💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Times when Gaga's career was destroyed (according to GGD)

Red

Featured Posts

BestFriend
2 minutes ago, Red said:

UGHHHHH when people whine "oh why did Gaga did not go to space? boo hoo another ARTPOP broken promise" like, PEOPLE DIED

tumblr_nzhwzvYGGn1r3fv6wo1_540.gif

(I don't really know if you are really talking about Gaga in space or you are talking about Venus but I needed to get it out)

I was referring to Venus. The song's intro is stuck in my head for days now. Haha

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yASSsss
1 hour ago, jasperhallo said:

That gif, still acting like she's in kindergarten.  :sick: 

yas,expose ha.i always use this gif when i'm talking about Katy..its so fun to use

lou28bN.gif

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

On 1/19/2016 at 2:12 AM, Red said:

Critics paid more attention to the title of the album and its flop concept than the music. ARTPOP isn't bad, it is a very good album, it is that bullshit concept that ruined everything. 

inb4 it turns into Gaga's own Blackout (the one Britney album that got bad press and then slayed a decade later) :sara: 

freebit

I had my first personal meltdown on here when she performed Venus/DWUW on X-Factor UK. I didn't think her career was over, but that was the point where I came out of my denial that the era wasn't going terribly and I was actually worried about her. She seemed so physically tired, and her whole vibe just seemed off, and just....un Gaga-like. It reminded me of how I felt when Britney performed Gimme More at the VMAs. 

2 minutes ago, freebit said:

I had my first personal meltdown on here when she performed Venus/DWUW on X-Factor UK. I didn't think her career was over, but that was the point where I came out of my denial that the era wasn't going terribly and I was actually worried about her. She seemed so physically tired, and her whole vibe just seemed off, and just....un Gaga-like. It reminded me of how I felt when Britney performed Gimme More at the VMAs. 

Of course, it was clear that she was meant to perform just Venus and DWUW fell from the sky

eifulien
23 hours ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

Destroyed her career outside of this fan base? 

Alejandro music video started it 

BTW as a whole finished it

AP didn't destroy her career, it just came after BTW which ultimately destroyed her for the GP

Okay please, tell me more about it cause I wasn't here at that period I just can't wrap my head around the Alejandro and Judas thing. And you are not the first one to mention it. It was very common to read similar comments back when I was lurking in early 2014.

Why would Alejandro affect her badly? It's her biggest hit in Europe. Judas, at least in my country was overplayed. It's definitely her biggest hit from BTW era, and yet many deem them as career destroying, let's say. Is it because of the religious content? Alejandro-BTW-Judas 3 consecutive singles that were somewhat related to Christianity and morals, is this the problem? :wtf:

I don't remember having a true meltdown. The closest one is slowly realising that Act II will never happen, but that was a staged meltdown. :yay: 

As a casual fan I was upset with TEOG video when it came out. And two minor meltdowns for me were waiting for DWUW video, and what we got was Gaga disappearing for 3 months without news. And the other one - when GUY video came out - 11 minutes - I thought we'd have a full Venus and GUY videos. Like when it started at the gate I jumped out of my chair and then the abrupt end of the song after the first chorus - I couldn't believe it. (still better than the MANiCURE part) :derpga:

PMKKARDASHiAN
1 hour ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Okay please, tell me more about it cause I wasn't here at that period I just can't wrap my head around the Alejandro and Judas thing. And you are not the first one to mention it. It was very common to read similar comments back when I was lurking in early 2014.

Why would Alejandro affect her badly? It's her biggest hit in Europe. Judas, at least in my country was overplayed. It's definitely her biggest hit from BTW era, and yet many deem them as career destroying, let's say. Is it because of the religious content? Alejandro-BTW-Judas 3 consecutive singles that were somewhat related to Christianity and morals, is this the problem? :wtf:

I don't remember having a true meltdown. The closest one is slowly realising that Act II will never happen, but that was a staged meltdown. :yay: 

As a casual fan I was upset with TEOG video when it came out. And two minor meltdowns for me were waiting for DWUW video, and what we got was Gaga disappearing for 3 months without news. And the other one - when GUY video came out - 11 minutes - I thought we'd have a full Venus and GUY videos. Like when it started at the gate I jumped out of my chair and then the abrupt end of the song after the first chorus - I couldn't believe it. (still better than the MANiCURE part) :derpga:

I haven't polled en extensive group about it, but I was lurking here during the time, and just listening to what friends thought and casual listeners, and while alejandro as a song was successful, the video left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. The religious aspects of it: gaga devouring a crucifix, the upside cross on her vagina weren't appreciated, the white latex outfit which look almost nun like was an issue, then to add to it, the homoerotic nature of the video, the what can be precieved as nazi influences (the dancers, hairstyles, opening) were polarizing, and gaga didn't look well, she was so thin, and pale (run ragged from TMB) and people once again drew madonna comparisons. Alejandro was the beginning of her decline (even tho I love the song and video, this is only what I gathered from what I was told, the conversations I had, and the opinions expressed at the time). 

Then BTW (single) came out, and it was immediately linked with homosexuality (even tho it was about acceptance of everyone) and this turned off a lot of casual, straight, or conservitive listeners. The song itself was not good (again, just my opinion and observations) and resembled too much of a madonna song (at this point, the madonna gaga comparisons had been going on for years, but this was the peak of it). Then judas was released I believe during or around easter, and, as religion is a huge thing in America, people were outraged that not only was a song released about the man who betrayed jesus, but it almost seemed to be glorifying him (people were too offended by the literal to even understand let alone care about the metaphorical). This is when I kinda tuned out of gaga and the BTW era, so anything really beyond this I didn't care to discuss (I still watched the videos for Y&I, MTN and TEOG) but it almost seemed like the GP had turned their backs on gaga, be it her imagery was too much, her content wasn't to their liking, or she was just over saturated, and it's been an uphill battle for her ever since. 

Hope that kinda answered your questions :happy:

ARTPOPNick

Well they didn't destroy her career, but some of them damaged her image/career even more than The Countess by Liz and Iris in AHS..

Archived