💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I'm Glad Bowie Didn't Publicly Acknowledge Gaga...

DoWhatUWant

Featured Posts

DoWhatUWant

... In a way... but first of all, i'd just like to state that I honestly can't fathom Bowie disliking Gaga in the slightest. I believe, had they met, that he would have commended her for her talent and creativity as an artist. In fact its possible that they did meet, and Gaga decided not to share it with the public, like she has been known to do for certain personal matters.

... on the other hand...

That well known saying, never meet your heroes, became relevant during the whole Born This Way / Express Yourself saga, with Madonna eventually calling Gaga's work 'reductive'. Then Madonna performed her song alongside Gaga's as a mashup, which could be seen as an homage, but more likely an F U considering Gaga's frustration with the comparison, a frustration she highlighted in that interview with NME:

"The only similarities are the chord progression. It's the same one that has been in disco music for the last 50 years. Just because I'm the first ****ing artist in 25 years to think of putting it on Top 40 radio, it doesn't mean I'm a plagiarist, it means I'm ****ing smart."

...And we all know Madge milked it, likely somewhat upsetting for Gaga considering she was such a huge childhood inspiration for her.

So in a way, it's quite heartwarming that Bowie, Gaga's biggest musical inspiration and hero, remained just that. A hero.

Ray of Light

Very true, but I honestly doubt David Bowie was as bitter and ****ed up as Madonna is. 

4eo7KaF.gif

DoWhatUWant
5 minutes ago, Ray of Light said:

Very true, but I honestly doubt David Bowie was as bitter and ****ed up as Madonna is. 

4eo7KaF.gif

Totally agree, thats why I think he would have commended her had they met, who knows maybe they did in private. Not unheard of as they're both known to enjoy personal privacy to an extent.

You shouldn't judge Madonna's intent by how Gaga reacted. You should judge it by the video backdrop Madonna used for this segment in her tour, which removed all possibility of it being a tribute.

AlexanderLevi2
1 minute ago, Nemo said:

You shouldn't judge Madonna's intent by how Gaga reacted. You should judge it by the video backdrop Madonna used for this segment in her tour, which removed all possibility of it being a tribute.

And Born This Way was followed by "She's Not Me." :wtf:

Currently listening to Joanne

He only sort of publicly acknowledged her, pre-BTW when rumors were stirring that they had collaborated on a track called "Vinyl". A post on his website denied the claims,

Spoiler

Rumours and lies and stories they made up...Part 461

When this tall story first surfaced a few days ago it was denied as a hoax in an update to the same article and we thought that would be the end of it.

I guess some folk see what they want to see though and now the rumour that David Bowie has been working with Lady Gaga seems to have taken off.

The hoax was started by some bright spark or other with the above forgery. We've highlighted the supposed Bowie contributions.

However, in a nutshell, the suggestion that David Bowie is producing and participating in the production of Lady Gaga's next album is untrue and a hoax.

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/no-bowie-gaga-collaboration-16626

MaybeKermit

I also believe this. In that Jonathan Ross interview Gaga says she has some beautiful relationships with legends, but she doesn't want to talk about it because she doesn't want to exploit the relationship they have.

Imagine in 40-50 years, when she writes a book about her life, or makes a movie about her life, and she'd say that she and Bowie met etc, and that it had to be a secret :giveup:

FlopSlut
27 minutes ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

And Born This Way was followed by "She's Not Me." :wtf:

Don't worry Madonna, you're not on her level either. 

It's like Super Madonna Kart vs Call of Duty: Gaga Ops :lolga:

Flopenstein

18 minutes ago, Gov Hooka said:

I was under the impression he hadn't even privately acknowledged her

This...the mystery always puzzled me.

Love Trumps Hate

Dangerous Man

For me it doesn't matter if he acknowledge Gaga or not. What's important is we know he inspired Gaga a lot and we should just be thankful for that bc probably we won't see the same Gaga if it wasn't because of him. Still kudos to him. I know Gaga feels the same. 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

DoWhatUWant
44 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Oh what was the video backdrop?

Madonna would milk it for all its worth even if she didn't agree with it just because the GP thought it. I don't think they're that similar tbh, and if Madonna had a musical bone in her body, she wouldn't either.

Reality

I thought that Bowie wouldn't recognize Gaga, sort of the complete opposite of Madonna. Madonna's been much more, for lack of a better word, open about her relationship with Gaga, Bowie, from what I could recall, didn't really mention Gaga. 

However, as much as I love him, I do think he might have had a similar relationship to Gaga, as Madonna's, though not as severe. 

🃏🖤👹

AlexanderLevi2
1 hour ago, FlopSlut said:

Don't worry Madonna, you're not on her level either. 

It's like Super Madonna Kart vs Call of Duty: Gaga Ops :lolga:

Haha both have quite the legacy! I just wish Madonna had handled it better. But coming from Madonna's POV, I probably would have reacted with a bit of shade. Glad she's acknowledging the Queen now!

Currently listening to Joanne

He was mad that she sampled "Fame" way back in the day for "Fancy Pants"

Don't visit my profile

Archived