Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you want long music videos in LG5

weed

Featured Posts

I was just watching the G.U.Y. video again, and it's one of her best imo! It's very fun and campy and has a story, has cameos of the Real Housewives and Sky and Cohen, she looks amazing. Picking G.U.Y. as a single was also a very big move tbh like you'd imagine Gypsy or something but she picked G.U.Y., which I love!

I'm so sad it flopped tbh :giveup: like if ARTPOP wasn't already dead before the release of G.U.Y. I like to think it would've been very successful lol

Also, the video (whole thing) was 11 minutes, very long. Do you guys want long music videos for LG5 songs, or just song-length videos? Her longest so far, MTN and GUY, have both flopped. Telephone is also pretty long, but it was a success. I'm mostly hoping for Bad Romance and Judas-esque, where there's some story apart from the song, but they're still like 7 minutes max. If there's one big Telephone-type, I'd love it, but only for 1 single and not the first. Thoughts? :gaycat:

EDIT: I've been on this topic for like 20 minutes lol typing and watching so haven't seen the 10 minute song post until now. If this is too similar I can ask to get this deleted if you want

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hola Soraya

For the singles no, except maybe for the final one to wind down the era. For non-singles yes, as concept films. :)

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Pacify Him

I C U :stalkga:

but no I just want a 10 mins-long song. I don't want another music video with a lot of extras. If she makes one and it was a whole song, then I'd be ok with that.

I’m getting on your nerves

I'd rather have song- lenght music videos this time around. G.U.Y is a cute video but it could be a million times better if there was a real director and a real editor involved. I hope she lets professionals do their job instesd of wanting to do it all.

Actually no, it's nice to have, but not necessary. I always remember the GUY having different versions played on TV. It adds a little bit of confusion to the GP. I think there was a point where didn't even play GUY because it was too long. Of course, some stations have no idea it has a short version.

She should have normal lengthy videos and a proper director.

00026 † 10000

OmgSum1Actually
5 minutes ago, Bio said:

I'd rather have song- lenght music videos this time around. G.U.Y is a cute video but it could be a million times better if there was a real director and a real editor involved. I hope she lets professionals do their job instesd of wanting to do it all.

G.U.Y. is one of her best videos :)

Shameless selfpromo

Iwontell

It would be smarter of her to divide these long videos into two or three videos...one prologue (with the beginning of the video, to set the story and create hype, being released two or three days before the actual video) and then the video itself...maybe even an epilogue released a month after the video is out (it would stimulate people to go back and watch the main video again).

In that way she can satisfy her wish to tell big stories, but provide a video short enough for fans to watch it over and over (for vevo certification and stream counts purposes)...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

i would prefer a long music video with the song split up into different parts with breaks inbetween

(like the telephone wig-snatching video!!!! :gaycat:)

luckythisway
Just now, MONSTERBABY said:

maximum 7 min :crossed:

mte. She started going downhill after Alejandro. The BTW video has half the amount that Alejandro does bc of the length. If she doesn't go over 5 min (let's say) it will guarantee 1B views and a lot of help on the charts. 

CHROMATICA

Mister Gaga

Unpopular opinion, but yes. I love gaga's long videos, they're full of passion and interesting concepts/stories. BTW is my fave era, talking about videos (although Bad Romance is still my fave).

It's amazing to see how much creativity this woman has, everything about her videos is uncommon, safeless and risky; but with an enormous share of emotion! Other's faves could never make something as creative as Marry The Night, Alejandro, You and I, G.U.Y.. I know it's nice and maybe it sounds kinda hypocrite, but i don't care about views...MTN is a beautiful piece of art. I wouldn't change it for a video of 4 minutes with 900M views.

Archived