Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Gaga needs TF/M Sound For LG5

Arizona Sky

Featured Posts

Arizona Sky

I am a firm believer that LG5 needs more songs like 'The Fame/Monster' & less like 'Born This Way' & 'ARTPOP'.  First off, the songs appeal to everyone. Songs like 'Just Dance', 'Poker Face' & 'Bad Romance' are very GP friendly, even to straight men.  From my understanding, the GP loved Gaga during TF/M era!  Her first two singles, 'Just Dance' & 'Poker Face' both sold over 7,000,000 copies in the US alone. That doesn't happen on accident!  When the Born This Way era started, things went downhill.  The GP was expecting SO much from Gaga, especially coming off of the biggest era in years (hence BTW debuted with allot of copies), but the GP saw the gimmicks throughout that era.  They began to look at her as the 'weird' girl.  When she came out with 'ARTPOP' in 2013, most people probably heard of 'Applause' or maybe even 'Do What U Want' but other than  that, they didn't care.  Still one of the reasons why I believe ARTPOP lacked in commercial performance was because she was overly confident when making it.  Being named the 'New Queen of Pop' & all that stuff made her feel like she could do anything & it would go to number 1.  But boy was she in for a rude awakening!  I have a feeling she's starting to learn. Working with RedOne & Mark Ronson is exactly what she needs.  If she stays away from the crazy costumes and gimmicks, but puts out good pop music like TF/M & has a GP friendly revamped image, she'll do great!  She needs commercial success, its the truth whether you like it or not.  As you see, most people on the street would say, "Oh yeah! Thats the girl that wore the meat dress! haven't heard of her for years!" Its because of the quality she's been putting out which results into success.  We NEED TF/M Gaga back!  You can't deny it!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mariomania1234

I disagree. BTW is better than TF/TFM anyway. She shouldn't regress. She should continue to push the boundaries of what a pop star can do both sonically and visually. 

Mobster

You're not even being specific about what sound you want. Your argument is: It did well then, she should try to repeat her former success. You want commercial success but you're not even taking into consideration that the GP's taste has evolved, too.

EDIT: Deleted the gif to avoid getting a WP

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

Dangerous Man

"Need"? Not really a need imo. But I wouldn't mind if they put TF/M monster sound on LG5 because those are kind of music that are acclaimed, edgy and avant-garde and at the same time appeal to the GP. We can always have both, music and the bling.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

DriverMonster

Actually, BTW was huge. I remember how big the single was. The album was a million times better than TF  . TF was great for the way music sounded back then and for a debut album but she doesn't need to go back to that. 

Warholian

pK1Gn.gif

congratz u r the 1000th poster about this topic! click the link to clame your prize you lucky boi!!! 

https://45.media.tumblr.com/d90f8066ae3af9c77a38342d6bce3463/tumblr_n1tgz3gq7B1r97avwo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Kevin Parker, Mac Demarco, Mark Ronson, and a stoned Lady Gaga. Need I say more?

Edonis

I don't think she needs to because she's great at being a trendsetter and bringing back sounds that have been forgotten or reinventing new ones, but it would be nice. I agree with your analysis of BTW that it alienated some of her fans, not because it was "gay" music, but because the music was very heavy IMO, which didn't translate well. 

But I have high hopes for LG5. 

Edonis
3 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

I disagree. BTW is better than TF/TFM anyway. She shouldn't regress.

Production wise, but overall impact and lasting ability, no. Only Little Monsters think it's her best work. 

andy232000

theres a difference between "she needs" and "what i want gaga to do". i love ARTPOP and every bit of it. id rather her do songs that have real meaning to her and to us than to have a typical unoriginal GP friendly song that will eventually drive me crazy when i hear everyone talk about it. if she somehow can do something fresh and comercial it be great. but thats very hard and id choose her creative freedom than a basic generic popstar

latest?cb=20130302213315

Girl, bye. No one is waiting for 2008 - 2010 electro-driven Red One pop. While being more experimental, ARTPOP is a testament of that. It was to similar to her past work instead of being the futuristic record a lot of us expected it to be. Even the trap elements on ARTPOP weren't fresh anymore when it was released. 

What we DO need, is her level of hunger for slayage she had from 2009-2012. She was enormously driven and THAT'S what we need. The electro-pop she did with TF/TFM wasn't popular in 2008, she helped to MAKE it popular. The Fame had been #1 in Canada and Europe when small radio stations in the US still thought Just Dance wasn't "current enough". They were right, it was futuristic. Months later, her sound became the main sound of the industry.

So in conclusion, her old drive with a fresh new sound and image would be ideal for a lot of us, including me. 

luckythisway
5 minutes ago, DriverMonster said:

Actually, BTW was huge. I remember how big the single was. The album was a million times better than TF  . TF was great for the way music sounded back then and for a debut album but she doesn't need to go back to that. 

if BTW was really that big, it wouldn't have sold HALF of its US sales in its first week and the single was only 9 weeks top 10 after being at number 1 for 6 weeks. 

CHROMATICA

andy232000
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

NO

I just want an album with her real voice and real instruments

this! but not a typical ballad or now sound. id like to hear more of her voice but still have some spects of ARTPOP (i love feeling overwhelmed by music) 

She needs to do whatever she wants and not listen to others.

jyInoIL.gif

Finally feeling free for the night, I got no worries. Finally got a claim on my life, baby, c'est la vie. ☄️

Archived