💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lady Gaga: 'I’ve always been famous, you just didn’t know it'

chiuga

Featured Posts

Great article and interview by The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/7221051/Lady-Gaga-Ive-always-been-famous-you-just-didnt-know-it.html

Some of the interesting things she said:

“You’ll never ever sit down with an artist in their twenties who is as focused or as passionate as me. Not a chance.”

"To me there is nothing more powerful than one song that you can put on in a room anywhere in the world and somebody gets up and dances. If you put a classical piece on, everyone’s not gonna mobilise. It’s gotta be something that resonates on a visceral level."

"They (Interscope) wanted me to be myself but in a way that people would listen and I appreciate that. I grew a keener eye for it. I became good at channelling my ideas through a pop lens. It’s not dumbing down, it’s challenging me as an artist to say it better."

“I look at what I do as a shock installation pop performance piece,” she told me. “I put on a show, orchestrate it to pop music and I test people, I push them to experience and witness things that aren’t comfortable.”

“People are supposed to argue about whether what I’m doing is valid. That’s exactly the point. It’s not valid, but it is! I think I have the right pH balance, concept to pop to sex,” she said. “I made a great record. It’s not that deep. You and I can sit here and talk about art all day but most of my fans are not gonna care about the artistic level of my work, 'cause they are just gonna be bopping around to that killer beat.” She reckoned it would take “another four singles” before audiences realised she was not just another pop bimbo.

“I always wanted to be a star,” she said. “It’s in the marrow of my bones, how I feel about music and art. I sacrifice, bleed and am sleepless for my craft in a shameless and loving way.”

“You’ll never ever sit down with an artist in their twenties who is as focused or as passionate as me. Not a chance.”

This quote is too real.

holy scheisse
13 minutes ago, chiuga said:

Great article and interview by The She reckoned it would take “another four singles” before audiences realised she was not just another pop bimbo.

She was RIGHT

Electric Phire

One of my favorite things about her. When I'm going about being an artist, I always think about this. We are all superstars, everyone just doesn't know it yet.

20 minutes ago, Imperial POP said:

She's a completely different person now. It's truly shocking how much she has changed.

Not really. People can change quite drastically in even shorter amounts of time.

And we all change, hopefully. Who wants to be the same exact person they were when they were 15?

At least her changes were gradual, over a few years.

Mister Gaga
38 minutes ago, Imperial POP said:

She's a completely different person now. It's truly shocking how much she has changed.

agree, but in some aspects. Not in this one. Her essence is still the same. If not, ARTPOP and it's messy era (in terms of commercial success) would never have existed. 2013 showed us who she really was, and we couldn't appreciate it. She fought tirelessly for her art; another artist would have scrapped it's entire material, release some cheap remix, just for being #1. She didn't.

I put on a show, orchestrate it to pop music and I test people, I push them to experience and witness things that aren’t comfortable.

It really seems like Gaga was purposely programmed into this planet to be a pretentious, iconic game changer. She hit the ground running, immediately  :giveup:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

FlopSlut
Just now, Koreku said:

It really seems like Gaga was purposely programmed into this planet to be a pretentious, iconic game changer. She hit the ground running, immediately  :giveup:

tumblr_mb7talJdFO1qfx0b8o1_500.gif

Flopenstein

Andres Miller

THIS PART: "For an international sex symbol, Gaga is not particularly pretty. She certainly knows how to pose, to pull her neck so that it looks like she might actually have a chin and turn her head so that you can’t quite see how prominent her nose is. The ever-present sunglasses and wigs cover most of her face anyway. And while she is certainly aerobically fit, she is actually quite small and robust, with big, quarterback thighs." :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

FlopSlut
1 minute ago, Andres Miller said:

THIS PART: "For an international sex symbol, Gaga is not particularly pretty. She certainly knows how to pose, to pull her neck so that it looks like she might actually have a chin and turn her head so that you can’t quite see how prominent her nose is. The ever-present sunglasses and wigs cover most of her face anyway. And while she is certainly aerobically fit, she is actually quite small and robust, with big, quarterback thighs." :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

It's no lie :air::air: , I still find her beautiful tho tbh :flutter:

Flopenstein

PrinceGaga
1 hour ago, Andres Miller said:

Everything they described is exotic and sexy to me so whatever. 

Archived