💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Original Concept for VMA2013 + ARTPOP era

lmxoxo

Featured Posts

So in this topic I want to talk about how ARTPOP era was in mess even before album dropped, or all that things about DWUW music video...

As we know from Gaga's interviews 1st single from ARTPOP that she planned was AURA. Label said no, she leaked it. Label said APPLAUSE. Gaga do Applause as 1st single. In order to promote single they choose MTV Video Music Awards. Gaga & her team made artperfect Case Study for 2013 VMA Performance [open the hyperlink]. MTV said no. Gaga made new concept - as shown on August 25th 2013. Since the beginning there were so many problems. [CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE THIS **** LIVE! OMG! :air:]

On September 1st 2013, iTunes Festival London , Gaga plays 8 songs from album that's coming in more than 2 months! That was bad for commercially success (even they thought it will be good)

Later she decide VENUS - 2nd single. Week before dropped promo single - DWUW, which make huge success, then label make it 2nd single. Gaga had in plan shoot video for Venus (directed by Ruth Hogben), due to been just promo single its cancelled , Gaga shoot DWUW video instead (directed by Terry Richardson). Video for DWUW, as we know, was never published.

After all the shits in that era, she wanted to save it with 3rd single G.U.Y. - flopped so bad, showed her that it was bad choice for single that you need to revive your messy era. 

HOPE IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN WITH NEW ERA, OR ANYTIME. Hearing how Gaga talks in recent interviews I think she's stronger then ever and that she wont let anyone to decide promos for performances,singles or album,but her! :):bye:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just wasn't her time, and thats okay.

Monsters @ ARTPOP Era (hopefully soon)

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

mariomania1234

I'm really interested in how the original VMA concept would have played out. It looked so intricate. Damn you MTV. :crossed:

Pacify Him

When you see that Venus choreography and there never came a music video for it :giveup: I'm still crying about it tbh :rip:

Could it really be the fault of her manager? I can see that it is tho because, like you said, DWUW was a hit on the radio so they scrapped Venus MV and then tried to produce DWUW video but failed due to extreme controversy surrounding the scenes and R Kelly.

I’m getting on your nerves

Justin Drew Bieber

The tag made me think it was a performance by a fan to show us what it would've looked like :(

1 minute ago, Noahhh said:

Monsters @ ARTPOP Era (hopefully soon)

Hahaha sorry but some just can't get over it cuz that album was LIFE. + that was time in her career when she needed to be top, not flop. 
But put all hopes in #LG5 era :flutter: cuz 2015 was a really good-ass year for her! 

18 minutes ago, lmxoxo said:

After all the shits in that era, she wanted to save it with 3rd single G.U.Y. - flopped so bad, showed her that it was bad choice for single that you need to revive your messy era. 

This was kind of rude....she put so much effort into the video for that song so she clearly believed in it. It sounds to me as if you're only bothered about a song charting well. She probably had no plan to 'revive her messy era' as you put it, instead she probably just wanted to create something with meaning and hit back at her record label for what had happened (the start of the G.U.Y. video).

Swan Heart

Why didn't they let her do the performance anyway? :crossed: It would have been glorious! :grr:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

I would not have performed on Lady Gaga's place, that would have been a real statement.

There was a sort of agenda i'm sure. MTV plans and calculate all the time, they know exactly what will be interesting for the world and trigger people. Gaga was not the new It-girl and the focus should not take away from Miley Cyrus childish trash performance. That's my guess. I mean they turned down 2 of Gagas ideas, now i understand why the performance felt so incomplete and improvised.

She should implement the original idea for  Applause in a huge form at a festival in the LG5 phase. Applause deserves anyway a huge and original performance with much better arrangement and mixing for instrumental and voice.

So do it Gaga for LG5.

12 minutes ago, Ibo said:

Maybe she can perform the original Applause performance at her next tour or at the Super Bowl, if she ever gets asked to. :flutter: 

Gurl the Applause performance at artRAVE was watered down af, she's not gonna do it on her next tour :(

7 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE said:

Gurl the Applause performance at artRAVE was watered down af, she's not gonna do it on her next tour :(

I noticed. :/ 

Well, at least it was full of energy. :nick: 

Katharine Hepburn
11 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE said:

I just assumed she wasn't doing anything too intense because of her hip

xoxo Joanne

elijahfan

Am I the only one not being a huge fan of that original VMA concept? Pretty grim for Applause, don't you think? Unless of course this was supposed to go with Aura.

Also, playing brand new tracks to the iTunes Festival was actually Gaga's idea and she fought for it to happen, as she wasn't interested in playing a bunch of old records. The iTunes Festival is, in my opinion, one of the best things that came out of the ARTPOP era.

Archived