Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

New LG5 Stage Concept

Quasi

Featured Posts

Hi Munchkins :gaycat:.

After seeing more and more hints that LG5 will be headed toward a more "darker" direction, I decided to think up a new stage that could go along with her tour. I only realize now that my previous stage that I built was just a hot mess. I really believe ( right now at least) that this one is an improvement compared to my older design.

5S3YOcM.jpg

e2T38yW.jpg

d29ip7B.jpg

mBrfyg6.jpg

The overall theme that I thought could describe this stage with was "decrepit disco". None of this stage would be described as "organic" but much more geometric in shape. It's edgy and abstract, reminiscent of the imagery from the Monster Ball. I wanted to keep this stage as clean as possible, with nothing that can be seen as "messy" or "thrown in". 

rwrdmPW.jpg

The Stalagmite structure is composed of five translucent spires that light up from the inside, producing a disco ball / rave effect. The background includes five triangular screens that are not together, but are used to form one cohesive image. I included the stairs on the stage because I imagined Gaga could climb up there and interact with the backdrop, something she hasn't necessarily done on previous tours. I imagine her silhouette following her on the screen, and other cool effects and interludes. There are three lifts on the main stage, one for her first reveal (ala artRAVE) and two beside that one that can propel Gaga and/or her dancers up into the air (like the Monster Ball). When coming up with the design, I wanted this stage to really be set apart from all the other basic concert setups that are usually built. Therefore, the main stage is actually on a diagonal and not facing the back of an arena directly. And instead of fans standing straight toward the front end of the arena, they would actually tilt themselves approximately 45 degrees to the left. I just thought it would add a different dynamic to a show. You'll get what I mean in the picture below:

kiVWdWU.jpg

From this picture you can also see that the additional stages have some features as well. The four grey rectangles on the second stage can produce a very bright light in the floor that Gaga and her dancers could dance on. I got this idea from the Tom Ford video and I thought it would be so cool to see Gaga bring this to life in a show. Of the four rectangles, one can act as a lift and descend into another dressing room. The third triangular stage has a circular platform that can rise up, which was also inspired by the Monster Ball.

gIDlth5.jpg

I just had to include a glass catwalk somewhere. I loved how she used them at the artRAVE and I also loved how the stage extended so far into the arena so nobody had to be worried about getting a bad view. That's why I made this stage quite lengthy as well.

awT6PXu.jpg

I am quite satisfied with the final result (although I'll probably look back at this in disgust later on) but for now, I'm happy with it. I hope you guys are as well!:sara:

Thanks to Sketchup user "Jamie V." for the Clay Paky Sharpy beam lights and Sketchup user "PieterAMB" for the silhouette of Gaga.

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good in general. But, I think the runway is way too long. Lol. Gags isn't going to wanna walk a mile to reach the other side. :air:

Xalser

Just now, Applause said:

Looks good in general. But, I think the runway is way too long. Lol. Gags isn't going to wanna walk a mile to reach the other side. :air:

I think the pictures make it look longer than it actually is. :deadbanana:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Psychedelic

OMG. I've been slain!!!

That's outrageously awesome. Submit the idea to gaga and her team somehow... this is perfect!

Tbh I think the glass runway should go. Much easier for Gaga to go under to reach the main stage ala BTWB.

amazing use of google sketchup :applause:  

you could upload a demo vid 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Kermit
7 minutes ago, Applause said:

inb4 she starts singing "hello froom the other SIDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE" to Ricky Tillo and Adele rolls onto the stage starting "Dinner" with Gaga.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

omg i love this

if i could design a stage for gaga, i would put treadmills on it, moving her and the backup dancers all around the stage :gaycat: 

lilmonster2424

LOOOVE THIS OH MY GOD. Honestly should be used!!

The only thing that I would change would be how the MainStage doesn't face forward, I LOVE the idea but it would kinda suck for people who have seats on the left (stage right) side of the arena cause she wouldn't face them when she was dancing. But overall, LOVE!

Kermit

I honestly wonder if Intel will help Gaga with the LG5 ball stage. Gravitational alterations, hologram objects being thrown from Gaga's every move, music note symbols/any era symbols floating in the air over the crowd. 3D sound throughout the arena.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Thomas P

I love everything about this!!!!!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

andy232000
23 minutes ago, Applause said:

rememebr that the artrave concept picture catwalks were very very long and took the whole arena, and the real life think was barely half of it

andy232000

i LOVE THIS THIS WOULD BE F PERFECT. TOOK A SCREENSHOT TO SAVE IT INTO MY "I WISH GAGA WOULD USE THIS FOLDER" im slayed by your perfection!!! 

16 minutes ago, DominicB said:

inb4 she starts singing "hello froom the other SIDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE" to Ricky Tillo and Adele rolls onto the stage starting "Dinner" with Gaga.

OMG. YAS!

Just now, andy232000 said:

rememebr that the artrave concept picture catwalks were very very long and took the whole arena, and the real life think was barely half of it

True. :koons:

Xalser

Archived