💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Alex Smith opens up about SB Performance

Sakrai

Featured Posts

635905373074936402-20160207-pjc-se9-073.

http://www.lohud.com/story/life/2016/02/09/lady-gaga-super-bowl/80013826/

"Yorktown teacher performs with Lady Gaga"

"Practicing on a keyboard in his Los Angeles hotel room, Smith played the song blindfolded, at double speed and with as many other variations as he could think of to be prepared for the performance [...] "On Saturday, I literally played the song 70 times; it was just something where I wanted to make it a complete muscle memory thing," he said."

"...I knew she was going to knock it out of the park, so when I got to that confidence level where I felt like I knew this backward and forward, I knew it was going to be great," 

"The night before the performance, Smith was worried he'd be too nervous to sleep, "but I slept well and when we got to the stadium I just felt like ‘We’ve already won this,’" he said."

It's a great read, and he sounds like he really admires Gaga and recognises her genius. :applause:

Hopefully I can post this under News. I think it was incredibly brave of Mr. Alex Smith to stand in front of 111 million people and slay that piano performance. Specially because he ain't Lady Gaga but still had the courage to stand next to her knowing what was at stake... :applause: I'm glad he's getting that recognition as well.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Bradley

"Practicing on a keyboard in his Los Angeles hotel room, Smith played the song blindfolded, at double speed and with as many other variations as he could think of to be prepared for the performance

I'm so happy Gaga's pianist is that professional and hardworking :applause:

I think Gaga pays him a great fortune.

Bradley

He'll be back at Soundview Wednesday, where he helps various classes rehearse on a weekly basis. He described the school's musical director, Jesse Lewis, "as talented as a performer as he is a teacher" who "put together a really great program there. I’m blown away with some of the kids and their talent."

Imagine your teacher being Lady Gaga's personal pianist who played with her at the Superbowl :giveup:

2 minutes ago, Edward Hardy said:

He'll be back at Soundview Wednesday, where he helps various classes rehearse on a weekly basis. He described the school's musical director, Jesse Lewis, "as talented as a performer as he is a teacher" who "put together a really great program there. I’m blown away with some of the kids and their talent."

Imagine your teacher being Lady Gaga's personal pianist who played with her at the Superbowl :giveup:

"They were really excited about it. I think the kids love it with all the Gaga stuff. So whenever I’m out to do a Gaga show, they always want to know all the details. They always get a kick out of that stuff."

He goes back to class and spills that tea left and right to 7 yo kids and we're left with nothing :toofunny:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Bradley
Just now, Resquid said:

"They were really excited about it. I think the kids love it with all the Gaga stuff. So whenever I’m out to do a Gaga show, they always want to know all the details. They always get a kick out of that stuff."

He goes back to class and spills that tea left and right to 7 yo kids and we're left with nothing :toofunny:

I'd be constantly asking him about how Gaga smells, what she had for lunch, etc. :emma:

and of course, LG5 :hor:

12 minutes ago, Edward Hardy said:

"Practicing on a keyboard in his Los Angeles hotel room, Smith played the song blindfolded, at double speed and with as many other variations as he could think of to be prepared for the performance

I'm so happy Gaga's pianist is that professional and hardworking :applause:

I think Gaga pays him a great fortune.

And he's so humble (hate that word tho), he still teaches. I think we all know he's a great guy. Must be that kind that really likes to teach and doesn't like the spotlight very much.

Gaga being around the nicest people.

Bradley
Just now, Killa said:

And he's so humble (hate that word tho), he still teaches. I think we all know he's a great guy. Must be that kind that really likes to teach and doesn't like the spotlight very much.

Gaga being around the nicest people.

Why do you hate that word?

2 minutes ago, Edward Hardy said:

Why do you hate that word?

It's usually used to describe some fake honesty and a pretense you sell to the world. Well, not in this case, i believe.

RAMROD

Yesss! Hard work paid off, man!" :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley
1 minute ago, Killa said:

It's usually used to describe some fake honesty and a pretense you sell to the world. Well, not in this case, i believe.

Who have you been talking about? :emma: I don't see this word misused often, it's usually used to describe positive qualities of one person.

8 minutes ago, Edward Hardy said:

Who have you been talking about? :emma: I don't see this word misused often, it's usually used to describe positive qualities of one person.

"He humbled himself.", "I am humbled" (:emma:). Many times is a very convenient word to convey you're a goody. A word for people to believe in you and have respect. But there's much falseness about conveying emotions/feelings through speech.

One of my all time favorite poets used to say: "The poet is a pretender, pretends so completely, he even pretends the pain, the pain he really feels", Fernado Pessoa

Archived