If ARTPOP had sold 8M records

chromaticka

Featured Posts

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PunkTheFunk
1 minute ago, deeman said:

ARTPOP didn't flop tho. see premise ARTPOP flopped. flopped didn't sell but it was one of the best selling albums of 2013 so your just chatting rubbish besides which some of the best music sells a lot less than ARTPOP and sales are no gauge of quality when the media can choose what too promote based on political bent i.e. pro cosumeroid destructive abusive city/ farm war rape filth cars traffic heartbreak sickness etc.

Haha, I was literally debating whether or not I should put 'flopped' in quotation marks to avoid a reply like this. :derpga:

Anyway, yes, you're right, ARTPOP was by no means a "flop" because it sold millions of copies and was on many year-end lists, etc., but you can't deny that it was a flop by Gaga's standards. The album might have been "good" and it might have turned me into a stan but I still acknowledge that it lacked clarity and was a bit all over the place and I know Gaga could've done way better under better circumstances.

And you don't have to tell me that sales aren't a gauge of quality; most of my favorite albums have probably only sold like, 5 copies in a good week.

XoXoJoanneGaga

She said herself in a recent interview that if the era had been a success she'd likely have been unable to clean house and get **** together. In a perfect world, things would have never veered off track in the first place. But since they did, the album/era not going well was for the best.

12 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Haha, I was literally debating whether or not I should put 'flopped' in quotation you can't deny that it was a flop by Gaga's standards.

I find the language really quite absurd to be honest. i could go and rob an old lady or become a crack dealer and then i would be a success according to this theory of money = success.

Jesse Pinkman
4 hours ago, Creyk said:

She only did C2C to repair her image, if AP was a success there wouldn't be an image fix needed in the first place. I doubt she would have quit the pop scene if she kept slaying it.

C2C has been in the works since 2011.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lady-gaga-and-tony-bennett-plan-jazz-album-together-20120928

It's science, bitch

Jesse Pinkman
5 hours ago, chicagomonster said:

I don't know. I think she still would have done C2C, because ARTPOP was rushed and that drama with her management happened and I think she need C2C to like, creatively reset. But she probably would have had a bigger tour maybe? idk.

You're right.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/lady-gaga-and-tony-bennett-plan-jazz-album-together-20120928

It's science, bitch

ARTPOP (if we keep the same songs + the same singles + the same music videos - all the bad management)ย ย would have never sold 8M because it simply wasn't that good, it didn't answer the GP's desire musically speaking,ย on the contrary it added up to a suffocating imagery for Gaga at that point in her career.ย 

7 minutes ago, CallMe said:

it added up to a suffocating imagery for Gaga at that point in her career.ย 

what is suffocating about it?

what is suffocating about it?

It was too much, ARTPOP was the cherry on the cake, the GP couldn't handle so much more eccentricity after having Adele, ARTPOP made it feel like it was so much it killed the love of the public for Gaga's imagery.ย 

PunkTheFunk
23 minutes ago, deeman said:

I find the language really quite absurd to be honest. i could go and rob an old lady or become a crack dealer and then i would be a success according to this theory of money = success.

Sis in the world of pop music, money = commercial success. Gaga is a pop star. At the end of the day, her commercial success depends on how much money she makes, which is determined by how many albums she sells. If she doesn't sell albums, then she isn't a commercially successful pop act. That's just the way it is sweetie.

tumblr_mda2clHDNv1rqnoczo1_400.gif

1 minute ago, CallMe said:

It was too much, ARTPOP was the cherry on the cake, the GP couldn't handle so much more eccentricity after having Adele, ARTPOP made it feel like it was so much it killed the love of the public for Gaga's imagery.ย 

what was eccentric about ARTPOP and how many people heard about it?

ย 

Just now, PunkTheFunk said:

Sis in the world of pop music, money = commercial success. Gaga is a pop star. At the end of the day, her commercial success depends on how much money she makes, which is determined by how many albums she sells.

This is a fan site right not the shareholders conference?

PunkTheFunk

This is a fan site right not the shareholders conference?

I think I've burned a hundred calories trying to debate with you. This shareholder's conference is adjourned. I'm out

giphy.gif

Archived