Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Elton's opinion on ARTPOP is no surprise

lucastecala

Featured Posts

lucastecala

In my opinion the way that Elton spoke about ARTPOP comes as no surprise. I WORSHIP Elton, his an absolute legend and king, and I have great respect for anything that comes out of his mouth, but he has always been known for having strong opinions and for speaking his mind bluntly and sometimes disastrously and in an unnecessarily agressive way. Don't you remember the whole Madonna/Elton field, when he and his husband simply threw a major shade on her just because he lost the Golden Globe for her song? They had to publicly and privately apologize to her and she was very magnanimous and accepted their apology. Also, by hearing his interview I have to say I'm a little disappointed. When asked who he thought, from the current pop scenario, would go on to have a long and successful career like his, he only mentioned some obvious chart toppers, like Taylor Swift, Adele and Justin Bieber (he did not mention Gaga, at least I didn't hear it) and he proved to be kind of a chart sucker. He keeps track of all the sales numbers from the artists and really uses that as a reference. I really think that charts are misleading indications sometimes, and that some chart toppers more often than not prove themselves unable to continue relevant on the long run.Take Britney for example, who despite her amazing career, and legendary chart records, has been unable to evolve musically speaking and whose two last albuns failed to mantain her chart topper status. What do you think about it?    

Bradley

Actually Femme Fatale did pretty well. Hold It Agasint Me was #1 while Till The World Ends and I Wanna Go charted pretty well too.

Jesse Pinkman

Maybe because Taylor, Justin, and Adele all released music last year. Elton loves Gaga, he just speaks his mind. Lawd y'all are trying to make him out to be the next Perez and it ain't that serious. He's always been a shady queen from what I've heard so its whatever.

It's science, bitch

I think his comment was warranted and, despite the prevailing rhetoric on this site, one that most Gaga fans agree with. I've never read such honest truth tea being spilled all over the place.  

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

eifulien

Well, I don't know why you focus so much on his words. I know we all are thirsty for info about the new music but the main thread about what he said gave me a headache.

And like half of your post could be applied about Gaga as well. This part: 

I really think that charts are misleading indications sometimes, and that some chart toppers more often than not prove themselves unable to continue relevant on the long run.

We don't know how LG5 will go either. Many people here believed ARTPOP to be the saviour after the "distastrous'' Born This Way and look how it went. It's really the music that matters. And stop reading into it as the cliché it is and add music not the bling stuff. If you like the music then f*ck the rest. Sometimes you don't need to have a very clear reason as to why you dislike or like something. If you do - enjoy it, if not - well on the Internet it's impossible, but try to ignore it.

Also, I wonder why sa many fans were somewhat butthurt by his comments on ARTPOP (and that is coming from an ARTPOP stan). Everyone can have an opinion. Someone else's perception and opinion doesn't influence mine. Be it a fan, the GP, a mega star like Elthon or Gaga herself. 

JazzGa

Gaga fans love to blow any non-praise way out of proportion, like the whole thing with Linda Perry which was probably intended as a no-tea-no-shade but we ran so far with it as to even say she was intentionally sabotaging Gaga's Oscar chances! Same thing with Elton's comments. He is her friend and a fellow more experienced musician. He doesn't need to lick her butt constantly, he can state his real professional opinion of her work and still love and care about her. Elton didn't even hate ARTPOP, he sung the title track with her on the Muppets special for Satan's sake. :flop: 

ARTPOP had some integral shortcomings that none of her other records had- primarily trying to hop on the trap/Edm trends 1.5 years too late, and writing songs over pre-made beats. I also thought the collaborations were extremely inauthentic, as if gaga is going to have a lasting artistic relationship with TI, Twista, R. Kelly, or even Zedd... :saladga: That's what makes ARTPOP a lessor record than her others. Even though I personally love every song on the record and her so-called "low points" (sxsw, crazier than ever fashion, guy video) were some of my fave moments of her career, objectively you have to admit those three things (trend hopping, pre-made beats, inauthentic collabs) made ARTPOP a lessor record than what we know Gaga is capable of,

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

eifulien
1 minute ago, Sinsemilla said:

Gaga fans love to blow any non-praise way out of proportion, like the whole thing with Linda Perry which was probably intended as a no-tea-no-shade but we ran so far with it as to even say she was intentionally sabotaging Gaga's Oscar chances! Same thing with Elton's comments. He is her friend and a fellow more experienced musician. He doesn't need to lick her butt constantly, he can state his real professional opinion of her work and still love and care about her. Elton didn't even hate ARTPOP, he sung the title track with her on the Muppets special for Satan's sake. :flop: ARTPOP had some integral shortcomings that none of her other records had- primarily trying to hop on the trap/Edm trends 1.5 years too late, and writing songs over pre-made beats. I also thought the collaborations were extremely inauthentic, as if gaga is going to have a lasting artistic relationship with TI, Twista, R. Kelly, or even Zedd... :roll: That's what makes ARTPOP a lessor record than her others. Even though I personally love every song on the record and her "low points" (sxsw, crazier than ever fashion, guy video) were some of my fave moments of her career, objectively you have to admit those three things (trend hopping, pre-made beats, inauthentic collabs) made ARTPOP a lessor record than what we know Gaga is capable of,

This is so true. Just looking at the top threads weekly - you will see the most opinions on something negative. I hate that people want to feed it and give it a bigger voice and actually make it worse. Sometimes GGD seems like on the quest for the next scandal. Someone says something - and then baam 30 pages. The Elthon thread has like 5 posts with discussion on LG5 and 15 pages on ARTPOP. There was also another LG5 return to quality or sth by Didy - again - ARTPOP stuff. Then the Linda thing - everyone was with a kinfe and ready to kill. As a fanbase we are just terrible at taking criticism. :wtf:

6 minutes ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

We don't know how LG5 will go either. Many people here believed ARTPOP to be the saviour after the "distastrous'' Born This Way and look how it went. It's really the music that matters. And stop reading into it as the cliché it is and add music not the bling stuff. If you like the music then f*ck the rest. Sometimes you don't need to have a very clear reason as to why you dislike or like something. If you do - enjoy it, if not - well on the Internet it's impossible, but try to ignore it.

We do know how LG5 will go.

It will be the album of the decade.

The biggest comeback of the 2010's.

It will produce a tour so epic it will be a life-changing experience for everyone who is blessed enough to be able to buy a ticket.

I mean, isn't it obvious?

2prvb07.jpg

Dominic

His comments reflect what a majority of GGD and the GP have said over the years.  I don't understand why people would take offense.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

eifulien
Just now, Creyk said:

We do know how LG5 will go.

It will be the album of the decade.

The biggest comeback of the 2010's.

It will produce a tour so epic it will be a life-changing experience for everyone who is blessed enough to be able to buy a ticket.

I mean, isn't it obvious?

2prvb07.jpg

:toofunny::toofunny: Honey, that's what I'm talking about! :hor: 

Like of course I'll be jumping if this comes true and LG5 goes that way. I wish for it. But even if it doesn't it shouldn't influence our perception of the music. :hor:

And the more obvious it becomes to our pitiful members here, the more I'd pray it does become true cause boy, no one would be ready for the meltdowns. :emma:

lucastecala

Just to be clear: I'm not upset by Elton's opinion. Though I quite like ARTPOP I really understand his point of view. The important was: Being a fan of his I was disappointed by how much importance he lends to chart positions. That's all. I barely even mentioned his comments on Gaga, only saying that it was no surprise actually because he always speaks bluntly. NO one is blowing anything out of proportion!

Andreyw
10 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

His comments reflect what a majority of GGD and the GP have said over the years.  I don't understand why people would take offense.  

because I'm not part of it :green:

Elton is basically a 68-year-old GGD member

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Born Brave
16 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

Just to be clear: I'm not upset by Elton's opinion. Though I quite like ARTPOP I really understand his point of view. The important was: Being a fan of his I was disappointed by how much importance he lends to chart positions. That's all. I barely even mentioned his comments on Gaga, only saying that it was no surprise actually because he always speaks bluntly. NO one is blowing anything out of proportion!

I agree with you. And personally Elton's opinion is worth more than most artists... he has been doing this a long time and for him to say that about his own children's Godmother's album, he must truly mean it. I doubt teenagers on a fan site know better than a music legend. He has the right to say what he wants from a colleague standpoint. 

Archived