💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Grammys: Gaga's artistic side might be accepted

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Up to this point, Gaga's crazy performances, videos, and outfits have been seen by many people as just attention grabbers. But the reality is that most of Gaga's outfits and performances actually had a meaning, a theme, or symbolism behind them.

Now, the GP accepts David Bowie's antics, videos, or performances as art. So if this Monday Gaga nails the Bowie tribute with her own unique technological twist, she has a chance of making the GP see the true artist behind Gaga. At this point Gaga managed to convince the GP that she is one of the best vocalist, so now this could be Gaga's chance to convince the GP that she is also a great performance artist (and that she has always been one).

Kanye West

The GP saw Gaga's work as art up until 2013 when she drastically declined in quality. All Gaga needs to do is bring back quality. She can still do it. Everything she did at the Oscars last year was a work of art.

KANYEWEST.COM

mariomania1234

Gaga's art has been widely recognized for the most part. It's a big factor in why she was so successful. 

Mobster

Perfect time to ask Millie Brown to puke on her on international tv

giphy.gif

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Jesse Pinkman
6 minutes ago, Imperial POP said:

The GP saw Gaga's work as art up until 2013 when she drastically declined in quality. All Gaga needs to do is bring back quality. She can still do it. Everything she did at the Oscars last year was a work of art.

Yeah. During her peak in 2009-2011, Gaga was seen as a true visionary artist. I think people started getting turned off by her during the BTW era. Judas, the Jo Caldorone thing at the VMAs, and her intentionally "ugly" looks became too much for people. Not to mention her drastic personality change. ARTPOP just sped up the process. 

It's science, bitch

ARTPOPisaChoice
5 minutes ago, Metamorphosis said:

Yeah. During her peak in 2009-2011, Gaga was seen as a true visionary artist. I think people started getting turned off by her during the BTW era. Judas, the Jo Caldorone thing at the VMAs, and her intentionally "ugly" looks became too much for people. Not to mention her drastic personality change. ARTPOP just sped up the process. 

You're totally right. As soon as Gaga used her artistic platform to depict quasi-political messages during BTW, she became viewed as attention-seeking or a joke.

Hands up to the sky 🌧 I’ll be your galaxy 🌌

Kanye West
Just now, Metamorphosis said:

Yeah. During her peak in 2009-2011, Gaga was seen as a true visionary artist. I think people started getting turned off by her during the BTW era. Judas, the Jo Caldorone thing at the VMAs, and her intentionally "ugly" looks became too much for people. ARTPOP just sped up the process. 

The moment Born This Way (the single) came out, I knew that Gaga was going to decline in success. I remember posting that I thought it was the worst song she had released in her career on the old GGD forums when it came out. I was a huge Gaga fan back then as well. My opinion has changed since then, though I still don't like the song at all. The two songs she previewed were the best songs on the album; Scheisse and Government Hooker. The ugly looks were baffling as well as the rushed performance concepts. Everything (for the most part) was done well though.

The entire BTW era was quality, yet unappealing at the same time. Kind of like perfectly cooked broccoli. ARTPOP was broccoli past its sell by date.

KANYEWEST.COM

Jesse Pinkman
3 minutes ago, ARTPOPisaChoice said:

You're totally right. As soon as Gaga used her artistic platform to depict quasi-political messages during BTW, she became viewed as attention-seeking or a joke.

I think it all started with Alejandro. The song was a smash, but I remember people being turned off by the video because of its unapologetically gay content. That kinda stuff wasn't popular back then like it is now, which is partly due to artists like Gaga.

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman
5 minutes ago, Imperial POP said:

The moment Born This Way (the single) came out, I knew that Gaga was going to decline in success. I remember posting that I thought it was the worst song she had released in her career on the old GGD forums when it came out. I was a huge Gaga fan back then as well. My opinion has changed since then, though I still don't like the song at all. The two songs she previewed were the best songs on the album; Scheisse and Government Hooker. The ugly looks were baffling as well as the rushed performance concepts. Everything (for the most part) was done well though.

The entire BTW era was quality, yet unappealing at the same time. Kind of like perfectly cooked broccoli. ARTPOP was broccoli past its sell by date.

I've always said the BTW is the most messiest yet successful era I've seen. :air:

So much backlash and horrible moves, yet it was so successful and featured some of the best music and moments of her career. It was definitely an interesting era. I couldn't appreciate it until afterwards because sometimes it was all just too much for me..

It's science, bitch

gagzus
3 minutes ago, Imperial POP said:

for the most part the truth as of why gaga's art became non-accepted in the BTW era and afterwards is because;

1) she made a pro-equality song and [especially in america] homophobia and racism were (and still are) rife- amongst most of the public in every country actually so that played a MASSIVE part.

2) they realised she played them and used them just to get to a point of success any way she could so she could spread her message easier, and i'm sure she almost confirmed this in an interview once. The Fame & The Fame Monster will never happen again because they were an act she designed to get attention and success- something fans fail to realise, her true self is what we saw at her live shows and all the time from 2011 onwards.

3) her best work is from 2011 onwards because she made pop music with a real message and that was personal to her & the fans- it's a pity it seems like she's going to backtrack with LG5

Archived