Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Phones

Noah

Phones  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone brand are you into/ would you suggest?

• Apple - iPhone
    • Samsung
    • HTC
    • Windows
    • Blackberry
    • others

Featured Posts

39 minutes ago, Tove Lo said:

I could say the same about every Apple device I've gotten (and still use.) :air: 

I'm pretty sure that's common with every electronic that has updates. "The update isn't too much for the old device but it still slows it down." You get what I'm saying?

I know what you're saying. I'm lucky that my past iPhones have never slowed down that much in comparison to my past android phones :nick:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judas Oyster

How is HTC so underrated here? :rip:

I've got the original HTC One and been happy for more than two years without complaints. Only is that after 1 year I crushed the screen, but it still works haha :emma: I'm secretly waiting til' the phone dies one year so I can buy a new one soon, I would buy the same but in mini form. But I guess the newest versions like HTC One (M9) or something is much better :P

Samsung seems fair enough. iPhone is fast but overpriced and IMO it's not worth it when u have better phones available for less money. Also with Android you have the freedom to edit the look of it inside and stuff... So no to the iPhone :D

eifulien
45 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

When you want an Android phone, you should definetly look at Google's Nexus series.

They run with Android the way Google intended it to (ICYDK Google makes Android, Samsung and others can customize it the way they want tho).
So with essentially no bloatware (they aren't tied to a carrier too) and just everything you need you get really really good and lag-free performance.

I have a Nexus 5 from 2013 and it can still pretty easily handle everything you throw at it today.

Also, Nexuses where originally intended as reference/development phones for Android, so customizing it with ROMs is really easy and there is a big community around it.

In the US the current Nexus 5X and 6P are pretty inexpensive compared to an iPhone or Galaxy, but not much elsewhere.

https://store.google.com/category/phones

Some first impressions from the 5X and 6P from MKBHD (he also has pretty good reviews from them on his channel) when they were first announced:

Hide contents

In case you didn't notice, I'm a big fan of the Nexus series :emma:

Woah woah, wait! Loves Gaga + Loves Nexus. Are you the one I've been looking for? Let's set a wedding day, shall we? :gaycat::hor::stalkga:

I'm a vivid Android geek. I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and currently Xperia Z3 compact. 

Just now, Son of ARTPOP said:

Woah woah, wait! Loves Gaga + Loves Nexus. Are you the one I've been looking for? Let's set a wedding day, shall we? :gaycat::hor::stalkga:

I'm a vivid Android geek. I have a Nexus 7 (2013) and currently Xperia Z3 compact. 

@kvnrp

Is the nexus good for just as Android Phone?

I want to have an Android just in case I need it while programming. Is the Nexus good for that?

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

LG G4, bought it in November, it's honestly a very versatile and capable phone, and it has one of the best (if not, the BEST) cameras out there.

But if you'd be interested in buy a new LG flagship, I'd recommend for you to wait until the new one gets released (which usually happens at the start of the year).

Apple for me, apple for you.

eifulien
Just now, Noahhh said:

@kvnrp

I want to have an Android just in case I need it while programming. Is the Nexus good for that?

The Nexus brand was established with programmers in mind. Devices used to be a reference point for all developers because it wasn't skinned by other manufacturers. It is the Android as Google envisons it and is used to premiere new versions of the OS. Earlier models were niche devices with the latest tech under the hood but not quite good for casual users. Then there was a period where Nexus phones and tablets kept the core idea but were made affordable (the Samsung, LG and Asus years - 2011-2013) and improved on some things. And since Android 5.0 and Nexus 6 and 9 Nexus took its current shape as a premium brand with the best from Google. The advantages of a Nexus device are too much for me to neglect - timely updates, latest software, good security updates. And when you add to that the finally good cameras of the current generation (5X and 6P) and premium build and it simply kills the competition. 

If you plan to write apps, Nexus is your thing.

imwoahvicky
1 hour ago, MACH said:

There are? What I've heard the next one will have a different jack.

1 hour ago, Kylo Ren said:

iPhone 6 plus but there are rumors that the next iPhones won't have a headphone jack so I might switch to Samsung. Those curved screens look cool.

I read up about it, the headphones will be completely wireless it seems like 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

I have a Moto X 1st gen and I really like it. The moto line isn't too expensive either like many flagship phones (iPhone, Samsung Galaxy).

Don't visit my profile

49 minutes ago, Noahhh said:

@kvnrp

Yes absolutely.

Nexuses are basically the best choice if you want to develop for Android because they were originally build to be a reference for the rest of the ecosystem.

Google makes Android with Nexus devices for testing so they have to be at least good for that. :laughga:
You also get an open Bootloader and everything else, so you could basically install something else instead of Android (there are some Ubuntu ROMs for some Nexus devices).

And since the Nexus 4 and 7 they are going more for the general market, and they are in a really good place now with the 5X and 6P basically being finally really competitive with the iPhone now,
you could say that Nexuses are the iPhones in the Android world.

And the killer feature of Nexus: You actually get new versions of Android when they are available.

44 minutes ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Haha are you available? Lets plan our wedding :gaycat:

I had a Nexus 4, but that broke a year ago, and now I'm on the N5.
And I tell everyone they should buy a Nexus it's basically #BuyARTPOPoniTunes 2.0 :laughga: because tbh when I see them struggling with their Galaxys I say to myself "You could have a so much better experience, poor thing. And it would even cost you less :/

eifulien
2 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

Haha are you available? Lets plan our wedding :gaycat:

I had a Nexus 4, but that broke a year ago, and now I'm on the N5.
And I tell everyone they should buy a Nexus it's basically #BuyARTPOPoniTunes 2.0 :laughga: because tbh when I see them struggling with their Galaxys I say to myself "You could have a so much better experience, poor thing. And it would even cost you less :/

Well I always miss on the Nexus phones. My first smartphone was the Xperia Arc S, I would've bought Galaxy Nexus but it cost an arm and a leg back then in December 2011, it was the newest thing with Ice Cream Sandiwch. Every geek's wet sexxx dream come true. Then this september I desperately needed a replacement. I've been using it for almost 4 years but poor thing with 400MB ROM and 512MB RAM could handle WhatsApp (on good old Gingebread). And I wanted a Nexus ofc (after buying the Nexus 7 in 2013). But I just happened to need a new phone in a very bad place - the Nexus 6 for me is a no-go because of the screen and the price. The Nexus 5 is at the end of it's life cycle and I wanted something newer. And the 5X and 6P were not a reality yet. The best bargain I could get was the Z3 compact and I'm blown away by its performance. The camera is good, the display is good, not too big (4.6inches), no overheating issues, and the battery lasts for 2 days (after a couple of updates Sony fixed an issue that they had so the KitKat battery life is back with 5.1 Lollipop).

My best friend is planning on replacing his Galaxy Nexus with a 6P and I can't wait for him to buy it so I can play with it. The build quality is superb.

Also I think a good alternative for not so tech-savvy users are the Moto series by Motorola. I've recommended them to a lot of my friends, and they either got the Moto G or Moto E and they are really happy with them. :flutter:

Spoiler

If we are to talk about my availability, well, I'm married to Olly (from Years and Years), and Troye Sivan. Still waiting for Rupert Grint and Ed Sheeran to realise the right path to bliss (i.e. with a man, preferably me). BUT! the divorces can be arranged really fast without any consequence, and you can take me. :toofunny: Actually please do. *plays I'm a Mess* :giveup::air:

migamiga

I'm waiting for blackberry to up their game so I can go back. I miss it so much! I actually like using buttons and I hate that having an iPhone makes me look/act/think like everyone else

Archived