💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyoncé - Formation

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Whispering
On February 15, 2016 at 6:34 AM, VampireHeart said:

While this is a stupid statement on his part (you can't tell an artist what to "focus on" and plus it is beside the point), it is interesting that Kendrick actually brought this into his song on the same subject. Formation is a weaker, much weaker, version of Kendrick's The Blacker the Berry. That was a complex song with lyrics that make people think. 

I'm not dismissing Beyonce, I do think the Formation video was amazing! I wish the lyrics all the way through the song would have matched the video. Maybe she was scared to take it all the way, of maybe it is because rappers can get away with more??  

(Just a discussion on some random thoughts, Beyonce stans.) 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Whispering said:

While this is a stupid statement on his part (you can't tell an artist what to "focus on" and plus it is beside the point), it is interesting that Kendrick actually brought this into his song on the same subject. Formation is a weaker, much weaker, version of Kendrick's The Blacker the Berry. That was a complex song with lyrics that make people think. 

I'm not dismissing Beyonce, I do think the Formation video was amazing! I wish the lyrics all the way through the song would have matched the video. Maybe she was scared to take it all the way, of maybe it is because rappers can get away with more??  

(Just a discussion on some random thoughts, Beyonce stans.) 

Tbh I'm not her fan at all, I didn't like the lyrics much either because of all the "I slay" repetition and all the bragging (again). The parts about her "blackness" are the best ones. She needs better writers.

The video is good and the message is quite clear. I just think she was unfairly attacked for the video and performance on SB. She's not anti-white or anti-cop because of this song.

And I don't like how "black on black crime" is even mentioned so much by police and media, it sounds racist - as if, blacks have it in their genes you know?

You never hear about "white on white crimes" after mass shootings, whites don't have to "fix their community first". Both are just crimes, not racial crimes. It's just a way to distract from the racial profiling and police brutality. You don't expect to die in police custody for not paying a parking ticket. 

FreePalestine

• 2 months later...
Joaco95
On 5/2/2016 at 4:15 PM, LORD GAGA said:

Lol in reality Adele's album would eclipse anything Beyoncé would release... She's not doing anyone any favours lol

:toofunny:

Archived