Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

music theory (correct me if im wrong)

caseymonster

Featured Posts

Ferrer Zorola
34 minutes ago, Bebe said:

:applause: that's some great evidence you have there.

Regardless, even if you did have videos showing this it wouldn't disprove that #1 "generally she doesn't" lip sync and that #2 "Her choreography is better, her ability to control her voice while performing said choreography is better and she is an incredible vocalist."

I mean Michael Jackson lip-synced some of his performances and people don't use that to discredit his ability as a performer.

Her timing is incredible here, her choreography is spot on and she is singing strongly - not lipsyncing. 

Performing her iconic choreography while singing live

Vocal performances 

And of course this long meadly which she slayed without lipsyncing with parts of heavy choreography:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24k4ub_beyonce-medley-live-vma-2014-full-performance_shortfilms

All these performances show she has great technical skills. She is a great dancer, she is a great singer and she has great control of her voice when while dancing. She is one of the most technically gifted pop stars around period.

and you got mad because? :stalkga:
you could have ended your comment after your Michael Jackson comparison since it's obvious Beyoncé has more live performances than lip synched ones
B can lip synch cause she doesn't have anything to prove but it's unfair to say that she can sing well and dance at the same time better than Gaga if she has lip synched before, we don't even know which performances have been prerecorded? 
not to mention her choreographies are pieces of cake compared to G.U.Y. i.e.

anyways I'm not a hater and this is making me look like one 

LIFE IS GOOD

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

and you got mad because? :stalkga:
you could have ended your comment after your Michael Jackson comparison since it's obvious Beyoncé has more live performances than lip synched ones
B can lip synch cause she doesn't have anything to prove but it's unfair to say that she can sing well and dance at the same time better than Gaga if she has lip synched before, we don't even know which performances have been prerecorded? 
not to mention her choreographies are pieces of cake compared to G.U.Y. i.e.

anyways I'm not a hater and this is making me look like one 

I'm not mad :smh: I just thought it was a silly argument to make, especially when you were just saying "I've seen this?" rather than showing any performances where that was the case. 

There is no way that Beyonce's choreographies are easier compared to G.U.Y. The Billboard performance alone shows that's not true. It's also not unfair to say she can sing and dance at the same time better than Gaga because there are hundreds of performances showing that this is the case. You can very much tell when Beyonce is singing live, it's basically all the time with the exception of the Inaugural performance.

You can not tell me that the choreography in this  some complex dance routine :rip: It doesn't even come close to the examples I have provided showing Beyonce both singing and dancing.

Ferrer Zorola
20 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I'm not mad :smh: I just thought it was a silly argument to make, especially when you were just saying "I've seen this?" rather than showing any performances where that was the case. 

There is no way that Beyonce's choreographies are easier compared to G.U.Y. The Billboard performance alone shows that's not true. It's also not unfair to say she can sing and dance at the same time better than Gaga because there are hundreds of performances showing that this is the case. You can very much tell when Beyonce is singing live, it's basically all the time with the exception of the Inaugural performance.

You can not tell me that the choreography in this  some complex dance routine :rip: It doesn't even come close to the examples I have provided showing Beyonce both singing and dancing.

GUY was only an example and this isn't that song's best performance. Judas and born this way are harder than running around the stage like Beyoncé does. 

LIFE IS GOOD

Just now, Ferrer Zorola said:

GUY was only an example and this isn't that song's best performance. Judas and born this way are harder than running around the stage like Beyoncé does. 

I doubt you have even watched one of the videos I've posted so I'm not even going to try. I didn't even really want to get into a debate who is the better performer from a technical perspective, because my main point was really that it's not so easy to make claims that A performer is a better performer than B performer. Top performers generally have different strengths and weaknesses which makes any comparison pretty difficult.

As I have mentioned, I prefer Gaga as a performer because I appreciate her theatrics and her educated approach to performance. I like it when she pushes boundaries, but I also think she is best when it is just her and the piano. There is simply no doubt however that Beyonce is a better performance based on her technical gifts. Gaga isn't a world class dancer, I'm not saying she is bad, but she can't compare with the likes of Beyonce who have been dancing since forever.

Gaga couldn't keep her breath during Judas, so I don't think that's a great example. Born This Way is one of the only songs she can sing in a major key while doing any heavy choreography with the exception of maybe MTN as well. Good examples of a song where Gaga can sing while dancing, but there are a plethora of examples of Beyonce doing the exact same thing often with more challenging songs and more intense choreography. 

To me, Gaga should just stop the dancing and just sing, let her dancers handle that. If Gaga approached singing live , like Adele does, she would be a hit with everyone, even in pop music. Gaga has the vocals, personality and the stage presence to hold a crowd and to achieve it all.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Ferrer Zorola
15 hours ago, Bebe said:

I doubt you have even watched one of the videos I've posted so I'm not even going to try. I didn't even really want to get into a debate who is the better performer from a technical perspective, because my main point was really that it's not so easy to make claims that A performer is a better performer than B performer. Top performers generally have different strengths and weaknesses which makes any comparison pretty difficult.

As I have mentioned, I prefer Gaga as a performer because I appreciate her theatrics and her educated approach to performance. I like it when she pushes boundaries, but I also think she is best when it is just her and the piano. There is simply no doubt however that Beyonce is a better performance based on her technical gifts. Gaga isn't a world class dancer, I'm not saying she is bad, but she can't compare with the likes of Beyonce who have been dancing since forever.

Gaga couldn't keep her breath during Judas, so I don't think that's a great example. Born This Way is one of the only songs she can sing in a major key while doing any heavy choreography with the exception of maybe MTN as well. Good examples of a song where Gaga can sing while dancing, but there are a plethora of examples of Beyonce doing the exact same thing often with more challenging songs and more intense choreography. 

>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP10z9nz8I

period

thanks for making me waste my time searching for a single performance on BeyoncéVEVO that slayed born this way on the Grammys 
your other three examples made me laugh
two of them show Beyoncé standing still and the single ladies performance is just the video choreography which is basic and easy as fock
the one embedded here shows Beyoncé (if you ignore the background) just making silly, easy movements :)
good
bye

LIFE IS GOOD

andy232000
On December 19, 2015 at 2:09 AM, caseymonster said:

(for me) at the moment: 

taylor swift is the best lyricist 

gaga is the best performer (also well rounded in all the other categories but does not master them) 

beyonce is the best in woman and black empowerment (well rounded in all the categories but do not excell in any) 

adele is the best in vocals 

katy is the best in making catchy songs (taylor is reaching for this spot) 

the phases thru the years: 

6 years ago it was time for preformance artist 

than it was time for catchy **** (katy perry was rulling) 

than came the time for vocal adele 21 

than people wanted contravorsy (miley delivered ) 

catchy **** came from taylor and some from katy 

and now again we  back in the vocal era 

as you can see. there is a pattern here. gaga is in a very competitive slot where bitchs like miley and sia and other artistic/perfromance singers want to that spot. in my opinion gaga should be aiming to fill that spot with some legit artistic stuff. no doubt gaga knew it and came up with ARTPOP (but it wasnt really that artistic). i hope gaga learns from her mistakes and comes back better than ever with some amazing performances that make people talk. something smart not just selling sex and controversy (im not implying that she ever done that) but still. discuss. 

Sia is a better lyricist to me

1 hour ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP10z9nz8I

period

thanks for making me waste my time searching for a single performance on BeyoncéVEVO that slayed born this way on the Grammys 
your other three examples made me laugh
two of them show Beyoncé standing still and the single ladies performance is just the video choreography which is basic and easy as fock
the one embedded here shows Beyoncé (if you ignore the background) just making silly, easy movements :)
good
bye

Honey I'm not even going to try with you, because I don't even understand what you are trying to argue.

Yes, two of the videos I showed was of her standing still.... I actually mentioned that they were "vocal performances" below those two videos if you bothered to read.

I mean if you think the Billboard performance is just Beyonce "making silly easy, movements" if ignoring the background then ok :toofunny: I mean the footwork in that performance is far more complicated than the vast majority of Gaga choreography alone.

The Grammy's performance is great, but it's not as energetic as Single Ladies and not complex or technical as Run The World.... For most of it she is just stomping her feet or withering around...

BTW was a fantastic performance, just brilliant, but it's really not comparable *technically* to the best of Beyonce period. I'm not even a huge Beyonce fan like....

Anyway, not only is it clear that you are not looking at these performances with an open mind,you're starting to get pointed, defensive and bothered so no more replies from me.

Ferrer Zorola
44 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Honey I'm not even going to try with you, because I don't even understand what you are trying to argue.

Yes, two of the videos I showed was of her standing still.... I actually mentioned that they were "vocal performances" below those two videos if you bothered to read.

I mean if you think the Billboard performance is just Beyonce "making silly easy, movements" if ignoring the background then ok :toofunny: I mean the footwork in that performance is far more complicated than the vast majority of Gaga choreography alone.

The Grammy's performance is great, but it's not as energetic as Single Ladies and not complex or technical as Run The World.... For most of it she is just stomping her feet or withering around...

BTW was a fantastic performance, just brilliant, but it's really not comparable *technically* to the best of Beyonce period. I'm not even a huge Beyonce fan like....

Anyway, not only is it clear that you are not looking at these performances with an open mind,you're starting to get pointed, defensive and bothered so no more replies from me.

k then, finally
comparing Beyoncé and Lady Gaga's styles is as ridiculous as saying video phone's dance routine is harder than telephone's choreography
not to mention Beyonce only dances at SOME parts of her performances instead of doing it through the whole thing :nick:

LIFE IS GOOD

Liam Fisher

literally any performance Pink has done since she has 12 could **** on any of beyonce's (and i agree beyonce is talented).

love getting my puci ate

Archived