💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Noisey reads "Azillion" for filth

Jonna Lee

Featured Posts

Jonna Lee

10268787_1666216893649668_428726851_n.jp

The year is only a week and a half old, but we've already got our first certifiable audio trainwreck: Last night Iggy Azalea made her return to recorded music with a "buzz track" for her "ratz" called "Azillion." Where to begin? The production sounds like a wintry mix of Madonna and Diplo's"Bitch I'm Madonna" and Azealia Banks's "212," the latter, especially egregious since Iggy declared the long-simmering Azalea/Azealia beef moot in light of her chart successes. If you're out of her league, why you biting? If she doesn't matter, why you shading her?

Worse than the production is Iggy's diction, which the Washington Post recently lauded for its "sophisticated understanding of how black rappers speak." Our resident AAVE expert's opening bars go:

"Headed for a zillion, coming thru a billion
Gotta keep it trill-ion, what is a million?
What the **** is a million?
Gotta stack bread on ride to the ceil-ion"

She pronounces all the "-illion" words the same way Roc-a-fella Records alumnus Amil would her nickname "Amillion," which is unfortunate because Iggy sounded like a down-under facsimile of the All Money Is Legal diva well before appropriating her rap name in song. Azalea can't even claim the Texas twist on "trillion" because Bun B and T-Pain made "Trillionaire" five years ago. The beat is a knockoff, the concept is doubly derivative, but the true crime of "Azillion" is a line-to-line inability to make the lyric sheet pop.

...At one point in verse two, I think she says she gets money "from December to the mother****in' Igguary," a tragically ill-considered situating of an "n" sound next to an "igg" sound for a Caucasian rapper who should know better, and then says "Raw ****, salmonella, got it ****in' buried," a worse line because you have to be in pretty poor shape to croak from salmonella poisoning, an infection that generally goes away on its own without a doctor's supervision.

Iggy Azalea capping off huge chart success and heated backlash with this pat party pâtÊ is a waste of a comeback. It's not infuriatingly catchy like her best tracks or calculatedly motivational like the thoughtful ones, and really, it's barely even ironic fun. Iggy's got a lot to prove after a disintegrated headlining tour and diminishing chart returns, and "Azillion" isn't helping. If she ever hopes to see abillion, it can't be like this.

x

EVISCERATE IT lmao.gif.17ffb1a7cf95e100d3893d1e85a1557

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one of the worst cases of opinionated reporting I've ever seen. Sounds like an immature stan with poor use of the English language tried to express themselves negatively and it failed.

Caesium

The song truly is awful so it deserves to be read into its early grave.

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Serendipity

sis, you'll get banned here too:rip:

OT::air:

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Mobster
2 minutes ago, Vidar said:

not as bad as the title suggests :rip:

Did we read the same review? :rip:

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Mobster
Just now, Phoenix said:

damn that's a lot of popcorn

Just the appropriate amount :gaycat:

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

FrankGutz
12 minutes ago, Clean said:

sis, you'll get banned here too:rip:

OT::air:

nnnnnn... why? lmao

@Jonna Lee hi sis, i see u

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Jonna Lee
Just now, frankgutz said:

nnnnnn... why? lmao

@Jonna Lee hi sis, i see u

fjhgkjlhk; what happened to jewrjewr

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

16 minutes ago, Chic said:

This is one of the worst cases of opinionated reporting I've ever seen. Sounds like an immature stan with poor use of the English language tried to express themselves negatively and it failed.

It's a review not a reporter breaking news.. Alas I forget this is what most people these days consider news so I guess I can't really be too surprised

FrankGutz
2 minutes ago, Jonna Lee said:

fjhgkjlhk; what happened to jewrjewr

they ban ha :(  not the good members getting ban :praying:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

GloZell Green

Well, they're right imo. It sucks and it's a perfect example of how people are calling something like that "music" :wtf: The song doesn't even tie a meaning really :rip: The only okay parts are the instrumental, she should just release an album full of them.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Archived