Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga's NA Appraised

BestFriend

Featured Posts

BestFriend

gaga-national-anthem-1454948827-article-

http://www.classicfm.com/music-news/videos/lady-gaga-superbowl/#qJkr4wi4UjlFFpVm.97

“There’s no doubt about it: Lady Gaga has a powerful, well-produced dramatic soprano voice, and admirable breath control, both of which were essential in the less-than-ideal surroundings of a giant stadium. 

Diction, intonation and sense of drama were all exemplary and the microphone – essential for the occasion – was used intelligently. Perhaps there was room for a slightly more restrained approach to embellishment of such an emotive melody – Gaga’s pauses for effect slowed the anthem down too much, sentimentalising it: she was lucky that her piano accompanist was so well-attuned to her spontaneous decorations. 

With the emotions reined in a bit and a stricter sense of tempo, this performance of America’s favourite patriotic song could have been even more effective. But she is a sincere and compelling artist.”

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

OMH YAAASS, now we're getting technical :gaycat:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Pierre

Another thread, another praise. 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

BestFriend
Just now, Pierre said:

Another thread, another praise. 

Is the news article that I posted not sufficiently different enough to warrant a separate thread? :noparty:

Pierre
1 minute ago, YASSS said:

Is the news article that I posted not sufficiently different enough to warrant a separate thread? :noparty:

No :laughga: That´s my GGD version of tumblr_inline_mzof6oOC9T1r7ni58.png

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

LeoFameMonster

the shade, I guess shes now the biggest star in the world again cause it is cool to hate on her..... GO gaga

"this performance of America’s favourite patriotic song could have been even more effective" RIP for those who think this article is praise lol

AnglerfishbraBENUS

She sang it at her own tempo... which is common in Jazz which is why her piano player was so  good at following her because isn't he part of the Brian Newman trio/quartet? 

BestFriend
Just now, Pierre said:

No :laughga: That´s my GGD version of tumblr_inline_mzof6oOC9T1r7ni58.png

You better clarify yourself like that, hon. You are forgiven.

:koons:

AnglerfishbraBENUS
3 minutes ago, Clip said:

So Gaga's vocal type

(Idk the right word) is soprano?

no she's an alto..perhaps a contralto...She's good at faking being a soprano though and has gotten a LOT better with her higher range.  Classification of voice type is based on where you sing most comfortably and where you can sing comfortably for longest.  So just because she can hit those notes does not mean she is a Soprano.  She's superior singing lower ;)

I love this kind of technical praise, because they turn into a fact and not a matter of opinion she owned the performance and deserves all the acclaim she gets.

Archived