💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would ARTPOP from ARTPOP have been a good single choice?

Creyk

Featured Posts

The "we could, we could belong together" part is just so catchy, I think it would have stuck in people's heads and they would have liked the song. It could have gone top 10 at least. Plus let's not forget that Gaga completely slayed every single live performance of this song. Literally everyone agrees that her performance of the song at SwineFest was a carreer highlight.

Also don't comment with things like "the era is over, let it rest in peace already" we literally have NOTHING else to talk about music-wise other than her past stuff since we know absolutely nothing about what LG5 is gonna be like:emma:

President Biden

Maybe a slightly upbeat remix ft Elton and Sting could but idk about the original version

I got drunk

mariomania1234

I remember rooting for this song to be released as a single. One of the top 3 of the album IMO.

Illuminati

it's one of the best songs on the album but not very good as a single, maybe a promo single instead? i love her live performances of it

Mobster

I mean, I would have loved it... But you wouldn't have heard it on the radio even with payola

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

2 minutes ago, Mobster said:

I mean, I would have loved it... But you wouldn't have heard it on the radio even with payola

Why...if radio played Four Five Seconds they could have certainly played this...

narcoswing

During the release week of ARTPOP, NRJ in my country had a contest every night that week where they played a non-single from AP and you had to call the studio and win **** yaddayaddayadda.

So the first night they played the title track unannounced and omg did it fit well on the radio. It didn't sound out of place or anything at all, it truly belonged:green: there.

Edit: and the lines were immediately full so ppl were obviously aware of that it was a Gaga track

AlexanderLevi2

I don't think it would have worked. I think it's an amazing song but it's not really radio friendly. Nobody understands what ARTPOP is except fans.

Currently listening to Joanne

Mobster
3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Why...if radio played Four Five Seconds they could have certainly played this...

The sound might be unusual, but the lyrics are similar to every other song on the radio

ARTPOP's sound and lyrics aren't radio friendly, she's basically singing about herself

(and please don't come with the Love You Like a Love Song comparisons :green:)

But I'm only a man and I do what I can.

It would need heavy remixing to make it radio friendly but the hook is catchy and the production ideas were cool

Love you like a love song was really big and ARTPOP was a better version of it

Lion Heart

Lmao no.

Especially the reductive CD version. 

iTunes Festival > Cd version 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

eifulien

Well, thinking about it why not? Many people would assume that it isn't radio-friendly cause it is not upbeat. But there could be a place for a more dreamy song like ARTPOP. G.U.Y. was quite agressive and upbeat and yet it didn't do well so this couldn't be held as an argument. :duck:

TheKillerQueen

YES! It's easily the best song on the album and most radio friendly. Will never understand why they chose G.U.Y over it... 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

Archived