Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you consider Lady Gaga to be the greatest pop act of all time?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

ReidOne

No tea, no shade, I honestly do. I think she is the greatest to ever do the job. Which is why I'm still here. I stan equally for the song "The Fame" as much as I do her Oscars performance of 'The Sound of Music" and her 'Cheek to Cheek' era. I think that she is, simply, the best to EVER do the job. Simply my opinion, but I don't think there is any other pop act, living or dead, more compelling (or more talented, pop culturally) than Lady Gaga. 

Sure, there are better vocalists (Whitney). Better dancers (Janet). Better sales (Michael). But no one can complete the whole package in a way that keeps me endlessly compelled quite the way that Lady Gaga does. That's why I'm still here for all this. And she keeps getting BETTER. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne

And all those haters who say she "ripped off" this person or that person can frankly --- kiss my ass. You are missing the entire point. Gaga's ART is in her references. She's a mirror to pop culture. That's the whole point, sis. 

Haroon

Maybe not "the greatest", but up there with them yeah sure I think so :laughga: I don't actually know enough about what other acts have done to compile a list so I'm not gonna put the label onto Gaga because I don't have the knowledge of others to elevate her above them :emma: 

chrismugler

I think no one is the greatest act, not even Michael or Madonna or Elvis because at some points they all had their lows and flops... HOWEVER I think Gaga pretty f*cking rocks and she's extraordinary talented and she's the most talented artist of our generation. 

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

Warholian

Based on how self aware she is? Yes, to some extent. 

But overall no. People like MJ, Elvis, The Beatles.. it's hard to beat them.

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Bad Bromance
4 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

No tea, no shade, I honestly do. I think she is the greatest to ever do the job. Which is why I'm still here. I stan equally for the song "The Fame" as much as I do her Oscars performance of 'The Sound of Music" and her 'Cheek to Cheek' era. I think that she is, simply, the best to EVER do the job. Simply my opinion, but I don't think there is any other pop act, living or dead, more compelling (or more talented, pop culturally) than Lady Gaga. 

Sure, there are better vocalists (Whitney). Better dancers (Janet). Better sales (Michael). But no one can complete the whole package in a way that keeps me endlessly compelled quite the way that Lady Gaga does. That's why I'm still here for all this. And she keeps getting BETTER. 

I agree with you, honey bunny.  Gaga encompasses what a true artist is.  Others may not agree with her artistry or give her any credit for it but she will be a legend one day in the not-so-distant future.

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

ReidOne
Just now, Warholian said:

Based on how self aware she is? Yes, to some extent. 

Completely see your point... but isn't this the piece that elevates her above all the rest? 

Kermit

One of them, yes. Not even Stefani herself knows what Gaga will become in due time, she is legendary and she will progress. Hate will always be a side sticker to ANY success, MJ had it, MLK had it, historical figures had it and although I don't believe in this type of thing but EVEN JESUS had it. On the side, I think we shouldn't pay attention to the hatred thrown our way and at Gaga's, people will be people and have their own one-sided opinions on everything in life, we can better ourselves as a close-to-one-another-community by paying attention and bathing in the success Gaga has and will receive.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

AlexanderLevi2

To me, I believe so. But I think everyone has their own taste of what is great. There's no such thing as the "greatest ever."

I think she is an icon and will be remembered forever. But we've only had pop music for 100 or so years (I THINK, IM NOT 100% SURE) and there will be more greats to come!

Currently listening to Joanne

DiscoHeaven23

That would be to bias of me to say and too premature. 

I think, if i were to be honest, these two hold that title now. 

giphy.gif

tumblr_m5yw9448RZ1qj3jpu.gif

Warholian
Just now, ReidOne said:

Completely see your point... but isn't this the piece that elevates her above all the rest? 

I don't know, that'd be up to personal opinion. But I don't think Gaga is a genius. Her lyrics are quite average, her music, although fantastic, is not exceptional in the context of the greats of the past. She's one of the greatest performers of all time and, for the 21st century and likely the last 30 years I'd say she's unmatched, but with literal geniuses like Michael Jackson I just don't think she's on the same level. 

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Kermit
1 minute ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

To me, I believe so. But I think everyone has their own taste of what is great. There's no such thing as the "greatest ever."

I think she is an icon and will be remembered forever. But we've only had pop music for 100 or so years (I THINK, IM NOT 100% SURE) and there will be more greats to come!

Thanks to the UK, we have had pop music since the 50's. Although, America has crashed it into something that once was beautiful to something just to stay relevant and use as weapons like it's a war when in reality it should just be the melody to set one free.

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

Bad Bromance
2 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

Some people are going to agree with your statement and others will not so I guess it all boils down to people's perspective and their overall taste in music and art.

I love your avi, by the way.  It totally rocks!  

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Archived