💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Wtf is "the old Lady *GaGa"?

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Reality
1 minute ago, Quasi said:

Back when I was younger, I would also say that I miss FameGa. The makeup, the clothes, the music of that era is what got me to be a fan of hers. But as I got older I began to realize that nobody around me was the same person they were when I was a child, so how can I expect any different from Gaga. She's human and she's allowed to change. If we all can do it and ALLOW ourselves to change then why the hell are we so concerned about keeping Gaga in this box? That's nothing more than entitlement really. The GP want Gaga to stay FameGa and they think they deserve that, when really they don't deserve anything at all because Gaga isn't ours to control. She has every right to evolve, and change and mess up, and I welcome that with open arms because not doing so is just doing her a major disservice.

This quote is exactly my point. It's also very ironic that Gaga, the girl that is anything but "normal" has fans that want her to put her in that same "normal" state, they want to put her in a box. Don't get me wrong, I like FameGa, but I prefer the Gaga we have now to her any day. She's evolved, and that's okay. That's who she is. She's a chameleon in the industry, and it's rare to see pop stars know who can not only perform different types of musical genre (i.e. jazz), but able to pursue other passions (i.e. American Horror Story: Hotel) and projects (i.e. Born This Way Foundation and Emotion Revolution). 

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eifulien

Oh, guys, c'mon. This is the general public's opinion. Let's have some hot tea, shall we? The people who leave those comments aren't really fans, they miss her only when it comes to serving basic catchy music that doesn't require any special attention in order to enjoy and understand it. 

And before you jump on me and destroy me for saying that TF/TFM songs are basic, I'm only implying that this is how the gp perceived it. Gaga was actually super smart with these two albums imo, cause she became a popstar by acting like the popstar (in the way the audience and the media perceive 'it'). So she managed to push that "commentary" on fame while having the hits and all. I can't blame her for doing what she did, cause unfortunately, this is how apparently you make it in the industry (she climbed on a lot of swine). She also had that unreachable mysterious image.

And she lost a big chunk of it all with BTW. She required more from her audience and many people are not just here for that kind of ride. We can easily say LGBT was a main focus during that period and no matter what we say, this topic makes a LOT of people uneasy. With ARTPOP, poor thing managed to alienate even her fans. She basically combined electronic party music with a concept about the inspiration behind the artistic process and how it all converges to create 'new' art/music/ etc. Well, I think we all agree this is hard to swallow. And I think it is clear where the 'old' v. 'new' Gaga issue comes from. 

But I wouldn't complain about the 'new' one. In fact, I believe there is no new and old, she is just ever changing and evolving. This is part of artistic growth - sacrificing the image she had built in order to improve. And judging by her collaborations and the people she works with, she is on the right path, and she has never been higher. [Just compare her feature on Wale's Chillin' with TIHTY and IWYL...] To be honest 2015 is a groundbreaking for her, cause she got access to the elite in music, and this milestone was achieved really early in her career. 

And Gaga is not the only one to change in this course. Look at Beyoncé during first 3 albums and then 4 and self-titled. I hope Rihanna makes it with ANTI, as well.

I think Gaga just broke from that mainstream image the earliest. Tbh, I would really appreciate in a future album if Gags brings some style from the Fame era, and records a song or two as a nod to her rise to fame. :wub:

Xoxo Adriana

I think they were talking about the music and her looks (which doesn't matter). I know my brother is not a fan of Lady Gaga, but told me that he loved her back when she started. He thought she was mega hot just because she was platinum blonde, skinny and her music "wasn't rubbish". I think she is actually better now to be honest. My mum and great aunt actually love her now, especially with her Jazz music. My mum didnt like her sexual references in her earlier music. But I guess some little monsters miss her working with RedOne and Space Cowboy etc, i kind off do, but we have to admit Gaga is showing her real self and not her fake one now.

Reality
1 hour ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

Oh, guys, c'mon. This is the general public's opinion. Let's have some hot tea, shall we? The people who leave those comments aren't really fans, they miss her only when it comes to serving basic catchy music that doesn't require any special attention in order to enjoy and understand it. 

And before you jump on me and destroy me for saying that TF/TFM songs are basic, I'm only implying that this is how the gp perceived it. Gaga was actually super smart with these two albums imo, cause she became a popstar by acting like the popstar (in the way the audience and the media perceive 'it'). So she managed to push that "commentary" on fame while having the hits and all. I can't blame her for doing what she did, cause unfortunately, this is how apparently you make it in the industry (she climbed on a lot of swine). She also had that unreachable mysterious image.

And she lost a big chunk of it all with BTW. She required more from her audience and many people are not just here for that kind of ride. We can easily say LGBT was a main focus during that period and no matter what we say, this topic makes a LOT of people uneasy. With ARTPOP, poor thing managed to alienate even her fans. She basically combined electronic party music with a concept about the inspiration behind the artistic process and how it all converges to create 'new' art/music/ etc. Well, I think we all agree this is hard to swallow. And I think it is clear where the 'old' v. 'new' Gaga issue comes from. 

But I wouldn't complain about the 'new' one. In fact, I believe there is no new and old, she is just ever changing and evolving. This is part of artistic growth - sacrificing the image she had built in order to improve. And judging by her collaborations and the people she works with, she is on the right path, and she has never been higher. [Just compare her feature on Wale's Chillin' with TIHTY and IWYL...] To be honest 2015 is a groundbreaking for her, cause she got access to the elite in music, and this milestone was achieved really early in her career. 

And Gaga is not the only one to change in this course. Look at Beyoncé during first 3 albums and then 4 and self-titled. I hope Rihanna makes it with ANTI, as well.

I think Gaga just broke from that mainstream image the earliest. Tbh, I would really appreciate in a future album if Gags brings some style from the Fame era, and records a song or two as a nod to her rise to fame. :wub:

YAAASSS! 100% Agree with this post. Gaga's said that this year was the year when she really got to do what she wanted. This could imply that everything before hand might have been some sort of facade. While I don't think her Born This Way or ARTPOP eras were necessarily facades, her Fame/Fame Monster eras could have very well been some sort of front to make it into the industry.

I mean, just look at the stark difference between the message of Just Dance and ARTPOP. One's literally just a dance-electronic song that has little significant meaning, while the other incorporates art/fashion/music and speaks about Gaga's inherit creative passions. The latter part is who Lady Gaga is. Even through her Fame/Fame Monster eras, she talks about how art/fashion/music are her passions, and how different kinds of art, and artists influence her. Just watch Candy Warhol. 

She's a ever-changing and growing artist, and who knows, maybe within the next few years we'll see a whole new Gaga—which honestly, I expect. It's why we're her "Little Monsters". We love her for who she is, and not who we want her to be. 

🃏🖤👹

Archived