Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I love the 'Milky Milky Milk Tour'.

NE Thing

Featured Posts

NE Thing

In the past, it would be fair to say that I have been incredibly critical of concert tours. Heck, I even dislike the Monster Ball DVD, because of unnecessary length or shortenings. And while I didn't get to go to Miley Cyrus' most recent tour with The Flaming Lips, The Milky Milky Milk Tour, she streamed her last show, in Los Angeles, on a website called Go90. I will leave a link below to the full two hour show, but here is a list of why I love it. 

1. She yells and eccentuates parts of songs when needed or most well-suited.

2. Her vocals tho. Yaaaaaaaasss.

3. She has a good balance of part songs and slower songs (e.g. when she went from Love Money Party to 1 Sun)

4. Her outfits are... inventive. (They are a little tacky, but they are well-suited and I think they kind of add a special something)

5. The setlist is literally perfect.

6. The staging is beautful. (Better production than Bangerz Tour, where she played venues 20 times this size. The screens tho.)

7. Her dancers are entertaining.

8. The Flaming Lips. (They performed really well and definitely added their own twist to the songs and general show.

Here is the setlist:

"Dooo It!"

"Love Money Party"

"1 Sun"

"The Floyd Song (Sunrise)"

"Something About Space Dude"

"Space Boots"

''F**kin' F**ked Up''

"BB Talk"

"Fweaky"

"Bang Me Box"

"Lighter"

"Slab of Butter (Scorpion)"

"I Forgive Yiew"

"Miley Tibetan Bowlzzz"

"Milky Milky Milk"

"Tiger Dreams"

"Pablow the Blowfish"

"Twinkle Song"

Encore

"Karen Don't Be Sad"

"Evil Is But a Shadow"

"We Can't Stop"

Here is the show:

What do you think of my opinions, and what do you think of the show itself; did you like it, or was it a bit much for you???

Mentally Disturbed Llama.

Didymus

Oooh I didn't know there was a recording :giveup:THANK YOU!

That setlist looks brave and uncompromising. Awesome. And from your summary, I'm sure I'll love it too, I've been a major fan of her this era :flutter:

Gonna enjoy it later :sara: I'll share my thoughts when I finished.

NE Thing
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Oooh I didn't know there was a recording :giveup:THANK YOU!

That setlist looks brave and uncompromising. Awesome. And from your summary, I'm sure I'll love it too, I've been a major fan of her this era :flutter:

Gonna enjoy it later :sara: I'll share my thoughts when I finished.

:D

The Stage is amazing. It seems like she's connecting with her fans much more than with Bangerz, still hope she'll put out commercial music soon.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

AlexanderLevi2

I'm really interested to see where she goes from here! The tour is a stoner's dream. Campy and unapologetic.

Currently listening to Joanne

Didymus

Skipping through a bit omfg it looks amazing. I get this aesthetic.

Thank you Miley :giveup: After FameGa I thought I would never see something like this again.

Judas Oyster

So I guess I found something to watch tonight :D #gettingold #notgoingoutonsaturdays

I did like many of her new songs so think would be good :)

Creyk

I'll be honest, I was disappointed in her singing abilities when I saw this recording. Miley always had the reputation of having a good voice and being able to sing live. Space Boots is my fave song from her latest album, so of course I went to it immediately....it's a complete mess the way she sings it here. I wish she sounded better because this is a huge letdown.

NE Thing
3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

I'll be honest, I was disappointed in her singing abilities when I saw this recording. Miley always had the reputation of having a good voice and being able to sing live. Space Boots is my fave song from her latest album, so of course I went to it immediately....it's a complete mess the way she sings it here. I wish she sounded better because this is a huge letdown.

Not everyone has the same opinion, so fair enough. But, if I'm going to be perfectly just and honest - the Bangerz Tour was a loooooooooot worse.

JoanneMonster

A lot of costumes and background videos are recycled from the Bangerz Tour, I went to the Bangerz Tour and was waaay better than this. 

I See You

NE Thing
Just now, monster30 said:

A lot of costumes and background videos are recycled from the Bangerz Tour, I went to the Bangerz Tour and was waaay better than this. 

I only saw the BT DVD, and it was bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaddddddd.

JoanneMonster
Just now, Green Unicorn said:

I only saw the BT DVD, and it was bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaddddddd.

A lot of songs are cut from the BT DVD idk why. It was one of the best concerts I've ever went to. Also I don't think this is bad, I think the Bangerz Tour was beeeetttaaaa

I See You

NE Thing
5 minutes ago, monster30 said:

A lot of songs are cut from the BT DVD idk why. It was one of the best concerts I've ever went to. Also I don't think this is bad, I think the Bangerz Tour was beeeetttaaaa

Fair enough. Also, the editing of the BT DVD was very poor. 

I'm impressed tbh. The overall condition of her voice is quite worn out here probably due to touring but the hoarseness actually works quite well with the setting.

she has improved a lot as a performer and evolved as an artist.

i would rather pay to watch this tour than some other pop tours with big production and no substance / showmanship

Judas Oyster

Pretty good show. She should just leave the "pop girl" and keep doing this tbh, this is "artist Miley" at it's best.

I still wonder why her new album isn't available for a free download when it's a free album. As long as I've come I only get to listen to it from her official site, which uses SoundCloud. She's chosen to hide how many "listens" her songs get for us the public, and won't let us download the songs?

I'm still watching, halfway thru or so

Update: oh, BB Talk! <3 the part about the 15 minute orgasm :laughga:

This is her ARTPOP era... I was expecting Gagz to be as free artistically as Miley is now during the ARTPOP era but oh well :gaycat: This show is the definition of what "Free my mind ARTPOP" should have been :P I'm sorry Gagz, you're still my favorite. I bet there was good reasons for it not happening, but yeah. At least you made Miley free herself.

Archived