💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Elton John says ARTPOP wasn't a good album/idea... thoughts?

StarstruckIllusion

What do y'all think.   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Is he right?

• Tbh Elton spill the tea
    • Wtf is Elton doing

Featured Posts

I really like it and Elton probably wasn't trying to be mean, he just puts things extremely bluntly and it comes off as rude a lot

He/They

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good Meets Bad

Cheek To Cheek was successful but ARTPOP Was A bad idea ARTPOP sold more copies then cheek to cheek & gross way more money in tour than cheek to cheek it wasn't successful as previously albums but it sold really well to be consider successful I think the album is magnificent 

7 hours ago, Brainiac said:

If you listen to all four albums in a row it is clear that ARTPOP is the weakest. It's not bad by any means though. I love all of Gaga's albums.

A good way to put it. It's no new news that ARTPOP is her weakest album.

However, I can't believe he said that. Sure, they probably talked about it in private, but this shouldn't have been said publicly. It's just rude, and makes people think its okay to talk down on ARTPOP when really.. its not. ARTPOP was critical for Gaga to make, and is a really self reflecting album. I think she would still be in a bad place had she not made it. I'm just kind of in shock Elton said that, then said 'shes my children's godmother blahblahblah i love her.' it was very backhanded and very weird. 

omg why is princess is princess high my new nickname

Good Meets Bad
12 minutes ago, uvglo said:

A good way to put it. It's no new news that ARTPOP is her weakest album.

However, I can't believe he said that. Sure, they probably talked about it in private, but this shouldn't have been said publicly. It's just rude, and makes people think its okay to talk down on ARTPOP when really.. its not. ARTPOP was critical for Gaga to make, and is a really self reflecting album. I think she would still be in a bad place had she not made it. I'm just kind of in shock Elton said that, then said 'shes my children's godmother blahblahblah i love her.' it was very backhanded and very weird. 

To me every GaGa album is different in it's own way the fame is full of fame addiction the fame monster takes you on a dark fantasy & born this way is a liberation of freedom being able to be yourself without being judge than you got ARTPOP which is how she can't live if she's not with her fans giving you the real her being a feminist not caring what anyone says about her IMO ARTPOP Had a lot of personal pain on it & I totally get where she was going with the album with the media the media can be so crucial if an Artist release something they're not into or not feeling they bash it call it a flop but the bad songs gets positive response the media called ARTPOP a flop because it didn't have any #1 singles not every song you release going straight to #1 or will make to #1 but longs as it become a top ten hit 

Elton is telling the truth , we all know Gaga did feel herself when creating ARTPOP , because most of the creative output was done for her before even putting the album together , gaga usually writes her music on piano and then turns them into these big pop songs we all know and love , for ARTPOP there were songs where the beat already existed (MJH , Donatella , etc) Elton has said nothing but the truth , you all need to grow up and stop being so idiotic against a man who's had a career spanning a length only gaga could wish for. 

He also doesn't mention Tihty or the emotion revolution summit as good things Gaga did in 2015. For me this is much more interesting than the things he mentions. Too just bluntly say ARTPOP was a bad carreer decision it is really saying too not just gaga but everyone else there is no room for art in pop in music. I do think that you and i is a good track though but probably it goes over his head. bad romance seems unproductive lyrically to be calling better than ARTPOP. really i find it absurd thing to say ARTPOP is music it is art it is pop and perfectly good carreer move to be adventurous and expressive. This is exactly what is needed not lullabys to sleep while there is disaster going on.

I don't think he spilt any tea since we all know ARTPOP was a bad album in terms of promo, execution and performance. Gaga herself knows it so there's no tea spilt, just facts told.

Archived