💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga "Never give up"

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

I feel like its so easy to say things like, “never give” up after you have already made it, and have had opportunities and support from friends/family all along the way that many other people do not have.  To be massively successful you really need three things to fall in line perfectly. You need raw talent, work ethic, and luck/opportunities. A fourth can also be knowing what you want from a very early age. I’m sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who are just as talented and determined as Gaga, they just never had the opportunities that she has had. Gaga grew up in Manhattan and her parents are/were pretty wealthy. This means Gaga had access to the best education (regular school plus the Steinberg acting school, voice lessons, dance lessons, piano lessons, ect). She was given the tools to nurture her talents which gave her the opportunity to blossom into the person she is today. I also think that growing up so close to Broadway in such an inspiring city spurred her interests in music and theater.  She figured out she wanted a career in music as a young child which gave her a huge advantage over people who don’t figure out their passions until college or later.

I’m not trying to say Gaga doesn’t deserve the success she has had nor am I jealous of her or anything. I am also not saying that simply having opportunities will guarantee success. All three points have to be strong for success to happen, and 2/3 we cannot control. And there are some situations where massive natural talent overrides a lack of opportunities, but again we cannot control how much talent we are born with. Simply not giving up or following your dreams won’t cut it.

I do like it when Gaga is inspirational and I wouldn’t want her to stop motivating us. This is just what I think about when successful people say things like this. Does anyone feel me?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShockPop

"never give up" isn't "never give up trying to be a world famous pop legend", it applies to every goal.

Katie14
1 minute ago, ShockPop said:

"never give up" isn't "never give up trying to be a world famous pop legend", it applies to every goal.

I know and everything I said applies to any form of huge success.

SychosSoChic

You're probably going to dragged to Hell and back for this scorching hot tea.

But I feel you completely. 

Here's for Talent Winning and me getting my Gaga-scale opportunities before I have to resort to stripping and hooking to pay the rent :pray: 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Katie14
1 minute ago, SychosSoChic said:

You're probably going to dragged to Hell and back for this scorching hot tea.

But I feel you completely. 

Here's for Talent Winning and me getting my Gaga-scale opportunities before I have to resort to stripping and hooking to pay the rent :pray: 

I know haha. I'm ready! And good luck on your endeavors.

NewYorkCity

What? It is eassy to say once you have made it?

Gaga had chances, but she also lived situations where she could have gave up. And she never did.

She played hundreds of times in NYC bars, and people told her she wasn't what they were looking for. Did she give up? No, she kept fighting. She was fired from deft jam. Her music was rejected. She wrote tons of demos, and the industry said no. Did she give up? No, she keept writting until she came up with just dance. No one would play just dance on the radio. Did she give up? No, she went to clubs, ikea parkings, hundreds of citys, and then, almost a year later, the song cimbled. She had a couple of good years. Then the whole world turned their back on her. Did she give up? No, she re-built her image, and worked hard to get where she is today.

She has the right to tell that.

An advice is based on your own experience. She did never give up. She can say that to everyone.

SychosSoChic
1 minute ago, Katie14 said:

I know haha. I'm ready! And good luck on your endeavors.

Dankie xxx 

GUY didn't flop for my sins just for me to flop myself. 

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Andy McQueen

I've always observed that the most successful people are those that combine a certain baseline of intellectual intelligence, strong social/emotional intelligence, a propensity towards hard work, and strong ethics/values. Remove any of the first three legs of the stool, and the individual's overall success is compromised. Remove the last leg and the person may be successful, but usually won't be happy.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race...” ~ Calvin Coolidge

http://markmanson.net/passion

Evan Peters

i think it's funny when celebs who are only relevant because of their family name and nepotism say this. ironically enough, they end up being terrible at what they do.

i would agree that there's a lot of factors that play into how successful you become. 

emma roberts is an abuser

Katie14
1 minute ago, NewYorkCity said:

What? It is eassy to say once you have made it?

Gaga had chances, but she also lived situations where she could have gave up. And she never did.

She played hundreds of times in NYC bars, and people told her she wasn't what they were looking for. Did she give up? No, she kept fighting. She was fired from deft jam. Her music was rejected. She wrote tons of demos, and the industry said no. Did she give up? No, she keept writting until she came up with just dance. No one would play just dance on the radio. Did she give up? No, she went to clubs, ikea parkings, hundreds of citys, and then, almost a year later, the song cimbled. She had a couple of good years. Then the whole world turned their back on her. Did she give up? No, she re-built her image, and worked hard to get where she is today.

She has the right to tell that.

An advice is based on your own experience. She did never give up. She can say that to everyone.

I agree with you and I never said that Gaga doesn't have the right to say, "never give up". I actually said I like it when she motivates us. Gaga has had her struggles like anyone else who is successful. All I am saying is that Gaga has had opportunities, particularly as a child, that many of us can only dream of.

ShockPop
8 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I know and everything I said applies to any form of huge success.

What if the thing not being given up on isn't actually that huge?

Iwontell

Gaga has always maintained that...in 2013, when everything seemed to point to an early and unfairly imposed retirement (something I'm still waiting to see how the other girls would deal with), she pulled herself together and came back to a place I've never thought I'd see her again...and she had the money to retire, she didn't need the aggravation of dealing with the media and social media kunts, she could have just gone away and enjoyed her hundreds of millions of dollars...

And who's to say that she wouldn't still be going around, singing and dancing in small bars if The Fame didn't give her the visibility it did, doing it for the joy of it and keeping another job to pay her bills (I have friends like that)?

I get what you mean, it's all so unpredictable and it depends on a shitload of things (and many of them are completely uncontrollable) if you want to become "successful"...but it really starts with being adamant about what you want and love (and I'm not talking just Gaga here, almost all people I like as artists have had many difficulties and opportunities to give up)...and even if you love what you do and stick to it, there's always a big chance of things not working out, that's just the way it is...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Illuminati
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I agree with you that it's not as easy as they portray it once they achieve their goal and that certainly not everyone manages to reach theirs. But essentially they didn't give up, it's the key that helped Gaga to look for those opportunities, to manage her time in a certain way, attend these schools, etc.

Dominic

'Never give up' is such a generic quote that I can't take it seriously. 

She has better pieces of advice 'if you don't have any shadows,  you're not standing in the light'.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived