💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What's the big deal about TIHTY reaching #1?

Hurem

Featured Posts

Til It Happens To You keeps rising Billboard's Dance Club Songs and the 90% of the comments are:

- omg :rip: 

- this is SO awkward :rip::rip: 

- i hope it doesn't reach #1

Like, what the f*ck? What's the big deal about this? I know the song is about rape, but so what? Where does it say songs about rape can't get remixed or just be dance songs? The only thing that can come out of this is the fact that Gaga has another #1 on Dance Club Songs chart. :rip: Stop overreacting.

Um I feel like you're the one overreacting tbh.

It is just a strange image for some to envision a bunch of people getting down and having the time of their lives to a serious and emotional song about rape. That's all. If it's growing then so be it but truth is no one really cares about that chart anyway.

Different kinds of music suit different kinds of purposes. I'm pretty sure TIHTY wasn't written with the dance floor in mind. You wouldn't expect to hear the Bridal Chorus at a funeral etc. It's pretty easy to see why people find it funny/awkward.

Didymus

Well.. this is exactly what it's about. You're saying we should ignore what the song represents and be happy with its (and it's not even the song, it's a dance remix that's doing better better than the original) shallow success. Some people find that awkward indeed, especially when the original song tanked in terms of numbers.

But personally, I think remixes shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Phoenix

I just don't like the fact that everyone is labeling it as a "song about rape". It's used for the campaign made to fight against it, but the lyrics can be about anything. About any struggle that someone is going through.

💎

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Well.. this is exactly what it's about. You're saying we should ignore what the song represents and be happy with its (and it's not even the song, it's a dance remix that's doing better better than the original) shallow success. Some people find that awkward indeed, especially when the original song tanked in terms of numbers.

But personally, I think remixes shouldn't have been made in the first place.

I'm not saying that at all. We all know what it's about, there's no way we can ignore it. But why is it awkward if a song about rape is a dance track? Did you all forget about Swine? I haven't seen anyone calling it awkward. 

JackTheTripper

except the song is specifically written about her getting raped, and bring awerness ,and promoting movies-not any movie but documentary about real people getting raped...  i dont know its just looks insensitive su me

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Um I feel like you're the one overreacting tbh.

It is just a strange image for some to envision a bunch of people getting down and having the time of their lives to a serious and emotional song about rape. That's all. If it's growing then so be it but truth is no one really cares about that chart anyway.

Different kinds of music suit different kinds of purposes. I'm pretty sure TIHTY wasn't written with the dance floor in mind. You wouldn't expect to hear the Bridal Chorus at a funeral etc. It's pretty easy to see why people find it funny/awkward.

It's not like you care what the song you're dancing to is about when you're out. :rip: Even Gaga said that personal/emotional songs don't always have to be ballads. If nothing, people might google the song if they like the remix they hear outside and find out about the original song, the documentary etc.

JackTheTripper

well try to put yourself in the postion about people being raped-and often traumatized, if you are like them and are being aout in a club and you hear this song- it would ****ed them up

It's just weird to hear songs like TIHTY on the dance floor and who doesn't like a #1 for Gaga? but that would be really awkward tbh

Credits to the guy on my avi. Love his shirt!!!

Didymus
Just now, Hurem said:

I'm not saying that at all. We all know what it's about, there's no way we can ignore it. But why is it awkward if a song about rape is a dance track? Did you all forget about Swine? I haven't seen anyone calling it awkward. 

That's because Swine was a dance track from the beginning and it was always meant to fit a dance/club context. What's awkward here is that TIHTY isn't played in a club, it's a dance remix (which some people, incl. me, thought was awkward enough) of it and it's actually doing better than the original song with the original intent.

Just now, Didymus said:

That's because Swine was a dance track from the beginning and it was always meant to fit a dance/club context. What's awkward here is that TIHTY isn't played in a club, it's a dance remix (which some people, incl. me, thought was awkward enough) of it and it's actually doing better than the original song with the original intent.

Again, if the remix becomes a huge club hit, people might look it up and search it on Youtube and find more info about the original song and even the documentary / issue the song is abou. There is literally nothing bad about the remix becoming successful.

5 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Well if you can't see that Swine and TIHTY are two very different songs then I feel for you. First of all TIHTY is a lot more explicit about rape not to mention the fact that there's been this whole very serious campaign around it. Swine is an actual dance song, part of Gaga's "releasing her pain through electronic music" or whatever she said. You 

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

It's not like you care what the song you're dancing to is about when you're out. :rip: Even Gaga said that personal/emotional songs don't always have to be ballads. If nothing, people might google the song if they like the remix they hear outside and find out about the original song, the documentary etc.

That's true but don't you think that's a problem? It's supposed to be spreading a very important message but you don't care because it might add another #1 to her tally? That's very shallow.

The fact is people (understandably) find the idea of it an awkward/funny thing and nothing you're saying will change that perception so I'm not really sure what your goal is here.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Again, if the remix becomes a huge club hit, people might look it up and search it on Youtube and find more info about the original song and even the documentary / issue the song is abou. There is literally nothing bad about the remix becoming successful.

I have yet to see someone say the success is "bad".

It seems like you're the only one choosing to overreact about this whole thing. If you're not gonna try to understand the arguments people bring and if you're intent on spinning the tables quickly enough so you always end up sounding ahead of everyone then this thread you made is pointless.

Archived