💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My interpretation of BTW

AlexanderLevi2

Featured Posts

AlexanderLevi2

So I like to try to make albums into story lines (as I'm sure Gaga thinks about with her albums) and I was recently thinking about Marry The Night and it all makes sense to me now.

I view the album as a full night, starting at sunset and ending at sunrise. Marry The Night is obviously about accepting your insecurities and to me the night resembles when the people we want to be during the day, come out and thrive. I've noticed this now that I am able to go to the bars, I turn into a completely different person. So we begin the album by accepting who we are deep down and beginning our night. The body of the work represents the different types of moods we feel as we explore ourselves and personal relationships. Judas about betrayal from a lover, Hair about being happy and strong with friends, Schiesse about being strong in our sense of self, Black Jesus Amen Fashion about dressing up and having that confidence to be who we are, trying on that outfit we would never have the bravery to wear during the day and accepting new ways of life, Heavy Metal Lover about that one guy everyone says we shouldn't be with but know it makes us feel free, You and I about getting back together with the one who we know we should be with, and similar themes running throughout the rest of the tracks. The finale is The Edge Of Glory where we have to say goodbye to the night and hope we can add the confidence, love and freedom we felt throughout the night to carry into our daily lives.

It might not be Gaga's interpretation but this is the best personal interpretation I have come up with that fits into that story line theme. I usually don't write my views on the album cause there is usually a flaw but I feel that this explains the album pretty well. 

Does this sound good? How do you guys interpret the album?

Currently listening to Joanne

ItsBrice Idk

That is a very good interpretation of the album and i believe that Gaga fully intended for her fans to take her albums their own way, and turn it into something that they can understand and be familiar with :)

Nicogly

I always felt that BTW is her best album. It is so unique, its sound was something that for me was completely new, and the concepts were totally brave. I love the idea of all of it being one night! 

Rock On and A Last One For the Road 🚬

Born This Way is mostly about us than her

The cover represents a metaphor about her being the motorcycle (hence why her head is there) and she wants us to get in it (the teenagers of her fan base) so she can guide us to the journey of love and self discovering and accepting

BGCDLG13.JPG

The music is sung in first person in almost all songs, maybe done on purpose so the listener can get into it easier. I was born this way, I'm gonna marry the night, I'm just a holy fool, My body is a sanctuary, my blood is pure, etc.

A perfect album for fans tbh.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

AlexanderLevi2
52 minutes ago, ItsBrice Idk said:

That is a very good interpretation of the album and i believe that Gaga fully intended for her fans to take her albums their own way, and turn it into something that they can understand and be familiar with :)

Yes, agreed! Also, happy to be your first like and welcome to GGD!

Currently listening to Joanne

ItsBrice Idk
1 hour ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Yes, agreed! Also, happy to be your first like and welcome to GGD!

Thanks, I am extremely happy to be here. 

Bad Bromance
20 hours ago, ItsBrice Idk said:

Thanks, I am extremely happy to be here. 

Welcome to GGD, hun!!  

OT:  I really liked @AlexanderLevi2's and @Gohan's interpretation of the BTW album.  I am in line with your interpretations, sistren. 

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived