đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why do people keep resenting Gaga?

lucastecala

Featured Posts

lucastecala

Reading the essay written by a woman who had studied at NYU in the same time Gaga did, and who told the story of how Stefani was bullied because of her dreams of becoming a super star, got me thinking. The woman says that there was even a facebook group titled "Stefani Germanotta, you will never be famous!", where people gathered together just to hate on Stefani e where they would call her things like "attention *****" or worse. The woman finished by thanking Stefani for always having thought she would be a superstar and it is a really inspiring text. It got me thinking, though: throughout her career Gaga continues to arouse this exact same feeling on people. Everytime she dares to rise, once again, above the preconceptions people have established about her  for what a popsinger should look and act like we have to deal with another round of "who does she think she is?". It was like this then, when she did not shy away from admitting she wanted to be famous, it was like this with the jazz album, it is like this now with the acting career and probably will be the same way with the forthcoming album. I can't help but feel that what people really hate is seeing someone so sure of their vision about themselves, they resent those people because they remind them that they don't have that same strength. In other words: spite. Why do you think (some) people keep resenting Gaga and make such a point in being haters, even though she keeps proving them wrong every single time?

VANTABLACK

Bigger the star,bigger the target . When gaga dies one day these people are going to remember and realize what an icon she was.:koons:

HEARTHUNTER

I share your opinion on this. I don't want to bash people in the air but the best thing to do for her is to continue breaking her limits, do what she does best and ignore all of them. Paying attention to haters is just giving them more food to eat. Gaga will just inspire those who share her strength and one day, those who hate her will be overwhelled by similar people. The strength of karma :)

Lion Heart

They're just pressed. 

U6GEdBE.gif

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

mariomania1234

What legend hasn't had leagues of detractors and haters? 

In the words of MJ: "The bigger the star, the bigger the target".

She'd be doing something wrong if everyone loved her.

3 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

What legend hasn't had leagues of detractors and haters? 

In the words of MJ: "The bigger the star, the bigger the target".

She'd be doing something wrong if everyone loved her.

Stevie Wonder?

Lady Gaga wrote this in one of her college essays I think:

"When we view something contrary to custom we assign them a monstrous quality.[9]We infer based on something’s lack of ordinariness that it is disgusting or somehow linked to something inhumane, in some cases one might say uncivilized. In light of Montaigne’s theory, that we assign the unordinary with a monstrous condition, we can see the viewpoint from which art critics, the government, and the public, condemn Spencer Tunick’s work with naked bodies. Because it is not socially ordinary; it is irregular to see that many nudes amassed at one time, the art possesses a grotesque quality for the viewer."

Based on my personal experience of being a misfit, I think it's because in various social circles, there are lots of myths and lies that circulate about other social circles in order to preserve their own understanding of reality. Jumping from one to another I'm able to see a wider picture of how things actually work, but it's difficult for me to harmonize aspects sometimes of various groups and form an identity that is consistent with my core values, and I experience a kind of dissonance or neurosis that is often interpreted by various groups as qualities of the other, and I come under fire, feeling sometimes like I live in a no man's land.

Something I've learnt is that there is no us and them, and that it all comes down to perspective at the end of the day. Deriving self worth not from reactions in the external world, but being at peace with your internal one? Something like that.

Edit: So to answer your question, I think it's because those people that criticized her have a different world view that they've cultivated throughout their lives, and because Lady gaga, despite having already accomplished so much, hasn't sunk her teeth into the really difficult and dark aspects of our social reality and popular culture just yet, so she appears as something unknown to ordinary people? That's how I understand it.

And I mean, people get really impatient, and that's because they aren't at peace with themselves, and that's because they're trapped in cycles they don't understand, cycles or positions that they feel trapped in that continually drain them of energy and happiness. So they look at someone like lady gaga and because of their own personal prejudices, they get really.. um, seething? Because she reminds them of themselves? Because they refuse to help themselves and they think she's mocking them, but really she's just showing them a mirror reflection? Maybe, maybe not.

blog290609_gaga.jpg

PartySick
7 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

I can't help but feel that what people really hate is seeing someone so sure of their vision about themselves, they resent those people because they remind them that they don't have that same strength. In other words: spite.

There you go.

When people can't stand to see someone else shine brighter than they are, they have to drag them down. Thankfully Gaga's past the point of paying attention to the worms in the soil because she's so focused on what's ahead and sure of herself. Those worms just get trampled under foot-high heels.

đź–¤

I wonder how those people at NYU who bullied her feel now, since she is pretty much the most famous musician in the  world now

tumblr_m81dliLd5k1rxevt5o1_500.gif

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

lucastecala
5 minutes ago, v1br4ti0nz said:

Lady Gaga wrote this in one of her college essays I think:

"When we view something contrary to custom we assign them a monstrous quality.[9]We infer based on something’s lack of ordinariness that it is disgusting or somehow linked to something inhumane, in some cases one might say uncivilized. In light of Montaigne’s theory, that we assign the unordinary with a monstrous condition, we can see the viewpoint from which art critics, the government, and the public, condemn Spencer Tunick’s work with naked bodies. Because it is not socially ordinary; it is irregular to see that many nudes amassed at one time, the art possesses a grotesque quality for the viewer."

Based on my personal experience of being a misfit, I think it's because in various social circles, there are lots of myths and lies that circulate about other social circles in order to preserve their own understanding of reality. Jumping from one to another I'm able to see a wider picture of how things actually work, but it's difficult for me to harmonize aspects sometimes of various groups and form an identity that is consistent with my core values, and I experience a kind of dissonance or neurosis that is often interpreted by various groups as qualities of the other, and I come under fire, feeling sometimes like I live in a no man's land.

Something I've learnt is that there is no us and them, and that it all comes down to perspective at the end of the day. Deriving self worth not from reactions in the external world, but being at peace with your internal one? Something like that.

Wow exactly my point, and also, your experiences resemble a lot my own. We should sit down and have a proper chat about it one of these days. 

4 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

Wow exactly my point, and also, your experiences resemble a lot my own. We should sit down and have a proper chat about it one of these days. 

tumblr_n2ro1k16aU1rolupgo1_250.jpg

PunkTheFunk
52 minutes ago, pepsicoladew said:

Bigger the star,bigger the target . When gaga dies one day these people are going to remember and realize what an icon she was.:koons:

I was thinking the other day, if she had died at the height of her fame (somewhere between TFM and BTW) it would have cemented her status as a music legend, up there with Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Elvis, etc. (I mean, she's going to be a music legend anyway, but people would have realized it sooner.)

Archived