💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you consider Lady Gaga to be the greatest pop act of all time?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne
Just now, Warholian said:

I don't know, that'd be up to personal opinion. But I don't think Gaga is a genius. Her lyrics are quite average, her music, although fantastic, is not exceptional in the context of the greats of the past. She's one of the greatest performers of all time and, for the 21st century and likely the last 30 years I'd say she's unmatched, but with literal geniuses like Michael Jackson I just don't think she's on the same level. 

Ooohh, girl.... I do!!! I think that her arsenal of hits can stand against anyone else's... even MJ. She may not have the duration yet, but she sure has the body count. She has slayed track after track. In volumes that very few have --- MJ being one of them. The speed in which she's done it is part of what makes it all so compelling. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlexanderLevi2
4 minutes ago, DominicB said:

Thanks to the UK, we have had pop music since the 50's. Although, America has crashed it into something that once was beautiful to something just to stay relevant and use as weapons like it's a war when in reality it should just be the melody to set one free.

I'd like to disagree with that but, again, that's your own opinion. And I can't and won't be able to change that :)

Currently listening to Joanne

ItsTommyBitch

It depends on how much we are allowing the term "pop" to change for me I guess... I think musically, shes great, and up there for me as far as pop goes, but now that ive expanded my horizons beyond pop music, there's so much going on that is more avant garde and inspired and beautiful out there that i have trouble saying yes. As far as being an extremely talented, multifaceted artist, of modern times shes up there, and may certainly be the most currently well known one, but plenty of "geniuses" and potential legends are overlooked or never even allowed the opportunity to shine because of the market's practices... I'd say shes up there for me as a full package, with ironically her lyricism and music being the weakest part of her (not that they are bad, but if we are thinking Legendary, all time status, they could certainly do better at times, Misses Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs :crossed: )

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Warholian
6 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Ooohh, girl.... I do!!! I think that her arsenal of hits can stand against anyone else's... even MJ. She may not have the duration yet, but she sure has the body count. She has slayed track after track. In volumes that very few have --- MJ being one of them. The speed in which she's done it is part of what makes it all so compelling. 

I think she has a long way to go -- like, decades. Who knows what she will show and evolve into. But at this point right now I don't think what she's put out competes. There's people that are literal modern musical geniuses that I'd personally put on the same levels of Mozart. I think there are specific categories in which I could consider her being the best of all time in. She's an incredible marketer unlike anyone I think we've ever seen. I just think the title of "greatest pop act of all time" will likely come down the road. It'd be like judging the Beatles' impact on culture and society in the years 1960-1965. She has a long way to go.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

ChicaSkas

She's coming right up there.

I would say right now:

1. Michael Jackson

2. Elvis

3.The Beatles

4. The Rolling Stones

5. Madonna

6. Gaga

I don't mean that as shade. She has roughly 9 years behind her of us knowing her name.

Everyone else on that list has had decades upon decades. She WILL reach or eclipse them, for our generation.

I don't even like lists like these much because I hate pitting artists against one another -- they all shine their own unique and glorious lights. All those artists, I love them. They sing the songs that help me get through my life.

But as far as Gaga goes, she does have a little further to go before I personally would say, "of all time."

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

The queen of pop and the king of pop EARNED their titles. Maybe 20 years from now if GaGa gets back to the TFM level and doesn't decline or lose her voice or stop dancing we can talk.

Kermit
Just now, AlexanderLevi2 said:

I'd like to disagree with that but, again, that's your own opinion. And I can't and won't be able to change that :)

:air: i'm sorry, i wrote it a completely different way than what i meant. i don't mean for all artist to be under that category, i'm just tired of hearing diss tracks, the constant use of the word *niqqa*, the same old feeling and the emotionless lyrics in the majority of the relevant artists today, probably why i like listening to music from the 60s and 70s.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

ReidOne
Just now, Warholian said:

I think she has a long way to go -- like, decades. Who knows what she will show and evolve into. But at this point right now I don't think what she's put out competes. There's people that are literal modern musical geniuses that I'd personally put on the same levels of Mozart. I think there are specific categories in which I could consider being the best of all time in. She's an incredible marketer unlike anyone I think we've ever seen. I just think the title of "greatest pop act of all time" will likely come down the road. 

Great points!! My job is social media marketing, so I'm inherently biased to love someone like Gaga. You are right. I'm in love with the marketing as much as anything.

But isn't that something, in itself, Warholian?! :hor: :flutter: :applause: :tongue: 

Seeka

It's all personal opinion. And I'm very neutral when it comes to such things. Pop encompasses all music at one time or another. Adele is pop, The Eagles were pop, Duran Duran was pop, Elvis was pop...

Everyone has highs and lows and we can only base our opinions on our experiences.

I do enjoy Gaga and I think she probably has had so mega amazing performances that have put her high on the pop pedestal.

Warholian
1 minute ago, ReidOne said:

Great points!! My job is social media marketing, so I'm inherently biased to love someone like Gaga. You are right. I'm in love with the marketing as much as anything.

But isn't that something, in itself, Warholian?! :hor: :flutter: :applause: :tongue: 

She is hands down the greatest music video maker of all time, I'll give her that.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

FlopSlut

Yes, she is. She has done everything the "greats" have done and usually better.

She was never a dancer but she knew she had to dance to attract more people. She was one of the best dancers in the pop star world during the fame, fame monster, and early BTW eras.

Her lyrics are some of the greatest to have ever been written.

Her songs as a whole are great, there is not one song that i know of that wouldn't appeal to many many people.

Her ideas, designs, and concepts are all so innovative, humane, kind, new, never-been-done-before (actual quote).

Honestly I can't explain it but if you're a fan of Gags as well as a fan of other great artists like Madonna, Michael, and Cher, then you know and are able to compare her superiority.

She is literally an icon to everything she does. A true Icon.

Flopenstein

Higher

Compared to all of the legends, not even close

tiUJUA2.gif

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Archived