💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Gaga won the GP back"

Ronlop

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

I saw it all over social media just a few weeks ago, even being shared by people that don't normally care for Gaga. And when Gaga performs it at the Oscar (especially if it, hopefully, wins) you can anticipate further acclaim and success for the song.

I hope.

(Although I really think it's not a great song and I am not excited for future performances of it :rip: )

I still doubt it'll change people's perception on her though but I can't predict the future.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One year isn't enough at all. We're just too thirsty. As i've said in other topics, back in BTW era she was literally everywhere and it backfired. It worked for the moment, but the fire extinguished too early.

I think it's also important that a large mainstream audience sees her looking very normal, poise and elegant to have the shock: "The crazy girl is back!" If she's going to ever get the crazy back.

24 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

I am not saying that Youtube Comments Section is the "GP"

It's not even remotely close. It's the absolute dregs of humanity.

Gaga hasnt won the GP back at all in my opinion.

We'll have to see with LG5.

PartySick
14 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Keep the discussion clean and mature and stuff guys otherwise this will be locked and WP will be issued :udidnt: 

"Delusional" isn't flamebait, the overall tone and vibe wasn't cool so that's why it was locked :laughga: 

Crack that whip daddy :gaycat:

OT: I don't feel like she ever lost the GP tbh. When LG5 was trending and there was an article saying "please be better than ARTPOP" there were tons of comments like "I'm not a huge fan but ARTPOP was awesome, you guys are crazy" etc. The only people that really left her were the little stan-sters and others who take part in our pop culture world. The average human being, though, didn't really care either way and just saw the music for what it is.

I do feel like she has generated more interest in LG5 because of the long break between pop albums and all the work she put into that break. I can honestly say I think people are thirsty to see what she'll bring to the table :happy: Lord knows I'm hyped already...

🖤

Just now, Killa said:

One year isn't enough at all. We're just too thirsty. As i've said in other topics, back in BTW era she was literally everywhere and it backfired. It worked for the moment, but the fire extinguished too early.

I think it's also important that a large mainstream audience sees her looking very normal, poise and elegant to have the shock: "The crazy girl is back!" If she's going to ever get the crazy back.

I had this thought as well. Glad I'm not the only one :giveup: 

djBuffoon
8 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

I hope.

(Although I really think it's not a great song and I am not excited for future performances of it :rip: )

Can't help or agree with ya there. :rip: But I definitely think she is on much more solid ground with the public than she was after Born This Way/before ARTPOP. She may never see the insane success that she had for her first two albums, and it's best if we don't look at this as a bad thing. She is committed to her vision, and that vision is simply not palatable to everyone.

ゼレミ ノヴェリノ

wow those bitter comments:saladga:

but there's still some good ones so let the light in:gaycat:

Andreyw
19 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

That's not completely true although I get what you mean.

Til It Happens To You is considered a success around here whilst it didn't chart at all.

You could say TIHTY's definition of success is it's message right? But I could prove you wrong and say that it's message barely spread like it should have and isn't that the goal with this song? I personally dislike the song and that's also why I don't get why it's getting critical acclaim but I am happy Gaga is happy!

I really don't get what you said here

OT : We will see how the public will react to the lead single to determine if she won them back or not

4 minutes ago, Andreyw said:

I really don't get what you said here

OT : We will see how the public will react to the lead single to determine if she won them back or not

I am saying that, despite the critical-acclaim, I think TIHTY was not as successful as everyone wants it to be.

Andreyw
Just now, Ronlop said:

I am saying that, despite the critical-acclaim, I think TIHTY was not as successful as everyone wants it to be.

No one claimed it was? Even though it was successful critically wise and also hit #1 on BB Dance Club Songs Chart due to its remixes

Just now, Andreyw said:

No one claimed it was? Even though it was successful critically wise and also hit #1 on BB Dance Club Songs Chart due to its remixes

Well I've seen alot of comments in GGD in general saying that it is a success and I don't personally see it this way.

LastNight

Being a fan is so much more fun and so much more enjoyable when you forget about the 'GP'.

Of course we all want Gaga to be successful and for people to appreciate the artist that we all love, but there will always be people who don't like her and her work and that's that. Focus on the amazing success she has had this past year and all the stuff we have to look forward to and don't worry about what other people think.

I say all this from experience, I was sucked in to the trap of caring what the public thought and fretting about how other people perceived her and it's honestly a complete waste of time and energy. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way, of course we are all entitled to an opinion, but it is honestly so much better to focus on your own enjoyment of her work and shut out that negativity. 

Andreyw
10 minutes ago, Ronlop said:

Well I've seen alot of comments in GGD in general saying that it is a success and I don't personally see it this way.

Did they mentioned commercial success? There are many other types of success than the commercial one :rip: but go ahead and discredit it

Archived