Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Jess Glynne: New Cover released "If I Can't Have You"

Quasi

Featured Posts

Jess-Glynne-2015-press-image.jpg

JESS GLYNNE

This is the official thread for one of Britain's best singer/songwriters, Jess Glynne! I love her to bits and I thought one of best ways to show my appreciation for her and her music was to create this thread. Her debut album "I Cry When I Laugh" was released on August 21, 2015 and has already been certified 2x Platinum and has reached the top ten in several countries. It's one of the best albums I've heard thus far and is extremely positive and uplifting so I recommend everyone give it a listen. So without further ado, discuss anything you guys want here about this charming redhead!

Biography

Spoiler

Jessica Hannah "Jess" Gynne was born on October 20th, 1989 in Hampstead and raised in Muswell Hill, North London. She rose to prominence after featuring on Clean Bandit's single "Rather Be" and Route 94's "My Love", both of which reached number one on the UK Singles Chart in 2014. In 2015, she became the second female artist in Britain to have five number one singles in the UK which included the songs "Hold My Hand" and "Don't Be So Hard On Yourself". Her debut album "I Cry When I Laugh" was released on August 21, 2015 to positive commercial success, being certified 2x platinum and reaching top ten in the Republic of Ireland, Australia, Italy, and the Netherlands. Jess cites Frank Ocean, Amy Winehouse, and Whitney Houston among others as musical inspirations and influences.

-Wikipedia

Albums

Spoiler

I_Cry_When_I_Laugh.jpg

Songs

Spoiler

My personal favourites: Hold My Hand, Rather Be, It Ain't Right:sara:

If anyone has any important news they want added to the OP just tell me and I'll do my best to include it! :)

5WjKfYEfdtiE0.gif

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

KURUSHITOVSKA

LOVE HERRRRRRRRRR don't be so hard on yourself is MY JAM, I'll make a cover in the near future :) also Hold My Hand, Why Me, Right Here.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

19 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

LOVE HERRRRRRRRRR don't be so hard on yourself is MY JAM, I'll make a cover in the near future :) also Hold My Hand, Why Me, Right Here.

When you make a cover make sure to post it here as well!:nick:

Jess is currently touring the states! It's really interesting to see an up and coming singer work their way through the business because their events are so much more intimate and exclusive. I thought it was really interesting that in this performance, there are no barricades and nothing stopping her fans from coming up on stage. Then again in America she isn't as well known yet but it'll be cool to see this video once she becomes increasingly popular (which I believe will happen eventually). One thing I noticed about her is that while her voice is top notch at every performance, she should work on hyping up her audience a little bit more. If I was there I'd friggin jump for my life the moment the choruses comes in.:laughga:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Quasi

Gosh I friggin love her!

Has anyone had a chance to see her live? 

Spoiler

Or am I the only one in this thread? :neyde:

• 3 weeks later...
Quasi

I'm a bit behind on this release sorry. :neyde:

Everything Jess touches turns to gold seriously. :giveup:

If there's one good thing that happened in music (apart from Gaga's endeavors), it's that Jess Glynne popped into the music scene. With this cover and her remix on "Kill the Lights" , I'm hoping Jess is going for a disco sound for her next record. :excited2:

• 6 months later...
On 6/24/2016 at 11:46 PM, Quasi said:

I'm a bit behind on this release sorry. :neyde:

Everything Jess touches turns to gold seriously. :giveup:

If there's one good thing that happened in music (apart from Gaga's endeavors), it's that Jess Glynne popped into the music scene. With this cover and her remix on "Kill the Lights" , I'm hoping Jess is going for a disco sound for her next record. :excited2:

This was beautiful. Her voice is just so velvety. Gonna have to look her up now :sara:

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

Archived