Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What's the big deal about TIHTY reaching #1?

Hurem

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's true but don't you think that's a problem? It's supposed to be spreading a very important message but you don't care because it might add another #1 to her tally? That's very shallow.

There are two possible scenarios:

1. Song completely bombs (chart-related) and the message doesn't really spread much.

2. Song becomes a club hit, becomes more popular and spreads its message to a lot bigger crowd.

I'm gonna go with the latter one, call me shallow.

ibp19alwidapxist9yjrb2ke.gif

11 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I have yet to see someone say the success is "bad".

It seems like you're the only one choosing to overreact about this whole thing. If you're not gonna try to understand the arguments people bring and if you're intent on spinning the tables quickly enough so you always end up sounding ahead of everyone then this thread you made is pointless.

Well people have been complaining about it going #1, which is a success, so. 

I wouldn't call this overreacting since the whole thing is being going on for a month and I'm creating this thread just now. I understand your arguments, i just don't agree with them. There's a reason I categorised this thread as an opinion. Agree to disagree on this one. micheal_zps45ccf519.gif

Didymus
Just now, Hurem said:

Well people have been complaining about it going #1, which is a success, so. 

I wouldn't call this overreacting since the whole thing is being going on for a month and I'm creating this thread just now. I understand your arguments, i just don't agree with them. There's a reason I categorised this thread as an opinion. Agree to disagree on this one. micheal_zps45ccf519.gif

Sounds like you could've just made a status to me tbh.

You're not even voicing an opinion. You're just saying our opinion is unnecessary and stupid. And if you think I'll take that "but this way her message will spread further" patched up thing serious :rip:

Clearly you care about the numbers and that's absolutely fine, but then don't judge people for thinking further than "yay she has another #1!" just because you're not interested in it.

12 minutes ago, Hurem said:

There are two possible scenarios:

1. Song completely bombs (chart-related) and the message doesn't really spread much.

2. Song becomes a club hit, becomes more popular and spreads its message to a lot bigger crowd.

I'm gonna go with the latter one, call me shallow.

ibp19alwidapxist9yjrb2ke.gif

Yeah right that's why you want it to be number one lol.

No one's saying it can't/shouldn't but it is just quite an understandable thing to find awkward. Get over it.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Sounds like you could've just made a status to me tbh.

You're not even voicing an opinion. You're just saying our opinion is unnecessary and stupid. And if you think I'll take that "but this way her message will spread further" patched up thing serious :rip:

Clearly you care about the numbers and that's absolutely fine, but then don't judge people for thinking further than "yay she has another #1!" just because you're not interested in it.

Oh please, there are a lot worse and unnecessary threads than this one. :rip: 

I do care about the charts, yes (not to the point where I'd burn my stan card if she's not successful), but it's undeniable that if a song/album gets more success it will make more impact. Take Born This Way as an example, would it make as much of an impact if the song wasn't such a big hit? Nope.

Welp, I guess I totally went in the wrong direction with this. :rip: 

Dominic

The only thing I find awkward is how it even managed to get on the charts in the first place.  I find it difficult to 'appreciate'  the message behind it because of how bad the song is personally.  

However,  surely any success generated from the song is a good thing? Bringing it to the masses and spreading the message.  

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Fernster7

I agree with the OP because honestly I wouldn't even think of it being a song about rape if it was my first time listening to it and even if I knew everyone can give a song a personal meaning. I think people just need something to complain about and don't realize that the message might be spreading thanks to this.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

DemeLarell

I personally don't understand what's the big deal either. I understand it's about rape but based on the perspective she is singing from i think it perfectly fine to bop to it. She even said in an interview that she didn't want to be a victim in the song. She didn't want to go out like that. I love the original but i would dance to it in the clubs too. I look at it as a rape survivor anthem now (remixed or not). And this is coming from someone who was sexually assaulted twice (one time being in this year). And i understand other people might feel like it's awkward but you have to admit that SOME do over react. 

Reality

I just personally find it weird that this specific song is being played at nightclubs and dances. I mean, the song is relatively slow, so it's not a song that you can necessarily dance too; and the purpose of the song is to educate people about the dangers of sexual assault. 

I think you may be overreacting on this, because from what I've seen, people are just confused as to why a song like Til it Happens to You is on a "dance song list". It could have been Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, ApplauseBorn This Way, etc. Literally almost every other Gaga song would work great at a nightclub, but Til it Happens to You just seems like an awkward choice. 

🃏🖤👹

Archived