but she tried and the hits outweigh the misses. She has some excellent timeless moments on it. 

Or maybe as she has slightly hinted, she may distance herself from both BTW and ARTPOP. Maybe she will go the way TF and TFM did. She will give us the perfection everyone here has been craving for. She's built so much the last year that I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to keep this good image for the pop era as well by serving some cool polished funky pop tunes. Either way, please Gags, make sure you're ready to release something for the summer. :laughga:

Why are y'all expecting a dance album :duck: Get over it 

gagzus
3 hours ago, adammonroe said:

Why are y'all expecting a dance album :duck: Get over it 

because she's a DANCE ARTIST, there's legit no escaping that- y'all run away from her electronic sound just because ARTPOP was poorly recieved when it wasn't the sound that let it down it was the cohesive theme (or lack thereof) and backlash she got for 2 years. And let's not forget she has 4 albums she defines as dance music y'all assume after one jazz album (that was unnecessary anyway) she's suddenly gonna be all Adele-esque... She's not gonna conform to trends and make loads of ballads nor is she gonna conform to House music but it will be electronic-pop and disco-dance since ALL the producers on the album so far make that music (Mark's new sound is more electronic and Nile's has always had electronic elements to it).

If she's dumb as **** she'll pull out an album full of ballads and fade into the crowd, if she's smart she'll pull out what people obviously want- her making catchy electronic music again with a mix of sexual and outlandish visuals that tell a story and have her use technology again. That's what we need not some "I'm 30 now let me become stereotypical and conform to an ageist society" she even said it herself in her WOTY interview she isn't gonna lose her edge just because she's suddenly considered "old" in the pop world.

adamsenigma
24 minutes ago, gagzus said:

because she's a DANCE ARTIST, there's legit no escaping that- y'all run away from her electronic sound just because ARTPOP was poorly recieved when it wasn't the sound that let it down it was the cohesive theme (or lack thereof) and backlash she got for 2 years. And let's not forget she has 4 albums she defines as dance music y'all assume after one jazz album (that was unnecessary anyway) she's suddenly gonna be all Adele-esque... She's not gonna conform to trends and make loads of ballads nor is she gonna conform to House music but it will be electronic-pop and disco-dance since ALL the producers on the album so far make that music (Mark's new sound is more electronic and Nile's has always had electronic elements to it).

If she's dumb as **** she'll pull out an album full of ballads and fade into the crowd, if she's smart she'll pull out what people obviously want- her making catchy electronic music again with a mix of sexual and outlandish visuals that tell a story and have her use technology again. That's what we need not some "I'm 30 now let me become stereotypical and conform to an ageist society" she even said it herself in her WOTY interview she isn't gonna lose her edge just because she's suddenly considered "old" in the pop world.

I just wanna hear something different from her lmao I'm so tired of that electro-pop **** tbh Hopefully she won't release an electro album.

MonsterOfSpain
7 hours ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

MTE, amazing post! :applause:That's exactly ARTPOP's concept. I always feel the album is very underrated concept-wise, I personally think it's her best, not only musically but conceptually as well.

Archived