💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm happy for Sam Smith, but I feel so sorry for Diane Warren because ...

Andy McQueen

Featured Posts

Andy McQueen

... she wanted that Academy Award SO badly. Remember that interview, actually she was/is in a similar situation like Leonardo DiCaprio and she always felt like the loser and person "behind the scenes", I think she lacks confidence and an Oscar win would finally give her that validation she was always dreaming of. She is a very good songwriter and was abused when she was just a little kid, I think when you have such a traumatic experience as a small child it really can shape your future in a dramatic way and I feel like Sam Smith is still so young and has enough time to win more Oscars and stuff, but Diane was chasing her whole life time after that trophy it seems - of course she still can write new songs etc., but I just feel so sorry for her, you know what I mean, she was really so emotional with Gaga and in interviews so happy like "yeah, finally I can express the pain with words and melodies in my music", it's such a personal song and I don't know, I just would like to meet Diane and hug her endlessly tbh

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SLAYing
9 minutes ago, Andy McQueen said:

... she wanted that Academy Award SO badly. Remember that interview, actually she was/is in a similar situation like Leonardo DiCaprio and she always felt like the loser and person "behind the scenes", I think she lacks confidence and an Oscar win would finally give her that validation she was always dreaming of. She is a very good songwriter and was abused when she was just a little kid, I think when you have such a traumatic experience as a small child it really can shape your future in a dramatic way and I feel like Sam Smith is still so young and has enough time to win more Oscars and stuff, but Diane was chasing her whole life time after that trophy it seems - of course she still can write new songs etc., but I just feel so sorry for her, you know what I mean, she was really so emotional with Gaga and in interviews so happy like "yeah, finally I can express the pain with words and melodies in my music", it's such a personal song and I don't know, I just would like to meet Diane and hug her endlessly tbh

I couldn't agree more :ohno:  

Instagram : saurabh_slays

Andy McQueen
1 minute ago, Bury Me said:

Deal with it.

I do, I just hope Diane will as well and not get depressive etc. tbh 

Frankenztein

Yeah I want to give Diane a hug too. I feel like she's the one who really lost here, because the song wouldn't have even been released if it wasn't for her hard work. Gaga at least got to have her big moment in performing the song but Diane got dust. 

Andy McQueen
Just now, Frankenztein said:

Yeah I want to give Diane a hug too. I feel like she's the one who really lost here, because the song wouldn't have even been released if it wasn't for her hard work. Gaga at least got to have her big moment in performing the song but Diane got dust

Yes :(:(:(

Phoenix

Yeah, I feel the worst for Diane, then I feel bad for Gaga, they both worked hard on this and not just the song but the movement, this is one of the biggest snubs in Gaga's career.

I have no other comment.

💎

SLAYing

I'm sure Diane must have cried like a baby, hugging Gaga after the cameras went off !!

She was soo sure about winning .. It was actually her win in the first place !

One of the reasons is that they wanted Diane to be the Katy of the Oscars.

But I agree, she's very kind and so humble, maybe a little bit too humble like she almost always said things like, "It's nothing. I'm not that great."

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

Gypsy Life

I agree. I felt worse about Diane than I felt about Gaga. How horrible must it be to keep losing for 30 years, when you don't deserve one, but SEVERAL Oscars 

SLAYing

I have a feeling that Diane & Gaga will be back again as a contender for next years's Oscars... Something tells me that neither Gaga , nor Diane are gonna sit back after this theft .. They have been robbed ..literally ! 

Cheap thrills

Yeah I guess its congrats to Sam but I really hope she has the opportunity some other time

Katharine Hepburn

As she wrote for Cher for Burleque "This is far from over you haven't seen the last of me"

xoxo Joanne

Dangerous Man

At least she has written all-time classics that will be remembered for many decades. Not saying TIHTY will become one but would be awesome if it happens.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived