Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Today Gaga cements herself as a legend

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

120 million viewers across the US + in reality more people watch it + fans/curious people around the rest of the world. The national anthem. All eyes and ears on her. She sings it perfectly and wins the heart of millions. Her performance is remembered for years to come.

She is a legend. "Lady Gaga can't sing" decreases dramatically across the Internet.

I'm probably way too excited but I think this is it you guys :giveup:

Today Gaga will finally become a legend in the eyes of the public:giveup: 

+ the Bowie tribute/Intel collab + Oscars 

It's just so much. All these years being a fan and it all amounts to this. I'm so proud. 

Proud-GIF.gif?gs=a

Weasel

Can somebody explain why this makes someone a legend. I've seen Kelly Clarkson and Christina do it and I don't consider them to be legends and I don't think they are classified by the GP as legends either :emma:

she doesn't even need a half-time show, at this point it's the Gagabowl :giveup: 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

Can somebody explain why this makes someone a legend. I've seen Kelly Clarkson and Christina do it and I don't consider them to be legends and I don't think they are classified by the GP as legends either :emma:

Kelly and Christina are nowhere near the status of Gaga + Christina screwed up. NO LEGEND FOR HER.

Mister Gaga
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

Although Kelly's performance was good, it wasn't anything new. I mean, kinda forgettable. And well, let's not talk about Legend X. Gaga's performance will be amazing :giveup: Whitney became a legend thanks to this performance :giveup:

Jesse Pinkman

Ita definitely a huge accomplishment, and she's gonna kill it. I think this is only a taste of what's to come, though.

It's science, bitch

LePetitGAGABLover
6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Beyonce became a goddess this day: 

Is it just me, or is her key too low for the anthem?

venusfly
7 minutes ago, Weasel said:

xtina sang the wrong lines, Kelly Clarkson wasn't anything special beforehand

Serendipity
1 minute ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Is it just me, or is her key is too low for the anthem?

lipped I think:emma:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

PopBitch
1 hour ago, Morphine Prince said:

120 million viewers across the US + in reality more people watch it + fans/curious people around the rest of the world. The national anthem. All eyes and ears on her. She sings it perfectly and wins the heart of millions. Her performance is remembered for years to come.

She is a legend. "Lady Gaga can't sing" decreases dramatically across the Internet.

I'm probably way too excited but I think this is it you guys :giveup:

Today Gaga will finally become a legend in the eyes of the public:giveup: 

+ the Bowie tribute/Intel collab + Oscars 

It's just so much. All these years being a fan and it all amounts to this. I'm so proud. 

Proud-GIF.gif?gs=a

I think the combo is a great thing and is making this a great run for Gaga and her singing talent.  But singing the National Anthem has been done by lots of others and it didn't make them legends.  Some already were legends or became legends because of their whole career, not one thing cementing it, and some still aren't even after singing great renditions.  Many great singers have done amazing tributes and National Anthems.  Some that come to mind are Jennifer Hudson, Christina Aguilera in her tributes.  They aren't legends because their own original body of work stagnated too soon..

If she nails it, the Bowie thing I think will be something talked about for the ages.

BUT a legend is someone who leaves their own body of tremendous work, like Bowie, The Beatles.  Gaga needs to really pull off this next album and quality songwriting to start cementing that because of the lackluster reception of ARTPOP.  Another lackluster album as far as critical reviews won't be good.  And going off and doing performances of music not her own won't make her a legend.  

All of these amazing performances will definitely be something that adds to her career as versatile and a mega talent, but, no, it doesn't "cement" herself as a legend.  I have faith her next album will be unique and back to the high quality Gaga is capable of as a songwriter and visionary musically.  I also have faith Gaga will get there.

Legends aren't called legends in their young career.  It happens over time when you can look back over their body or work and performances and career.   The word is used too loosely when talking about younger acts by young fans.  She's on her way with each building block she's laying in the building of her career legacy, but let's not jump the gun.

Archived