And offer blood sacrifices :green: who volunteers? :green:

I could fill an empty bag of blood. :green:

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

And offer blood sacrifices :green: who volunteers? :green:

Most women have made blood sacrifices for a certain period each month to make this happen

now they sittin around like

66024572.jpg

buy bionic

That's great :) But I don't want to jinx it or get my hopes up incase she doesn't get it. They might not go with the obvious choice on purpose.

LePetitGAGABLover
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's great :) But I don't want to jinx it or get my hopes up incase she doesn't get it. They might not go with the obvious choice on purpose.

But wouldn't the obvious choice be Sam Smith:stalkga:

OmgSum1Actually

I have a feeling that she will release her lead single in March after February slayage

Shameless selfpromo

StrawberryBlond

I really didn't think she'd be the favourite going in but now...she pretty much stands the highest chance. The only thing that the song doesn't have going for it is tons of views (but 23 million+ views and nearly 400k likes is amazing considering it wasn't promoted) but in the grand scheme of things, it stands the biggest chance. Here's why the others stand a much lower chance...

Earned It, good as it is, doesn't stand a chance. Why? Because it's from 50 Shades. That film had largely negative reception before it was even released and the entire thing has just been a running joke for months, even for the fans. It just got nominated for 6 Razzies last night, which is the joint top position of most Razzies this year. It might not win them all but it's definitely going to get one or two. The Oscars have never let something win that was also nominated for/won a Razzie. They've had actors who got nominated for/won an Oscar and a Razzie (Sandra Bullock managed both in the same year) but it's always for different films. There has never been someone that was nominated for/won an Oscar and a Razzie for the same film. The Oscars have a reputation to uphold and if they start doing stuff like this, they'll be a laughing stock. Considering all this, any song from that franchise was lucky to even get a nomination.

Writing's On The Wall is good but not as good as previous Bond themes. Its had very mixed reception with many people saying that Sam was the wrong artist to handle the track and that the lyrics weren't very Bond-ish. Skyfall won for Best Song in 2013 but it was a much greater success and got acclaim. The chances of another theme winning a mere 3 years later is very small. Also, the Ocars are famous for not connecting with the Bond franchise. Despite all the success and legendary status it has receieved for decades, barely anything from it has ever been nominated for Oscars, much less won. The Oscars are notorious for snubbing series-based films (Lord of The Rings that one big exception), no matter how good they are. I mean, J-Law's been nominated for so many Oscars already and won at such a young age but despite this, she has never been nominated for Best Actress for The Hunger Games franchise even though her acting has been praised by critics in these films. The Oscars just prefer stand-alone films and if you're series based, it's like they can't be bothered keeping up. Skyfall was the first Bond theme in a long time to gain huge success and acclaim...there's no way the very next theme was going to live up to that. And the Oscars isn't going to let a second-rate theme win after the last one was so beloved.

I'll put Manta Ray and Simple Song #3 in the same category because they operate on the same plane - unknown and under the radar. They're actually good songs but they're not as stand out at the other ones because they are so anonymous. Simple Song #3 just sounds like a basic opera song, there's really no personality in it. A song has got to have strong, commanding lyrics to win an Oscar, it needs to connect. And these two just don't have it. The underdog can be awarded at the Oscars, though, so I won't hold my breath. But these songs and ergo, the films, are so obscure and unknown, much more so than TIHTY, that I just don't think they can cut it.

Compared to all this, Till It Happens To You has a lot of redeeming qualities. It doesn't have the recognisability of EI or WOTW but certainly more than MR and SS3. It's part of a movie that got praise. It about an important social issue and has an inspiring message. It was co-written by Gaga, who's a 6-time Grammy winner (and now GG winner!), so there's credibility there. It was also co-written by Diane Warren, one of the most iconic songwriters in history, which is the ultimate credibility. Diane's been nominated for Best Song a whopping 7 times but never won...and the Oscars are famous for awarding someone after many years of service to the industry, even if what they made wasn't the best. This was considered to be the reason why Sandra Bullock won her Oscar for The Blind Side - not her best, but she had tried and failed to even get nominated for years and is America's sweetheart, so they decided to reward her for that. Leonardo DiCaprio is known for being nominated for Best Actor several times but always missing out and this year, he's hotly tipped to finally win for his role in The Revenant, to finally give him the award he's tried so hard for all these years. Oh, yeah, and TIHTY is also nominated for a Grammy, another prestigious award. With all that in mind, TIHTY has a lot going for it.

Put it this way, I never thought it would even get a nomination, but it did. And a lot of prediction sites have it as the favourite. At this point, it's not completely out of left field to say it stands a chance.

Miranda Sings

That's great. I think it has a good chance, and it definitely deserves it. I enjoyed WOTW, but I would be shocked if it won. I'm really surprised they picked Earned It over Love Me Like You Do and that See You Again didn't get nominated, but I guess that just works in Gaga's favor. If she wins this she's half way to an EGOT. Maybe she can snatch an Emmy as well this year and be even closer!

People expected Beyoncé to win AOTY, but Beck did, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Still, I'd love Gaga and Diane to win this one. The Hunting Ground is beautifully heartbreaking (watch it, if you haven't already!) and any award that is somehow connected to it needs to be won, so that people know that it is not okay to sexually assault someone and that universities need to take action.

Der Meister
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Put it this way, I never thought it would even get a nomination, but it did. And a lot of prediction sites have it as the favourite. At this point, it's not completely out of left field to say it stands a chance.

It's like saying, a perfect storm is just happening!

Der Meister
2 hours ago, Ibo said:

People expected Beyoncé to win AOTY, but Beck did, so I'm not getting my hopes up. Still, I'd love Gaga and Diane to win this one. The Hunting Ground is beautifully heartbreaking (watch it, if you haven't already!) and any award that is somehow connected to it needs to be won, so that people know that it is not okay to sexually assault someone and that universities need to take action.

Beck did because he made an album all by himself and played all instruments. He totally deserved that.

Archived