💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

music theory (correct me if im wrong)

caseymonster

Featured Posts

Just now, caseymonster said:

gaga is a better preformer period. gaga can play. sings live. beyonce is manufactured as ****. in my list i listed the top of the top. beyonce is not top at perforimng cus gaga is better than her. beyonce is well great at everything. but top at nothing

What does being manufactured really have to do with being a great performer?

I love Gaga as a performer, I think her abilities as a pianist are better than her contemporaries which is where she really shines. Gaga's main strength as a performer is her theatrical background, which I love, and her educated approach to performance. She is also an artists that really pushes herself as a performer and strays from the norm.

With that being said, from a purely technical perspective I think that Beyonce is a better performer. Her choreography is better, her ability to control her voice while performing said choreography is better and she is an incredible vocalist.

Gaga couldn't pull off a performance like the Billboard performance I posted, she doesn't have the technical skill. In fact I don't know ANY other pop star atm who could pull of a performance like that. I mean, that isn't a dig at Gaga, I don't think Beyonce would ever attempt a performance such as Paparazzi VMA or Swine at SXSW, but you're basing Gaga being a better performer on nothing but personal taste and I think a very strong argument could be made that Beyonce is a better performer. I prefer Gaga as an entertainer and performer, but in terms of technical skills I think Beyonce has her beat.

I think it's very hard to claim that Beyonce is "Top at nothing".

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

I don't agree. I think that Gaga is actually maybe not the best performer (Beyonce is equally good). But she is the best singer and songwriter

RAMROD

These theories are fallacies.

cat1.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

venusian
24 minutes ago, caseymonster said:

gaga is a better preformer period. gaga can play. sings live. beyonce is manufactured as ****. in my list i listed the top of the top. beyonce is not top at perforimng cus gaga is better than her. beyonce is well great at everything. but top at nothing

beyonce sings live. never misses a beat. and gets the rcowd lit. she is the best performer of our generation. call her manufactured or whatever makes you sleep better at night you cant deny it. 

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

Ferrer Zorola
20 hours ago, Bebe said:

What does being manufactured really have to do with being a great performer?

I love Gaga as a performer, I think her abilities as a pianist are better than her contemporaries which is where she really shines. Gaga's main strength as a performer is her theatrical background, which I love, and her educated approach to performance. She is also an artists that really pushes herself as a performer and strays from the norm.

With that being said, from a purely technical perspective I think that Beyonce is a better performer. Her choreography is better, her ability to control her voice while performing said choreography is better and she is an incredible vocalist.

Gaga couldn't pull off a performance like the Billboard performance I posted, she doesn't have the technical skill. In fact I don't know ANY other pop star atm who could pull of a performance like that. I mean, that isn't a dig at Gaga, I don't think Beyonce would ever attempt a performance such as Paparazzi VMA or Swine at SXSW, but you're basing Gaga being a better performer on nothing but personal taste and I think a very strong argument could be made that Beyonce is a better performer. I prefer Gaga as an entertainer and performer, but in terms of technical skills I think Beyonce has her beat.

I think it's very hard to claim that Beyonce is "Top at nothing".

19 hours ago, venusian said:

beyonce sings live. never misses a beat. and gets the rcowd lit. she is the best performer of our generation. call her manufactured or whatever makes you sleep better at night you cant deny it. 

but Beyoncé lip synchs? 

LIFE IS GOOD

2 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

but Beyoncé lip synchs? 

She lipsynced at the Inauguration if that's what you're talking about? But no, generally she doesn't. She dances and she sings live

venusian
14 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

but Beyoncé lip synchs? 

she only lip-synced once 

Everyone do give him a beak. He's fifteen. He's in his... well, obsession years.

Reminds me of when I was young.... dear lord why did I like Naruto?

imwoahvicky
20 hours ago, caseymonster said:

Eh, I disagree. Tbh I'm not a die-hard Beyonce fan but when she she's performing live her singing/dancing always has everyone fired up (including me :nick:) her dancing is just about always on point including her singing. If anything, imo, Beyonce is one of the best performers of our generation. She just takes the cake from Gaga for being a better performer is all. Nothing bad about it really, our faves all have their special talents and excel in different compartments compared to others :flutter:

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

Ferrer Zorola
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

She lipsynced at the Inauguration if that's what you're talking about? But no, generally she doesn't. She dances and she sings live

1 hour ago, venusian said:

she only lip-synced once 

I have seen like five videos of her doing lip synch in the mrs Carter world tour

LIFE IS GOOD

2 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

I have seen like five videos of her doing lip synch in the mrs Carter world tour

:applause: that's some great evidence you have there.

Regardless, even if you did have videos showing this it wouldn't disprove that #1 "generally she doesn't" lip sync and that #2 "Her choreography is better, her ability to control her voice while performing said choreography is better and she is an incredible vocalist."

I mean Michael Jackson lip-synced some of his performances and people don't use that to discredit his ability as a performer.

Her timing is incredible here, her choreography is spot on and she is singing strongly - not lipsyncing. 

Performing her iconic choreography while singing live

Vocal performances 

And of course this long meadly which she slayed without lipsyncing with parts of heavy choreography:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24k4ub_beyonce-medley-live-vma-2014-full-performance_shortfilms

All these performances show she has great technical skills. She is a great dancer, she is a great singer and she has great control of her voice when while dancing. She is one of the most technically gifted pop stars around period.

venusian
28 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

a thing called backing vocals that even gaga uses

Archived