💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga needs TF/M Sound For LG5

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

On 26 December 2015 at 3:44 PM, PopThatArt said:

Did it ever occur to anyone that Lady Gaga doesn't care about being a commercial artist? She once discussed it being difficult for her to take her ideas and bend them to commercial expectations, that's it hard for her take ideas she has for her music and make them meet commercial expectations the label and fans have. It was the whole point of ARTPOP, it was a reverse warholian experience because Warhol took commercial things like soup cans and turned them into art, what Lady Gaga does, ARTPOP is take artistic things, her ideas, and turn them into something popular, which she finds difficult to do. There's enough commercial people make generic music, as asked, does it ever occur to you Lady Gaga doesn't want to be that way anymore? 

she obviously loves it, its her main goal. to be the #1 icon, and that equals commercial music. thats why she made ARTPOP. obviously it had the intent to be popular and mainstream. don't care what she tries to make you assume

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SMILE2NE1

She doesn't need the exact sound of TF/M. 

She needs the innovation in visuals and sounds that TF/M stood for at the time of it's release. 

VenusBlackStar

I feel like part of the reason The Fame and The Fame Monster did so incredibly well was that there was also the hype of this interesting chick who wore crazy outfits and had a slamming @SS and was all of a sudden popping up everywhere. During the Just Dance / Poker Face / LoveGame era there was almost a novelty factor among people. Gaga was an interesting conversation piece because literally no one knew where she came from.

Bottomline was that Lady Gaga was something that was trendy and someone that even the "cool" kids were into so long as they didn't stan because then stanning for her would make you not all that "cool" anymore (I was in high school when Gaga was getting big so that's my own viewpoint on it).

And then the hype just kept increasing as people began to slowly learn that she could sing live and play piano, and then the VMA performance and Bad Romance began to cement all that hype together. The timing of her music and style were perfect as well because she was able to really push electro-pop forward immensely, her and The Black Eyed Peas and then everyone else following along.

So I think if she wanted to get back on that level she'd have to do something that's not only current and awesome but also something "trendy" because sadly I think a lot of really awesome stuff dies just because it's not on the cool kid radar IMO.

Archived