đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Elton John says ARTPOP wasn't a good album/idea... thoughts?

StarstruckIllusion

What do y'all think.   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Is he right?

• Tbh Elton spill the tea
    • Wtf is Elton doing

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

In his latest interview w/ AppleMusic, he says that ARTPOP was be a good album or idea, and he even said he thinks Gaga is ready to admit that, and how they're going back to safer routes now. I'm not asking if you think ARTPOP is trash or not, but how do you feel about what he said? 

His exact quote:

CZIZXAbWwAAvjiS.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mobster

I honestly don't feel anything about what he said. He referred to Bad Romance as a "Bruce Springsteen ballad", so I don't think he listens to Gaga's music, unless it's for a Muppet Specials performance.

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Jesse Pinkman

Comapared to her previous records, which are masterpieces ARTPOP is the weakest of the bunch. But I don't believe the album is that bad. I really do enjoy some of the music on the album, but overall it isn't her best body of work.

It's science, bitch

EssenceOfPop

It honestly kinda splintered me. Like ELTON of all people... I thought he understood the artistic message she was trying to get through to the masses. But promotion wise, if of course THAT is what he is referencing, then well, we all get that part, even Gaga herself.

And honestly the way he is describing the new record, LG5 looks as though its going to be a ballad-oriented hardcore album.

Through the fire; we're born again.

Kermit

Didn't stop him from performing ARTPOP with Gaga though...

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Chris Evans

I still think it's a good album especially in comparison to the other pop releases it was simply badly executed by her manager who no longer cared/ some people in her team who only cared about the money

If he doesn't like it he doesn't like it, who cares lol. He is clearly very honest with Gaga and if she didn't like that she wouldn't be as close to him as she is. We don't always need to jump to Gaga's defence. He is Gaga's friend, let her fight this one if she feels the need to.

before anyone attacks,

Elton unlike MANY others , always comes from a place of love.... he has been by her side since day 1.... shes the godmother of his children. His opinion certainly matters.

It was not terrible at all, it deserved lots of merit. The events that led up to its sub par quality which Gaga had intended..... is a whole different matter.

Sizzily

Does it really matter? We know he loves Gaga so there's not any hate behind it. And she has been shady towards it as well. Do we even now if she actually likes it?

But I did love ARTPOP.

One Banned Boi

Dangerous Man

Well, it's only her pop album below 70 on metacritic, no grammy nomination, and her least selling pop album to date. Elton is just stating a popular opinion about ARTPOP. But whatever, i am still enjoying the album.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Brainiac

If you listen to all four albums in a row it is clear that ARTPOP is the weakest. It's not bad by any means though. I love all of Gaga's albums.

Archived